FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 7-year old interrupts to correct Pres. Bush

Author Topic: 7-year old interrupts to correct Pres. Bush
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
It is a cute story but I wish he had been correcting his grammar instead of something quite so trivial!
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/12/03/bush.adoption.reut/index.html

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
For him to correct the president's grammar would have been seriously out of character for most kids that age -- grammar just isn't that important. Age, on the other hand, is serious business. Who cares if you say I'm 34 when I'm really 35 -- I'd take it as a compliment. My son, OTOH, would take it as a serious affront to his dignity if I even insinuated that he was 9 instead of 10. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I don't think that's really news worthy... If he had said, "No, Mr. President, the capital of Russia is Moscow, not Russiaville," which is what they seemed to want to make it out as, then that would be bigger.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"No, Mr. President, the capital of Russia is Moscow, not Russiaville
[ROFL]
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Potato, Potatoe.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Yeah. That's what the media really wants.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it seemed like an aesthetic piece designed to be heartwarming and cute, while letting you know (via propaganda) that Bush(43) is a child-friendly adult willing to listen to minorities (the child in the picture looks like a minority at least).
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are trying to link this with Dan Quayle, he got in trouble when he tried to correct an elementary schooler and got it wrong. I'm pretty sure most politicians now have that gaffe added to the bottom of their list the things not to do today on their bathroom mirrors.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
There are lots of things I don't do today on my bathroom mirror, but I don't know why I'd need to make a list of them.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Looking in my bathroom mirror is one of things I don't do. It's like looking at an anemic wookie.

[ December 03, 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
i think it's a cute story.
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Flame
Member # 5556

- posted      Profile for Celtic Flame   Email Celtic Flame         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, not many people get to interrupt a president half-way through his speech. [Smile]

Didn't Bush used to not know what the capital of Canada is? I thought I heard something like that once on "Talking to Americans" on CBC.

Posts: 149 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know the capital of canada either.
Montreal? TooManyFrenchSpeakingPeoplesville?

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Flame
Member # 5556

- posted      Profile for Celtic Flame   Email Celtic Flame         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the second one.
Posts: 149 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Ottawa
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.