FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Should there be some kind of mean for landmark posts? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Should there be some kind of mean for landmark posts?
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and I'm using it in my special taco recipe.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
And you just joined mph on the NEVER-cooking-for-me list.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Do we need to ask if that's kosher?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Hey, I don't mix dairy with my secret meaty sauce.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a good thread. This is the kind of thread that drew me in when I first started lurking here. The sense that this is a community and not just any other forum attracted me. I didn't realize how much of that has been lost until I read this thread.

Or maybe it hasn't been lost, maybe I just don't notice it as much anymore.

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to bring the thread back on topic, but my landmarks have always been when I've actually had something to say. My first was when I was talking about being far away from my home, and planning on going back, and that it was going to be a life-changing experience for me. I skipped 2000, I had nothing to say. 3000 was the results of having come back, and how it really did change my life. 4000 was about my cousin's death. And 5000 was my sister's birthday, and my reflecting on how fast she grew up, and how I was not ready for it to be her bat mitzvah yet. [Smile]

I agree with you, PC, that landmarks should be something real, and not just "1000 posts!! Wooohooo!" I think you have a definite point. And I generally respect landmarks of the monumental kind a lot more, and their posters as well. Though not as a rule, I guess.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Well, I wrote this thread during the big landmark fad. Not that landmarks aren't important, but a lot of people were posting landmarks all the time. Quantity was job one (to make another FIF reference).

If anything, the fact that this is really no longer the case, one could say an improvement in the "community" as a whole has been achieved. I think the hatrack that we see now has a different set of problems. I would say that, rather than fluff being a huge distraction for hatrack, ego is now the reigning power and the "cause of all our problems."

Whatever that means.

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone has problems, whether or not they admit it.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.