FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm so angry I want to rip someone's head off!

Author Topic: I'm so angry I want to rip someone's head off!
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm cold. I'm sore. And I'm very very angry! [Mad]

Someone stole my bookbag.

I was playing paintball with some friends, and it barely reached 40 degrees today, and I was wet and very cold. So anyway, I leave a door of the car unlocked, so we can still get in, before going back to the house. I come back, and THREE doors are unlocked. So I'm thinking maybe I forgot they were unlocked. Well, I open the trunk and my purse is laying there with my wallet next to it, but my bookbag is gone! [Mad] They took my bookbag with clothes in it, but left my wallet! And I had just gotten a paycheck, so there was a lot in there.

I don't mind so much that my bag was stolen, since they left my wallet. The thing that gets me mad is that it had my FAVORITE sneakers, my FAVORITE jeans, my FAVORITE sweater, my FAVORITE vest... [Mad] [Cry]

The police "happened" to be in the neighborhood (yeah, nice place, huh?), so I asked them about it. The cop said "We can't take care of it right now. There's a guy in there with a gun." So I smiled innocently and left.

So now I'm planning my revenge. Next time, we're going to leave the car partway open as bait, and lie in wait surrounding the car. As soon as someone comes, we'll surround them and shoot them mercilessly! [Evil Laugh]

I am so angry! [Mad]

[ November 29, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I will not state the obvious.

*resists*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahck that is evil, I swear if I were down there I would kill them personally.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, leaving the door unlocked was kinda stupid. But my friends who live there do it all the time and don't have any trouble.

I actually cought some kids (like 10 or 11) smoking behing the bathrooms. I asked them about it, but I couldn't really trust them.

Grrr... [Mad]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so evil of them, I will kill them for you, wait I'm in the wrong state, GAH!
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

No, I want the pleasure of hunting them down and torturing them before I kill them personally.
[Mad]

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever since my ukelele was stolen from by boyfriend's car when I was 16, I always lock everything.
Thieves are much more likely to go to "nice" areas to rob, because people there have stuff worth stealing.

You may want to do a look around, they may have jettisoned your stuff on finding there was nothing pawnable.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Oh, I looked aroung all right. Didn't see it anywhere. I usually lock, but this time I didn't. Go figure. [Mad]

Heh...at least I have an excuse to go shopping! [Wink]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Oh yeah, and I had the One Ring in my pants pocket. [Frown]
My...Precious...gone... [Cry]

Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Rheagar was your precious?

[ November 29, 2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Black Mage ]

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

oh, yes...I still have him! [Big Grin] (((((Rhaegar))))) [Kiss]
But my other precious...gone... [Cry]

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy with the gun might've wanted a change of clothes to escape in? [Razz]

Sorry to hear about that.

Friend of mine went on her honeymoon in Hawaii and rented a convertible. Apparently her hotel must've been a regular stop on the theft market because it was slashed into THREE times during her honeymoon, whereby she kept going to the rental place and they would give her another convertible. Sadly, the first time her purse with passport, drivers license...everything was stolen. [Frown]

Edit: And I just remembered a worse story. Not to rain on your parade... My mom's wedding gifts were all stolen out of the back of their car. Someone loaded them in before they were ready to leave and by the time they got out to the car every single one was gone!

[ November 29, 2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Christy ]

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean shoot them with a paintball gun, right? If you do catch them make sure to get it on film.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Oh, that's aweful! I think I was pretty lucky, but I'm still angry...
And if I ever see anyone wearing that stuff...they're so dead...

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

P'ball gun, of course. [Wink]
(even if I am tempted... [Evil] )

Ha! That'll teach 'em not to steal!

And we would definately videotape it.

MWAHAHAHAHA!!! [Evil Laugh]

raphael
Member # 5870

- posted      Profile for raphael   Email raphael         Edit/Delete Post 
my car once got stolen. it was kinda old and brocken down but it was with me for 10 years. i would kill the robber if i ever got my hands on him.
not to mention about 20 of my favorite books in the trunk.if only i had a gun. (paintball...)

Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Heehee...I actually had keys to the car in my purse. They probably figure the car wasn't worth stealing. (1985 nissan stanza)
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
Which books?
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Once, when I was younger, at a Boy Scout Summer Camp, a bunch of vandals had had their little reign of terror for a while. Then they stole a counselor's car, parked it on a hill, and, accidentally, apparentley, didn't put on the parking brake. An oak finally stopped it.

See, the bad part was, I heard it 'cause I was nearby and came over there. Thus, I was blamed and almost got in deep before they caught the real folks.

So, if you see those vandals while on your quest to find the thief. . .

Remember, I pay my assassins well.

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ravenclaw
Member # 4377

- posted      Profile for ravenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
When I went to Six Flags earlier this summer I left my dorm key, school ID, and new watch in his bookbag which got stolen. It was a really cool watch too, but I felt like I couldn't complain because the poor boy's hearing aids were in that bag. I hope that person felt awful when he/she found hearing aids in the bag they stole. Allthough maybe it was a good thing, because not being able to hear really helped him learn sign language (we were in a program together in the summer to learn ASL before going to a deaf college). So maybe things happen for a reason. but it still sucks anyways [Frown]
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Poor precious.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwww, poor Eru!! I'm so sorry, I can't believe I missed this thread!! [Frown] (((((Eru)))))

I guess I was a little distracted last night, but I'm so sorry to hear that, I really am!!!

[Group Hug] Eru [Group Hug]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonepowell
Member # 1600

- posted      Profile for jasonepowell   Email jasonepowell         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly though, not to rain on anyones parade or anything, but if some missing clothes is the worst thing you have to complain about, I tend to think you're coming out on the plus side.

At least it wasn't the car (which it could have been).

Posts: 1281 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raphael
Member # 5870

- posted      Profile for raphael   Email raphael         Edit/Delete Post 
does that mean I could complain all I wish?
Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Mere room-temperature paintballs? Nah, bring a cooler and throw the balls in there while you wait. When a paintball is nice and frozen, it'll hurt like nothing else for two days when you hit someone with it.
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
While I agree with you jasonepowell (stolen clothes aren't the end of the world) I can completely emphasis with you being angry Eru.

Someone stole a dress of mine off my clothesline a couple of years ago. My clothesline! In my yard! And the only thing they took was my dress - it was a really nice dress, too. [Mad]

If I ever see anyone wearing the same dress I might go up and demand to know where they bought it from.
'What do you mean, show you my receipt?'
[Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

NOOOOOOO!!! I just realised my roleplaying dice were in that bag, too! [Wall Bash]

WheatPuppet- It was almost 40 degrees out, I think that'd get the paintballs pretty cold. [Wink]

Imogen- I'm angry 'cause they were my FAVORITE clothes, and pretty new, too. [Mad] If I ever see anyone wearing those clothes, they're gonna be missing a face! [Mad]

jasonepowell- It wouldn't have been too bad if it was the car.
quote:
They probably figure the car wasn't worth stealing. (1985 nissan stanza)

Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
That really, really---sucks.

I haven't had anything stolen from me since I was a kid. I can remember, too.

My little convertible thingy plastic, thing. It was one of those toys that you could collect and put on a plastic yellow chain. They were the shiznit, in like, 1987. If you were 6, that is. I got a little one that looked like a present, but if you flipped it one way, it was a kitty in a basket. I brought it to school and the teacher took it from me and told me I could come back for it at the end of the day. I forgot, but remembered the next day. Someone took the kitty and left the yellow chain. [Frown]

Two years later: I leave a little goldtone ring with a blue stone in my desk during recess. I was afraid I would lose it in the playground. I came back, and it was gone.

1995. I carry a purse. Said purse has a hacky-sack in it. It's pretty---pink, blue and purple and Starla can do a mean hacky. She leaves the purse in the classroom with her book bag and jacket, just like everyone else, before going outside for phys-ed. She comes back, and the hacky-sack is gone.

Since then, everything stays on me, under lockdown, or otherwise. All the said incidents happened in grade school (k-8). I actually have an idea of who stole my stuff. I think in the early years it was this b**** chrissy, who my mom saw steal stuff off a kid at a birthday party, and who also stole something of mine and kept it for a while, before putting it back in my desk, and then telling the teacher *I* stole it from her (this is the first time for landing in the principal's office for cursing, when I told her in front of the teacher to keep her f*** hands of my stuff). I wasn't a bad kid---I just didn't know it was a bad word (be careful what you say around your kids [No No] )

My hackysack was stolen by a group of girls who were once my "friends." I know it was them because the started making references to something in my purse that never saw the light of day when I was at school.

I'm real sorry, Eruve. A favorite shirt of my sister's was stolen out of her dresser in her dorm room a couple of years ago. I promise to beat the living hell out of the person I saw wearing that shirt (it came from a market in London, so I don't think it would very easily be found here).

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgoth
Member # 5961

- posted      Profile for Morgoth   Email Morgoth         Edit/Delete Post 
Stealing someone’s dice is just wrong, criminals have no respect anymore.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.