FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Infirmiry (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hatrack Infirmiry
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Feeling icky or even just tired? Well, come on in. We've got plenty of soft beds to lie down in, some good food, and our lovely magic pills that cure all ills. No appointment neccessary, stay and chat as long as you want, too.

And no needles, no shots. Just lots of love to help you get better.

[ December 08, 2003, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: MaydayDesiax ]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emp
Member # 5955

- posted      Profile for Emp   Email Emp         Edit/Delete Post 
*lies down on soft bed*

*changes sign on door with red marker*

Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I got this lingering cough. I think my kids had the flu, so we haven't been out of the house since Thanksgiving. When I think we gave it to my inlaws. For the first few days I was trying to eat better, but I've decided to chuck it all and have some oreos. Though I am still taking vitamins more regularly than I normally do.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Correlle_Fyrebrand
Member # 5839

- posted      Profile for Correlle_Fyrebrand   Email Correlle_Fyrebrand         Edit/Delete Post 
*stumbles in, dragging a blanket and a winter Tigger* I don't feel like bouncin' anymore. *shakes head* My nose feels like the Denver Dam and it sounds like a foghorn when i blow it. Got something to make me and my tail better?
Posts: 23 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
::fixes beds for pooka and Correlle, and gives out medicine to Emp, pooka and Correlle::

(((Emp))
(((pooka)))
(((Correlle))

You three get better soon! Especially you, Correlle, seeing as I live with you

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
:: Falls out of the ceiling onto an empty like they do in boondock saints except without guns and rope ::
Uuuuggghhhh....why during finals week? Why?
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::pulls the covers up over Bernard and gives him some medicine:: [Kiss]
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too! I think I caught Drive By's sinus infection yesterday, only it went all through my body like some new biological weapon, and for a while there I didn't think either of us was going to make it. We both have survived so far, though.

I feel much better but am trying to gather enough energy to actually get dressed and go to the store to get some Ensure and Diet Coke. Drive By was sneezing constantly and felt terrible, but Dr. George came to see her again today and gave her a long acting anti-biotic shot, so hopefully she'll get well now too. If only there were human doctors as good as Dr. George who will come to your house to look after you.

<Makes some chicken soup for Bernard, Mayday, Corelle, Emp and pooka.>

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::pats ana kata's head:: We were worried about you! ::gives some medicine and a nice warm blanky::

[REALLY BAD PUN ALERT!]
I think Hatrack's a virus.

::sets off disinfecting the thread::

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Two weeks of a horrible case of bronchitis finally ended. I thought I was in the clear. Then, two days later, BAM! Now I've got the cold from hell. [Frown]

Warm wishes to all you other sick folk. Though, I don't think anyone wants my infected wishes right now.

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I got you infected wishes already [Big Grin]
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::scrubs Jeni's thread:: No more infected wishes, just nice clean ones. ::gives Jeni some medicine and a nice bowl of soup::
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
-_-;; (sighs) I spent wayy too much time online last night, and didn't get much sleep at all. This aggravated the icky-feeling I already had and now my asthma's like, "OH, I'm going to act up!" (makes me cough)

I duwanna get sick right before finals!! [Frown] But I don't have time to sleep today...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
::races in to room with themometers, zinc lozenges and hot chicken soup::

Ok, who's first? I made the soup myself and I swear it will cure all your ailes! [Wink]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::lays down Ryuko in a bed:: You can rest as long as you need to here. ::gives some medicine and chicken noodle soup::

::smiles at Valentine:: Ooh! A helper! More soup, anyone?

Valentine014
Member # 5981

Mayday, it looks like we have a long day ahead of us!
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::nods:: Long week, actually. Finals week. Everyone gets sick.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Hope you got a flu shot!
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a room with just a bunch of mats we can roll out and take a nap?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Annie, you've come to the right place, I'm sure Mayday and I can find you a soft place to put up your feet! How about some chamomile tea?

[ December 08, 2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't feel good. Wanna stay here and keep quiet for a time... *sigh*

[ December 08, 2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Bernard. [Frown]

Have some tea.

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

We've got plenty of beds, Annie and Anna! Take your pick, take a nap. We've got books and magazines in the far corner if you're bored, and we're catching up on our LotR before RotK, with FotR-EE on the tv. Yummy hotness from any random character cheers people up all the time.

Who wants something to drink? We've got tea, water, ginger ale and Sprite. And some yummy chicken broth if you're hungry.

[ December 08, 2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: MaydayDesiax ]

Annie
Member # 295

mmmm.. ginger ale....
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

sick fod is great. You got any toast and tapioca?
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::looks in the kitchen:: Yep. ::toast, pudding and ginger ale to Annie:: Anyone else?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take some of that tapioca, please.

I think my cold + sinusitis is on its way out (it had darn well better be), but I couldn't fall asleep last night. So now I'm tired and trying to kick my cold. [Razz]

Tapioca sounds like just the thing. Comfort foods are wonderful. *sighs happily*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::hands out tapioca pudding to rivka and anyone else who wants some:: Aye, comfort foods are... comforting. ::places the bouquet of flowers Bernard sent on the front desk:: So are cheery flowers!
ana kata
Member # 5666

I made some banana pudding. Anybody want some? Very easy on the tummy and extremely yummy.

Also there is hot chocolate here for those of you who want a warm drink that isn't tea.

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::hands ana kata cup of hot cocoa:: I've got some in reserve, when people think their stomach can handle something stronger than tea.
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have some of that hot chocolate.

This headache came out of nowhere! Ouch.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::gives Vana some asprin and hot chocolate:: Maybe you want a Coke? Caffiene is a pain-killer...
ana kata
Member # 5666

Thanks, Mayday! I'm so glad you made this place! I feel much better already!
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

ana kata: [Wink] If it hadn't been for you, the sick of Hatrack...
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, where were you guys when I was sick all last week.

I could use some hot chicken soup and a nap on a soft bed...

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, what a great thread!!

*dozes off indefinitely*

[Sleep]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::guides Ela to a bed and gives her some soup:: Y'all call out if you want something else.

::pats Raia's head and covers her with a blanket::

Correlle_Fyrebrand
Member # 5839

- posted      Profile for Correlle_Fyrebrand   Email Correlle_Fyrebrand         Edit/Delete Post 
*starts to snore* [Sleep]

*as the snoring continues, a tail rolls out from under the covers and rolls back in, rolls out, rolls back in* [Sleep]

*starts to mumble and then grins* I'm ORGANGE!

*then rolls over and the snoring continues, along with the tails rolling in and out* [Sleep]

Posts: 23 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

[Roll Eyes] She's talking in her sleep again... ::goes over to Correlle and whispers into her ear:: Keep this up, and I'll have to wake you up.

[note: She has actually SAID THAT. Well, it was "I'm GREEN!" And she's had dreams about flags. "Ryan, there's a flag over there... Ryan, there's a flag over there. RYAN!"]

Correlle_Fyrebrand
Member # 5839

[Grumble] *mumbles* I really am orange... [Sleep]
Annie
Member # 295

Whoa! RRR was just telling me about her roommate talking nonsense about an orange and green flag in her sleep!

EERIE!

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::kisses Correlle's forehead:: Nini, little sister.
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Whoa! RRR was just telling me about her roommate talking nonsense about an orange and green flag in her sleep!
::roommate sits up in bed after her alarm goes off::
roommate: it's like mexico.
::i pause for a second trying to come up with something to say::
me: what?
roommate: the colors. it's green and orange.
::i look around room. see nothing green and orange. laugh at her craziness::
::roommate goes back to sleep::

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

[ROFL] Correlle and I actually have conversations when she sleeps. And she dreams about games.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

I'm back! It seems we ran out of blankets and I went out to get some more-who ordered the down comforter?
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
::settles in for a nice nap::

I love naps. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*takes NyQuil*
*sleeps for three days straight*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emp
Member # 5955

- posted      Profile for Emp   Email Emp         Edit/Delete Post 
This is pretty much the hug thread, only this time everyone's in bed and eating Mayday's and Valentine's goodies.

o_O

Maybe it isn't that much like the hug thread...

Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

No, Emp, I'm sorry but there is no hugging aloud on this thread, unless of course you've had your flu shot! [No No]
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

Val, all hugs are sanitized in the infirmiry. [Kiss] Thanks for helping out. And this is a comfort thread, so in effect, yes, it's like the hug thread. [Wink]

[ December 08, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: MaydayDesiax ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.