FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Thank You for All of Your Support (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Thank You for All of Your Support
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

I am very sorry Toni. I know what it's like to see somebody on life support machines. It's very hard.

[Frown]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I forgive you for being sarcastic to me. Don't worry about it.

I'm really sorry about your sister. [Frown] That's so sad. I wish there was more I could do than this:
(((((((((((((((Ralphie)))))))))))))))))

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Toni-
May positive energy surround you and your loved ones in your grief, reminding you of the better times you've shared with your sister. You and your family will be in mine and Rick's thoughts.

Joyous gifts you brought us
with your presence.
As we move on, so do you.
May the path be bright before you
And our hearts release you to travel it,
leaving gleeful memories in your wake.

Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Toni, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. Rest assured, though, there a lot of people here that care for you immensly and would, given the chance, do anything they could to help. For my part... ::hugs:: May better days find your path.
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man. I am so sorry, Toni. Thinking of you and yours. Praying you all can heal. If us Hatrackers in the Portland area can be of any help at all for ANYthing, let us know.

*hopefully you won't mind if I give a patented Zotto hug, for the same reasons Icarus stated*

(((Toni+Dan+Eric+D'mitri+Ty+Family)))

~Jeremy

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Ralphie)))
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie,

I am so sorry for your and Slash's loss, as well as the rest of your family. I can't even imagine what you are going through. All I can do is keep you and your family in my thoughts and send you virtual hugs (neither of which do your situation justice for comfort).

{{{{Toni "Ralphie", Ty "Slash", Dan, Eric, and D'mitri}}}}

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my goodness, I am so so so so so so sorry Ralphie, and the others who are suffering as a result of the tragedy. I wish so much I could help you, I'm so sorry this had to happen. My uncle is epileptic, my mom's brother, and so I know what it is like to constantly worry about those close to you, to worry that they'll be alright. And my uncle lives about 4000 miles away, so I definitely understand the feeling of helplessness.

Ralphie, again, I am so so so so so so sorry to hear that *hugs to you all* and I hope that you all will be ok, you have all my sympathies.

Btw, you can e-mail or IM me at ABSOLUTELY any time, if you need a friend, or someone to talk to, ok? I'm here, and being an internet geek, am always online, so please please feel free to do so, I would try to help as much as I can, or I could just sit and listen if you needed to let something out! [Frown]

*hugs again*

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Toni, you know how much I care and respect both you and Ty. I am sorry for your loss. Please tell Ty that my thoughts are with him and with you today.

Much love,
Michael

Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
*speechless--and that's rare, believe me*

(((((Ralphie)))))

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
You left us all behind
Was this the way that you'd remind us to cry?
How could I be this close
And not go through what I'm supposed to, why?
Was there something I forgot?
Was it the service?

((((((((((( Toni and Ty ))))))))))))

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie,

I hope you, Slash, and your sister's family do well through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Ami

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Toni, Ty, Dan,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Good luck getting through this tough time. You and the rest of your family will be in my thoughts.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Toni,

My heart goes out to you and your family. If you need anything at all, you know how to reach me. When you're ready to come back, we'll have more intelligent threads and Funny waiting for you. I'll be listening to Afterimage and thinking of your family.

Jon

[ November 24, 2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry... thinking of you and your family.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
oh bloody purgatory! I'm so sorry,

((((((RALPHIE"S FAMILY)))))))

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie and Slash! I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm glad for D'mitri that he has such a loving aunt and family to help him.

You are all in my prayers.

(((Ralphie)))

(((Slash)))

Come back soon. When you are ready...

I happen to really like sarcastic wit, by the way, so if it helps any, you can practice on me.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing to say, but plenty to feel. Whatever strength, whatever will I have is yours.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Centurion
Member # 3956

- posted      Profile for Centurion           Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie,

I'm sorry for your loss.

Take care of yourself and then take your heinie back here. I, like Bob, enjoy your humor.

I understand how hard it is to tell someone to turn off the machines and I wish that any poor words of mine would make you feel better.

Frank

Posts: 717 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie (and Slash and all others affected) I am so sorry for your loss.

My wifes sister was killed in a car accident on Sunday afternoon, so she (and me as well) is going through a similarly difficult situation right now. My wife is with her family, but we couldn't afford for all of us to go so I am staying home with Leandra. I hope you take comfort in time spent with your family and with the beliefs you hold.

Randy

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard my heart break. I'm so sorry.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Randy, I'm sorry.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, Slash, and solo, I'm sorry for your loss, and I wish you guys all the best during these hard times.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to let you know you have been in my thoughts.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to post their condolences and for their beautiful e-mails.

We've been in and out of town, spending the night with my parents and basically trying to get all the affairs in order. But I've been able to check this thread a couple of times, and it's been very healing to know how many people are keeping my family in their thoughts and prayers.

Solo - I am so very, very sorry. I've never had anyone this close to me pass away, and now I know what it means to have your heart split in two due to the death of a loved one. Please give your wife and her family my deepest condolences, and know that you are so very important to her and the grieving process. I can't even imagine what I would do without Dan.

(Christine, aka "LadyDove" - Dan wanted me to tell you, "Now we have a good reason to use those nice shotglasses you gave us when we were down there." Again, thank you so very much.)

This is a picture of my sister, Tina, taken this year. She had actually just turned 32. I can't believe I forgot that.

[ November 25, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry Toni.... I hope you're holding up and if there's anything I can do...
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
solo, I missed your news when you first posted it. I'm terribly sorry for you and your wife's loss. I do hope you're doing alright. You and yours are in my thoughts.

Toni, keep hanging in there, and I hope you know you can count on me if you need anything.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to thank everyone for the condolences offered. I am struggling a little not being able to be with my wife and having to take care of a 5 year old who doesn't really understand why I get a little teary eyed when she talks about Auntie Shelley. I talked to my wife last night and she seems to be doing a little better now that she is surrounded by family. I am back at work and that is at least a distraction.

I am really going to miss Shelley. I commuted to college with her for several months the year after my wife and I got married and I got to know her really well. She was an Arts Major and we were constantly bickering about which was better, Arts or Sciences. We only agreed that the Fine Arts were a useless field to major in (no offense to any Fine Arts students, it was just a joke).

Shelley was such a good person. She was one of the most generous people I have ever known. She would give up her last dollar if she though you needed it (and by you, I mean any person she just met). Leandra brought something home from school yesterday that talked about donations for a food bank and she asked me what that was. When I told her, she said "I remember going to a food bank with Auntie Shelley once". Shelley at times could barely put food on her own table and yet she was still giving to the food bank.

She will be missed.

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StigLarson
Member # 5579

- posted      Profile for StigLarson           Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry Toni. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Posts: 85 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
solo, thank you for sharing her story. You, Ralphie, and Slash are very close in my heart today.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug*

I wish I could do more.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Toni)))
[Frown]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
He Ralphie, I am sorry. [Frown]

You are in my thoughts.

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AndrewR
Member # 619

- posted      Profile for AndrewR   Email AndrewR         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Ralphie, I am so sorry for your loss.

My thoughts are with you.

Posts: 2473 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Centurion
Member # 3956

- posted      Profile for Centurion           Edit/Delete Post 
<< Shameless Bump >>

Just hoping that she's still checking here once in a while and will come back to us soon.

Any news?

Posts: 717 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.