FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Consoles Take a Dive

Author Topic: Consoles Take a Dive
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
PS2s and PSONEs losing ground

Xbox is slowly climbing to the top, while the market continues to fall. [Frown] Everything is going to be cheap at first, then REALLY expensive later. [Frown]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
GameCube and Xbox shipments are expected to increase this year
If the GameCube is doing so well, then why is the price falling so much?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Because even more people will buy it if the price is lowered.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Economies of scale, saxon, combined with the fact that Nintendo was selling the GC at a profit (tiny one) from it's inception. X-Box was a loss leader for Microsoft (and may or may not still be). You can drop rates more quickly when you are already making a profit.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and the fact that it's weak on 3rd-party game sales (everyone tends to discount the stellar 1st-party games), and some weird "kid-only" label it got from the start, it's been the underdog.

Yes, I am a GC owner.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pwiscombe
Member # 181

- posted      Profile for pwiscombe   Email pwiscombe         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I've actually read a number of articles both in gaming magazines and electronics industry magazines that predict the GameCube will be completely extinct within a year. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those articles handy, and none of them were in the past month.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.