FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » nyah nyah :-P

Author Topic: nyah nyah :-P
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
We saw Return of the King last night. It was awesome!

[Taunt]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah? Well, I saw it, like, months ago. So there.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

And by "saw it months ago," I really mean that I was in it. Um, yeah. I was in the movie.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen it every day for a long, long, time.

Yep, still there, sitting on my shelf.

Oh, you mean the movie.

nevermind.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

Lol, Dan.

No, really, we saw the movie -- even ask Mike. I'd prove it, but then you guys would lynch me for posting spoilers.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
<insert jealousy here>

So...who's Mike????

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
NO WAY!!!
How...
*is sooo jelous*
[Frown]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mephistopheles
Member # 3250

- posted      Profile for Mephistopheles           Edit/Delete Post 
an third party of some significance I would suspect.
Posts: 110 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
[insert spoiler here]
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Gah! Now you've ruined the movie for me! Next time, could you please say SPOILERS before you give away stuff like that? Sheesh!
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool! What were the circumstances by which you got to see it so early?

If I were you, I'd enjoy my status of "First Hatracker to See ROTK" by starting the first (of what will undoubtedly be many) spoiler filled review thread (appropriately labeled with the phrase "SPOILER ALERT" in the thread title, of course)

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
<spoiler>
Frodo goes to Mordor and distroys the ring.
</spoiler>

Now Martha, can you say that you saw it in theatres with FotR-EE and TTT-EE?
Satyagraha

[ December 09, 2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: BYuCnslr ]

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, he doesn't destroy the ring. PJ decided to leave it out because "he never liked that part".
[Grumble] [Wink]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I tell anyone who hasn't read the books that Sam has to throw Frodo in, because Frodo can't destroy it himself, so he asks Sam to do it. It's grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
martha, where did you see it?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
It never occured to me that Peter Jackson is a PJ. How unfortunate. I shall have to call him Pajamas from now on.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

Trying to answer all these eager questions...

Mike is my brother. His Hatrack name is Mike. He's been here longer than I have.

Our dad is on New Line Cinema's VIP list because he founded the Tolkien Society of America when he was in high school. He visited JRRT a couple of times, so back when FotR came out, he did a few interviews for magazines and newspapers. He gets our names on the list for the local press screening each year.

We saw it at the Loew's on Boston Common. When you arrive at the cineplex, it's sort of like figuring out where to go for Platform Nine And A Half. You don't have to buy a ticket, but you have to wait in line at the ticket counter to ask where you're supposed to go, because there are no signs.

Maybe I will post a spoiler thread. Hmmm. I've never done that before. Must think about what to write...

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
<goes back in time>

<founds Tolkien society of the Universe>

<interviews JRRT>

<bars Martha and Mike from preview>
[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*is green with envy*
Noemon
Member # 1115

That's really cool about your dad having met Tolkein. Does he have any stories about him? Does he by any chance have pictures of Tolkein crushing his head? I understand that that is something done by all the best authors.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

<goes back in time>

<gets head crushed by Shakespeare>

<has tapestry made of the event>

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

[ROFL]
Noemon
Member # 1115

You guys should see the metope frieze of Homer trying to crush Bob's head! It's hilarious--he's can't see what he's doing, of course, and actually he's crushing some poor Athenian's head while Bob stands about a foot and a half to his right, laughing.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(dies laughing)

(hates martha)

Oh, well, a guy from my school got to see it last week because his uncle and aunt work for the college that the producer graduated from. Stupid connections... [Grumble]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, PJ also could mean "Pararescue Jumpers" the Air Forces special forces teams.

"So that others may live"

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
<-jealous [Wink]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.