FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My 10th Anniversary (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My 10th Anniversary
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I just realized something. That means that just about 10 years ago, dkw, you had a date that made you say, never again! or something to that effect.

Wow, what did the guy do? [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Or...he was just THAT GOOD!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Nah, not if she's stuck to the resolution for 10 years. "That good" might work for 4 or 5 years, but it takes "OH! THE HORROR!" to go for 10. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, wait a minute! I dated a girl who later became lesbian. Are you saying I was so bad I turned her off of MEN???!!!

Gee...you know, I'm feeling rather proud right now.

(actually, this happened to a friend of mine. Not me.

[ December 04, 2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

No, no, of course I'm not saying that!

You seem to be, though.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
He didn’t “get” Bloom County. The prospect of spending the rest of my life having to explain the humor of Opus every morning over breakfast sent me screaming for the door. That was twelve years ago. I dated a few times after that great, tragic breakup, but the magic was gone.

In retrospect, since Bloom County was canceled soon afterward, I should have married the guy.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

NO!!! You'd've run the risk of bringing new "just don't get it" people into the world! You would've had to work so hard to train your children just to laugh when you tickled them. Horrible thought!

Besides, if he doesn't "get" Bloom County, he might be so impaired as to laugh at inappropriate things. Like Family Circus. Or Nancy!

Oh the horror! [Angst] [Eek!] [Angst] [Eek!]

dkw
Member # 3264

::gasps::

You understand!

::cries on Bob’s shoulder::

For a more serious answer – no, there was no horrible date. I just realized that I was going out with people I wasn’t really interested in, and making compromises I didn’t want to make to maintain relationships that had no real chance, just because I felt like I had to be in a relationship. I decided I was acting desperate and pathetic and I didn’t like it. So I quit. I decided I wasn’t going to date again until I was happy being single.

That took maybe a year and a half. The catch was, it worked. I was happy being single. I made more friends, enjoyed hanging out with people regardless of their gender or marital status, and generally had a lot more fun than I’d ever had dating. So there never was any real reason to start dating again.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

That's actually quite inspiring. Plus, I know I feel like a better person (more human, more natural) when I'm not "LOOKING" for a relationship.
dkw
Member # 3264

The funny part is, almost everyone I tell that story to says some variation of, “You know, it’s when you’re happy being single and not looking that the perfect relationship will just happen.”

Then I tell them I’ve been happily single for 8 ½ years.

No one knows quite what to say to that.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
d00d. I totally forgot about this one:

quote:
bass-ackward scab shack
I miss Dante. He was my scab shack lover. [Frown]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw - Are you offering to lead men back to your scab shack for a drink?

If not, we may have found the root of the problem*.

(*not 'problem.' Singleness is a gift. You're just not using it properly like I would be, by snogging every attractive man within snogging distance.)

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Ever see Logan's Run? We could all just put ourselves on "the circuit!"

Uh Oh! My palm is glowing red.

And I don't even have one of those timer lights installed.

How embarassing.

(I guess this just became an onanism thread afterall.)

[Blushing]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.