FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm not dead

Author Topic: I'm not dead
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stable.

So.

The question is, should I go to Caleb's gathering? Airline tickets are still a good price...

*conflicted*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I, for one, am glad you aren't dead. [Wink]

I would go to Caleb's if I didn't already have plans and plane tickets were cheap....

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Would going to Calebs would make you dead?

[Eek!]

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I HOPE not.

No, I just disappeared for a week and didn't TELL anyway.

Am bad.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're not dead, mack. [Smile]

You've listed the reasons to go. What are the reasons not to go?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Caleb, Bob, whoever else is going, please tell mack she is still welcome, and that you will bop her on the head if she doesn't go.

Go Mac. That way the rest of us will be jealous of you, as usual.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Not sure yet. I think because I lost a week already.
rivka
Member # 4859

Hmm. Unless you can come up with a better reason than that, I think you should go.

Besides, how else am I supposed to live vicariously through you?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're doing okay, or at least aren't dead mack. Glad you've got a good therapist too.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
mack, I don't think anything is set in stone yet. I've offered to have Bob, Caleb, tabithecat and one of Caleb's friends comer here. I'm sure Bob and Caleb would love for you to come, and I'd still be willing to have dinner here. Though, we will be up to eight people, and as my table is a poker table, we are pretty much at the seating capacity, unless we all scrunch together, at which time, I'd go eat in the garage, which would, in fact, free up more room, so . . .

fugu, I'm seeing if anyone I know is coming to KC from St. Louis. Will let you know.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Oh, and glad you're not dead. [Smile]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, everyone knows that the real party is in Kayla's garage anyway, so who cares about the seating capacity of her poker table?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Who told? [No No]
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
glad you're not dead

can I still be mad, though?

go to Caleb's house for Thanksgiving, and remember to give thanks

*grmbl at mack*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, I just disappeared for a week and didn't TELL anyway.

Am bad.

Yes, you are! [Wink] [Razz]

*thwap*

So glad you are back and feeling good! [Big Grin]

Go to Caleb's for Thanksgiving. You'll have a good time. You're not going to work on Thanksgiving anyway, right? Write your paper on the plane. GO!!!

(And give everyone a hug for us. [Smile] )

*tackle hug*

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Mack, and welcome back to you too, Ela!!!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Go forth, Mack, and have a great holiday.

Glad to see you are not dead. Because that would just... suck. Like... really suck. Totally.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you're back.

Be OK.

[Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
But how do we know she isn't dead unless she show's up to the thingy?

Ha! Try and get around that mountain of logic!

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Jehovoid is a crazy loon. Hows that for walking around?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Raia! [Wave]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Good to see you back!!

And Mack, I am very glad you're not dead, I didn't mean to devote my post solely to welcoming Ela, it's very nice to see the both of you again!! [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Mack. I guess we did blame all that stuff on you...
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
UGH! STICK!

--|--

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. But Bela Lugosi is.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack,
I am so glad you are not dead. I wish I had the means to go to the dinner. I would. You should go, take a break, have some fun.

I am not really dead, either.

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
"not dead" strikes me as kind of a low standard for qualifying as "good news." [Smile]

It's an important one, though.

And, for the record, I am also glad that you're not dead, Mack.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very glad you're not dead! However, what's the point of not being dead if you don't get to live? Go have a fun life at Caleb's!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

mack, get thee on an airplane headed to-- um, where do Caleb and Kayla live again? [Blushing] -- anyway, one headed there! Now!

Oh, ok, you can wait till later in the week, I 'spose.

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I, for one, am glad you aren't dead. [Wink]
Me, too. I mean, then who would we have to blame everything on? [Wink]
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Go. And have fun. And say hi to everyone for us. [Smile]

Congrats on not being dead.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack! I hope this message isn't too late. I JUST got back home from a quickie trip to Washington DC.

I really hope you are still going to come to Caleb's. We're going to Kayla's for the meal, apparently, so that means you will not have to eat whatever our feverish brains can come up with at the last minute (assuming that Caleb would do like I would and not shop until Thursday.) [Big Grin]

Anyway, I hope you make it.

And if not, I'm blaming you for EVERYTHING!!!

PS: Glad you aren't dead. I wasn't here to worry about it, but I would've, had I known...

Hmm...ignorance really IS bliss!!!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
mackillian, for goodness sake, go have fun!

And stay not dead. Please.

[Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Centurion
Member # 3956

- posted      Profile for Centurion           Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, Mack! [Grumble]

You know, as well as I, that not being dead means more than breathing in and out.

If you want to remain 'not dead,' go forth and live. [Party]

Posts: 717 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
bump

(For some good advice from an old friend)

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry] [Smile] [Cry]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Centurion was before my time. [Frown] I never got to know him. (Though I see he made his one last post while I was here.)
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.