FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who else doesn't like regular soda? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who else doesn't like regular soda?
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
I

Yah!!! GO P_E_P_S_I!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAHHHHH YAHHHHHHHHH

THere needs to be a Pepsi basketball or hockey team- I would so be a huge fan-- WOOOO HOOO!
PPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSIIIIII!

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I am not that crazy about soda altogether - it's too sweet, plus, too many carbonated beverages over the long haul is bad for your bones. When I do drink soda, it's usuallydiet - I can't bring myself to ingest all that sugar in regular soda. Occasionally, I drink plain or lemon-lime seltzer, or mix it with juice.

Psst, rivka, I like rice cakes, too. [Wink]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Richard Berg, have you ever noticed how pervasive high fructose corn syrup IS? It's in everything. I started watching for it a couple of months ago, and was surprised what it was in. Like the whole wheat bread I used to buy. (I now buy a local stone ground wheat bread that doesn't have HFCS in it.) I think if you buy any prepared foods, it's nearly impossible to get away with *not* developing a taste for it.

I love Dr. Pepper, but discovered the raspberry iced tea at Mimi's in Denver a few weeks ago. Yum! It's the only kind I've had that isn't sweet. I have to figure out how to make it.

edit: Rivka, I like rice cakes too, though I *love* the cheddar flavor corn cakes. They make a good snack for the baby too. (I have to stop calling her a baby...)

[ December 02, 2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: jeniwren ]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobbyK
Member # 5970

- posted      Profile for BobbyK   Email BobbyK         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Speaking of food/drink ODing...I used to like icing until I had a snowman cupcake. Ummm, that's pretty self explainitory. I ate the head, and haven't been able to eat much icing since.
*dies* I almost spit my soda all over my clean work shirt. Thanks for the visual sweeite [Wink]
Ohhh, and u never answered my question on the other thread... what's your name a referrance to Eruve? Is that your name?

Posts: 213 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
It is very rare that I'll drink pop/soda be it diet or regular. Instead I'll opt for water or unsweetened Iced Tea.

All pop/soda tastes way too sweet/syrupy to me. Plus all that carbonation now gives me the hiccups almost immediately. [Smile]

My mother is addicted to diet coke. I swear that that is all I ever see her drink.

Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobbyK
Member # 5970

- posted      Profile for BobbyK   Email BobbyK         Edit/Delete Post 
I can relate to your mom traveler. Just hook up the IV

[Big Grin]

Posts: 213 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Try this;

Take one box of "Hot Tamalies" Put the entire contents of the box, not the box itself, in your mouth. As soon as you get it down chug a Dr. Pepper.

Be warned; It stings a little.

edit: to advoid the obvious sarcastic remark.

[ December 02, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Head Ditch Digger ]

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
jeniwren - Yup. It's disconcerting. All driven by manufacturing costs, which in turn are propped up by artificially high cane sugar prices in an attempt to help the corn industry. Not that sugar would be better, once they refined it to hell and back.

In sum, almost as hard to avoid as partially hydrogenated [vegetable] oil, which is unfortunately even worse for you.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.