FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You know you are a Jatraquero when... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You know you are a Jatraquero when...
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
We haven't had one of these in a while [Big Grin]

Farmgirl made me think of it.
quote:
Wow! I actually started a thread and made it to two pages! Does that make me a true Hatracker now?

Farmgirl

1) You don't have to ask you just know
2) You wear your "refresh" button out on your screen to see where the next post is
3) You obesses over the number of names that you have or don't have on your "Real Hatracker" list.
4) In BCS fashion, you begin adding "quality jatraquero" points for famous hatrackers you've met. Examples: Ralphie 200pts TomD 100 Celia60 50 OSC 10 KACard 150 Bob_Scopatz 95 Papa Moose 170
5) You have participated in no less than 4 homosexuality threads and the smiley argument and/or you have 200 posts on the hug thread and participated in the smiley argument

6)???? You tell me

[ December 02, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'm not one because I don't know what BCS means. But maybe I am one because I finally went to strongbad.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
All your best ideas that earn you acclaim with your friends ultimately come from Hatrack.

<-- seen as very clever recently. Thank you Hatrack!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
um, why am i more points than OSC?
[Razz]

[ December 02, 2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

BCS= Bowl Championship Series for college football. If a team beats a current top 10 football team then it gets get an extra bonus known as a "quality win" in the points cacluations to see where they rank.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

OSC just plain doesn't post enough. He isn't a true jatraquero. I bet he misses most of the in jokes that have developed on his forum even if he owns it. KACard does post more, and is one of our illustrious moderators so in Hatrack term's she's got a higher points rating.

Ceila you get your points for evilness alone
<grin>
AJ

[ December 02, 2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

pooka
Member # 5003

I will be a true hatracker when I know the difference between:

Storm Saxon and Saxon 75
Ralphie and Celia60
dkw and Danzig
Amka and Akma
fil and filletted
Pat and Head Ditch Digger
Kayla and katherina
AJ and ak
ak and anakata
Suadade and Satyagraha
Raia and Rivka
Pooka and Pepek

(just kidding!)

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

celia, edited appropriately, to protect your privacy. You have posted that AIM on hatrack before or used it in AIM chat otherwise I wouldn't have it though.

AJ

Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw is a nice person. I am not. [Smile]
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
9?) You stop obsessing about all the lists that don't include you.

I'll get there some day, I know I will!

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't see myself as being worth quite that many points, either, but [fodder for out-of-context thread] I'm extremely honored that Ralphie is the only person on top of me [/fodder for out-of-context thread].

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, AJ, she has, when posting IM transcriptions. That's how I have it too. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, i know, but not in a long, long time. i decided it would be easier on me to swap the forum to weaselsootmouth than to try swapping my friends to a reference they wouldn't get.

10) saxon75 will never be real.

have i? or have other people? edit: i only found 3 of me using it, and 2 of those were in 2002!)

[ December 02, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

At least Ralphie's female
<inserts Onanism comment here>

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

11) Kama isn't real, she's a computer in Poland
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka, I hope you know the difference between Pooka and Pepek.

Papa, Mamma won't be happy with that one, and since no one can get mad at Ralphie, you will be the one in trouble.

#10, you know the sexes of every one who posts in this thread.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
12) You've literally watched this thread go from zero to fourteen posts (yay refresh button)
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kayla and katherina

Oh my stars, Kayla would die if she read that.

12) You know what onanism means, why it's associated with a moose.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pat and Head Ditch Digger
Where I find this as a compliment, being confused with Patrick, I think he may find it offensive. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
d00d. Kristine got more points by meeting me than I did by meeting her.

That's whack*.

And there's no way I'm going to allow Squirrel to be pissed off at me for any reason. She's given birth to two children. I whine when I have to pass up dessert, much less human life forms from my nether regions.

(*by which I mean KICKIN RAD.)

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Gosh, Toni, I thought we generally limited our discussions of your anatomy to the PG-13 parts.

celia, if you want a fight, you just tell me when and where. I've got a whole case of whoop-ass right here with your name on it.

You know, I probably have one of the highest tribute thread-to-list inclusion ratios on the board.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I think the true Jatraquero/a, before clicking "add reply" takes a deep breath and thinks "What would Jatraq do?"
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you are really a jatraquero when you first have the thought "they shouldn't have posted that!" <laughs> It means you feel you own the place enough to know what is acceptable and unacceptable for someone else to say on hatrack. [ROFL]
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Gosh, Toni, I thought we generally limited our discussions of your anatomy to the PG-13 parts.

Yes, but if you laughed, or even smiled silently, it was a victory against the terrorists.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
-1) You own the rights to jatraqueros.com and jatraqueras.com. I expect royalties from everyone who posted in this thread! If not, I'll be on you like the RIAA on a 12-year-old girl.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Talk about ending a thread on an awkward post!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

- posted      Profile for Sarcasm           Edit/Delete Post 
13) You've been around long enough to complain about all n00bs and pine for the "good old days."
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desu
Member # 5941

- posted      Profile for Desu           Edit/Delete Post 
Must be someway for a new guy to bribe his way in. Then again what does it matter.
*pops Shroom and sits in a corner*
Bastards.

Posts: 139 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
14) You can not even visit Hatrack for weeks on end, and when you come back it's still the same old 'Rack.

(No Ralphie innuendo intended)

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
15) You don't know if your beliefs are a product of memes or memes are a product of you.
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Real jatraqueros have a rollover member number. Ya'll. ;-}).
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kama isn't real, she's a computer in Poland
program. Computer program. Sheesh. Get it right, people. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

16) You've been thumped, mooned and flipped off by Mackillian
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, she hands those things out like candy at Easter.

There's probably not a newbie in this joint, by that criteria.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
You dream about Jatraqueros you've never even met.

[Big Grin]

[ December 03, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what a Dobie is and even saw some of the originals.

You have a list of which Hatrack offspring will grow up to marry which other Hatrack offspring.

You have at least one set of chain mesh underwear.

You miss people that most posters here don't even remember.

You've sent an e-mail disappointed that the smilies didn't show up when you hit "post"

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I actually went through a time where I didn't know what jatraquero was supposed to mean. I still read the j as what English speakers would consider a /y/ sound. I asked what a meme was. I guess one many levels I'm still not- I lack the one ness of acrodecryption.

But I have gone through the realizing I can agree with people that I feel I have been flamed by. Yeah, I know I haven't ever really been flamed, or I'd have changed my ID and come back as a guy. Or something.

Also, I've never been Trogdor the Burninator.

saxon75
Member # 4589

I always knew you didn't approve of me, Bob. [Cry]
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
i am NOT on the list of 'quality jatraqueros'?!

[Mad] [Grumble] [Dont Know] [Wall Bash]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
I know what adobe is. Does that count?
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Odoul's the short quality jatraquero list was given strictly for EXAMPLES. If I had started putting in every jatraquero I wanted to, the list would have gone on for pages and defeated the point of the thread. I was hoping that the readers would want to pick their own quality jatrarqueros and award them points. You could then lobby for inclusion. As far as I'm concerned it is perfectly legit.

AJ

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Even "Real Hatrackers" still seem to mix me up with jeniwren. And few know my true name.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

You've always stood out in my mind, Jenny. Although it might just be the association with "sexy boots." Me, I'm doomed. Confusing me with Storm Saxon is a Hatrack meme at this point. (Or do I flatter myself?)
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::jumps up and down::
I know! I know!

I still end up calling you or thinking of you as Jenny, though.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
People are always IMing me asking me if I'm jeniwren. In the past I've even gotten emails about posts or other random stuff. I get all excited about getting Hatrack mail until I realize I have no idea what they're talking about.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
4) In BCS fashion, you begin adding "quality jatraquero" points for famous hatrackers you've met. Examples: Ralphie 200pts TomD 100 Celia60 50 OSC 10 KACard 150 Bob_Scopatz 95 Papa Moose 170
I'm not sure if Ralphie should be worth that many points. So many people have met her, her point value should be drastically lower. You shouldn't be worth that many points if your easy ... er, I mean easily met.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

It isn't the meeting them that causes the points, it is their integral value to the life of forum that gives them points values.

AJ

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Then why the frell is OSC so low? I mean, he has a whole "other side" dedicated to him whereas I only have a small fan base of newbies ready to jump me for the soul purpose of going up the chain in popularity.

One less T_Smith is an oppurtunity for a newbie to become famous.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
XIX) [or whatever number we are on.] You always post where you are going to be in the hopes of meeting up with another Jatraquero. (PS, I'll be in the bathroom in 5 minutes. Anyone else going to be there?)

XX) Your day automatically brightens when Bob makes a list, cause you know its going to be funny.

XXI) You know what God thinks, cause you've read the threads.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
17) Even if you're a non-Mormon, you know more about the Mormon religion than anyone else at your work/school (from reading it here).

I fall short on almost all the other points..... [Cry]

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.