FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Goodbye, Jennicam

Author Topic: Goodbye, Jennicam
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
So, what has it been now? 7ish years since she first put a camera up in her apartment and invited the world in? I remember seeing it on the news in the days before the internet was any part of my life and wondering who would pay to watch her? I mean, adding cinemax was about the same price and surely the nudity would be better in the form of a hot actress, and not over dial up.

She's an internet oddity. Not a camwhore (who'll take requests in exchange for buying them gifts, yeah, amazon wish lists), but a bizaare experiment. She was putting as much of her life out there to view as she could. She blogs now too, I don't recall if she did that when I first heard about her.

I wonder how much reality TV we should blame her for. Really, the last time I thought of her was when I saw previews for Big Brother.

quote:
JenniCam will be closing on 12/31/03. All existing member accounts will expire no later than 12/31/03.
It's so strange. I never watched, but I'm mourning the passing anyway.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too, celia. [Frown]
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'll miss her and the infamous coffee maker that used to be on the net (I remember seeing the auction for it a long time ago).

Thankfully I've still got the bofhcam to keep my spirits up.

Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]

Who?

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Never heard of this person...
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Me neither. I just went back in the threads to about page 80 and noticed that no one had responded to this thread of celias, so I decided to respond... out of the goodness of my heart.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.