FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 99 Reasons Why Bush Sucks (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 99 Reasons Why Bush Sucks
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
BOy, what isn't Dubya's fault, Jeffrey?

By all means, speak loudly and widely like this. Only makes it more likely that Dubya will win, really. For which I'd be grateful. Better than the pack of Democrats, but worse than many.

quote:
6. Where's Osama?
Yeah. We haven't caught the guy who's got decades of experience running from superpowers yet, and he might be dead. You bastard, Dubya! If you wanted to and if you weren't an idiot, we'dve caught him!

quote:
13. 400 billion dollar defense budget.
Because, obviously, the time for robust, powerful, well-funded militaries is past.

quote:
15. Tax "reform" benefitting the top 2% income bracket.
Among others. And, after all, the rich people's money really belongs to us, so they should quit trying to hold onto their earned money (like everyone else does).

quote:
17. Didn't win the popular vote.
Doesn't matter.

quote:
18. Didn't really win the electoral vote. Thanks, U.S. Supreme Court.
Did I miss where we get to pick and choose which judicial decisions we get to adhere to? Kinda hurts the activist courts, doesn't it?

quote:
19. Hundreds of dead U.S. troops since the "end of combat operations" in Iraq.

20. $180+ million campaign war chest, all the better to buy the next election with.

21. Professed support for constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

No one expected casualties to end, unless you're an idiot.

Democrats obviously don't take money. Soft money, anyone?

Approximately half of Americans oppose homosexual civil union.

quote:
25. Repeated attempts to legalize oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

26. Son of George Bush, Sr.

And, after all, that's just Evul.

He is also Evul.

quote:
28. Pushes "free trade" agreements enabling loss of U.S. jobs, exploitation of third world workers.
Free trade prevents war, and in the long-term helps foreign nations as well as us. Those workers are exploited largely because that's the stage their economy and nation is in, economically. Read some history.

quote:
31. "Collateral damage."
...is much, much less than any other military on Earth would be able to cause, and our military makes more efforts than any other in history to minimize it. ANd is more successful.

quote:
37. Opposition to University of Michigan's attempts to retain affirmative action in admissions policies.
Darn him for opposing racism.

quote:
40. Massive unemployment.
Would've happened if your boy were elected, too.

And it's not "massive", by any stretch of the imagination.

quote:
44. Copped out on the Kyoto Protocol on global warming.
Actually the USA Senate did that years ago, by a 95-0 vote. Let's not talk about that.

quote:
50. Lied that Saddam Hussein and Al Quaeda had something to do with one another.
First let's not talk about the Al Qaeda member who was given medical care in Iraq. Let's not also talk about rewards to the families of suicide bombers in Israel (which is, obviously, the tip of the iceberg).

quote:
54. Ignores Chinese abuses in Tibet.
ANyone wanna recap what Clinton did for the Tibetans? Jack shit.

quote:
64. Went to England to get his picture taken with the queen in order to appear more presidential during 2004 campaign.

65. Protectionist policies for big-bucks buddies in agricultural, steel, and textile industries.

No other politicians, of course, do such things. Heaven forbid. Certainly not liberal Democrats.

He revoked the steel tarrifs. And weren't you folks just a second ago whining about endorsing free-trade?

quote:
68. Refusal to condemn Israel's murder of American peace activist Rachel Corrie.
Wasn't murder.

quote:
70. Support for development of "non-lethal" weapons systems.
How dare he! Weapons that DON'T kill?!

quote:
72. Flew to Iraq to eat turkey on Thanksgiving.

73. Didn't bother to visit wounded soldiers in hospitals on Thanksgiving.

74. Thanksgiving visit forced soldiers to eat turkey "dinner" at 7:00 am local time.

75. Didn't bother to visit the families of slain soldiers.

76. Hasn't attended any soldiers' funerals.

77. Taxpayers' tab for 2-hour Baghdad visit: $1 million.

It was a good thing.

Security was a problem already, and if he did you'd be whining, "Exploiting wounded soldiers for political gain!"

I'm sure they were pissed.

See above.

There are over 250 million people living in America. One million dollars is less than a drop in the bucket.

quote:
81. General Tommy Franks: "Martial law could be declared" if there's another 9/11 style attack in U.S.
Let's rule out options we don't like before things happen. Smart.

quote:
83. Ignored warnings from outgoing Clinton administration officials about threats posed by Al Queda.
Yeah...and those CLinton boys did so much to thwart Al Qaeda. Those cruise missiles were sure scary!

quote:
84. Project for a New American Century: Group planned Iraq attack before Bush was even elected.

85. Support for limitations on pain and suffering, medical malpractice damage awards by courts.

It was a wise thing to do, and long overdue.

Malpractice damage awards are part of what's crippling the American health care system. Look at the insurance a doctor pays.

quote:
89. Supports nuclear power.
Among the cleanest and safest power sources available to humanity.

quote:
97. None of the Babes [Against Bush], though employed, can afford health care.
Get a better job, babies. It's been that way for a long time. Blame yourself before you blame the Grand High Poobah, and maybe things will change.
----
Gee whiz, that was fun. Now how many of those were the throwaway issues, Jeffrey, that you wouldn't have admitted were throwaway issues if they weren't brought up as such?

I'm guessin' all of `em.

And you're unemployed. Big deal. Since you talk about it so often and thump your chest with it, I'm going to ask some personal questions.

1. How long have you been unemployed?

2. Under what circumstances did you become unemployed?

3. How seriously are you searching for new employment?

4. And why is it Bush's fault? Isn't it at least partially your fault for not taking better care of yourself?

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerryst316
Member # 5054

- posted      Profile for Jerryst316   Email Jerryst316         Edit/Delete Post 
What Im wondering is...does Babes Against Bush mean that none of them are lesbians?

Note: Oh come on someone had to say it.

Posts: 107 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, it wasn't Bush's primary reason although it should have been and it has been my primary reason since the whole Iraq issue was brought up. Furthermore, even if the WMD issue was Bush's primary reason AND it was false then the war was still justified in order to end genocide. The fact that the US might have supported Hussein under previous administrations and that there are other atrocities going on in the world does not prove that we shouldn't stop genocide when we can. If you believe that we should have intervened in Europe in 1933, but don't think that we shouldn't have ended the genocide in Iraq then you're a hypocrite. If you don't believe we should have intervened in Europe in 1933 then you disgust me and I question whether or not you possess any humanity.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerryst316
Member # 5054

- posted      Profile for Jerryst316   Email Jerryst316         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you believe that we should have intervened in Europe in 1933, but don't think that we shouldn't have ended the genocide in Iraq then you're a hypocrite. If you don't believe we should have intervened in Europe in 1933 then you disgust me and I question whether or not you possess any humanity.
Did we intervene in Europe in 1933? LOL, oh I forgot, republicans tend to turn history there way. Silly me, and here I was thinking that it wasnt until 1941.

I think the point that has been said is that Bush lied to us. End of story. It doenst matter whether the war is justified or not, he lied to us about the real reasons for going. Sound familiar? "It doesnt matter that he got a blowjob, he lied to us on national tv."

Finally, I have to say that there is in fact nothing more prevalent in America today, than the divide between Democrat and Republican, Liberal and Conservative, and so on. Only when we all wake up and decide that we will not be blinded by ignorance, not be cheated by mediocrity, and not throw away our ability to reason, will we truly be the democracy that I think we can be. Until then, it is quite clear that nothing will be accomplished and we will continue our downward spiral.

[ December 16, 2003, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Jerryst316 ]

Posts: 107 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

- posted      Profile for Promethius           Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry-
I do not think that peoples problem with Clinton was the whole blow job issue in and of itself. Although I think most people feel that cheating on your wife is wrong and the president probably shouldnt do it. I think the problem people have with Clinton was the fact that he lied under oath, which is something any person other than the president would be locked in jail for. I do not feel that Clinton should have been put in that situation in the first place, but once he was put in that situation he should not have lied. What kind of example does that set for the American people?

Now I know everyone who likes Clinton and dislikes Bush is going to say, "Bush lied to us about WMD, lying about a blow job is trivial compared to the WMD Bush lied to us about" I think it is possible that Bush was wrong, and I will admit that he may have lied about it, it is entirely possible(Although I like to think it is not true). The fact of the matter remains we do not know, and we may never know. It really depends on whether or not you trust the man and what he says. Personally he appears to be very earnest and genuine so I trust him and I do not think it is just a show he is putting on, others obviously do not feel the same way. Personally, I think it is more likely faulty intelligence. Either way I am glad about Saddams capture, as I think most people are. Lets hope that something good can come of this whether we like Bush or not. Now that we are involved, hopefully we can turn it into a step in the right direction if we are not already headed that way.

Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There are over 250 million people living in America. One million dollars is less than a drop in the bucket.

I disagree. But the real question is whether the trip was worth it. Did it accomplish an important goal? If so, what goal?

And to me, the answer is yes, it was worthwhile. The president showed that Iraq is more secure than the media are making it look. He visited the troops, which is always a good morale booster. And he got to see what real soldiers look like -- a new learning experience for him.

It probably costs us $1 Million a day to keep the president here in the States too. So the real question is how much extra does it cost when he goes somewhere. And that's probably not that much money.

Now, when he does stupid stuff that's obviously a publicity stunt (flying onto the deck of an aircraft carrier that isn't anywhere near the fighting...bogus!)

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Bob,

When I'm not severely irritated by harping bimbos like Babes Against Dubya, I agree:)

A million isn't a drop in the bucket. But things like flying jets, transporting the President and all his numerous entourages, security, etc...those things cost money. The Executive branch doesn't move to another continent and hemisphere into a nation still in combat on the cheap.

Such was my point, but I acknowledge yours as correct.

The air craft carrier "landing"...obviously a PR stunt. But if we're going to start complaining about such things, well then I haven't been hearing nearly enough complaining about any President. And I wonder what the cost was for Hillary's trip to Afghanistan, anyway?

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry, the point is that we should have. We didn't and 12 million were murdered in concentration camps, over 20 millions Russians died defending their homeland, millions of German soldiers, hundreds of thousands of Allied soldiers, and then millions more civilians in bombings and such. Saddam Hussein had been doing the same thing for all the time he was in power. He invaded nations without anything resembling just cause, he has used chemical weapons in warfare, he has used chemical weapons to exterminate his own people, he has committed genocide, he has restricted every right found in our laws and constitution, everything we find good he was violated. Despite all this there are millions of Americans who opposed removing him from power. That fact above all others disgusts me. Evil can only triumph when good men do nothing.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
3. How seriously are you searching for new employment?
Rakeesh, i think that is the most important part of your post. The answer from most people that gripe about not having work right now? They dont search very hard.
I got into this very same discussion with some guy on the 'rack a while back. Im disgusted wtih people who say "Bush caused a depression and now Im out of work. I blame Bush! I blame Bush!" and think that sending out a few resume's qualifies as 'looking for work'.
Sorry, clicking around monster.com doesnt qualify as looking for work. The problem is that these people insist that after having been downsized or laid off or flat out fired from a job, they want the same type of job at the same type of company for comparable pay. It isnt to be had ladies and gentlemen, and it has nothing to do with Bush. Youve been spat out by the system. It doesnt need you anymore. Now youre back to square one, youre older, youre asking for more money, and you dont want to work as much. So you dont get work.
I want this to be very clear: NO ONE is above cleaning toilets. If you think you are, thats fine, see if your pride will pay bills.
I know I got branded "a self satisifed idiot" last time I talked about this, but i dont give a rat's ass. I guarantee I could get another job in 72 hours or less. Because im not scared of getting dirty, and im not scared of learning something new. And because Ive done it. repeatedly. Cleaning toilets wont make enough to pay your bills? Get two jobs cleaning toilets. Still not enough? Get three.
I've held Two full time jobs and three part time jobs AT THE SAME TIME. i HAD TO. i didnt get handouts or crawl to the unemployment line. I was unemployed for less than a week.
My father and I got spat out of the system at the same time. Lost my comfy little job whered id been forever and he lost his. Had to go back to the bottom adn start over. I didnt walk into places and throw a resume' on the table and ask for what i had before. LIFE DOESNT WORK THAT WAY. Swallow your pride and prove yourself again.
I started cleaning toilets for six bucks an hour and eventually worked my way up to being the general manager.
All while holding other jobs.
Did I sleep much? No. Did I see friends or loved ones much? No. But i WAS ABLE to take care of loved ones and live up to my financial responsibilities to them because i didnt have pride. Now ive gotten to a point where ive been able to cut back to one good job that i had to work my way up to, and now i can spend time with those loved ones.

[ December 16, 2003, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: odouls268 ]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It doenst matter whether the war is justified or not, he lied to us about the real reasons for going. Sound familiar? "It doesnt matter that he got a blowjob, he lied to us on national tv."

You know, when you make statements like that, you really come across as one of those people that choose to dislike Bush illogically, and then look for reasons to justify that postion. It's really rather pathetic. I'm not saying you ARE one of those people, but that comes across that way pretty clearly.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the 'retrofitting' approach.

"I hate Bush I hate Bush I hate Bush. I cant wait for tomorrow's paper so I can make up reasons why. Maybe the paper will be delivered by busty ladies dressed up like a half naked Monica Lewinsky to lend some credibility to my argument."

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin_
Member # 10333

- posted      Profile for Jeffrey Getzin_   Email Jeffrey Getzin_         Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious: has anybody changed his or her opinion on Bush since the last time I posted here?

Jeff

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious: have you learned to discuss such topics politely since the last time you posted here? I don't want to waste my time if you haven't.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin_
Member # 10333

- posted      Profile for Jeffrey Getzin_   Email Jeffrey Getzin_         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I was unclear. Has anybody rational changed his or her opinion on Bush since the last time I posted here?

Jeff

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

[Smile] Dagonee is irrational, then? Fascinating!
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
[Smile] Dagonee is irrational, then? Fascinating!

The world has just turned inside out! [Big Grin]
Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin_
Member # 10333

Rakeesh,

Well, can he be represented by a fraction? I say no, sir.

Jeff

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
SO the answer is no - you still insist that anyone who doesn't agree with your views on this must be defective.

Grow the hell up.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
89. Supports nuclear power.
Now I don't like Bush in the slightest, but to me this is a good thing.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
SO the answer is no - you still insist that anyone who doesn't agree with your views on this must be defective.

Grow the hell up.

Owned.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
1.) Cause he puts up with liberal partisan hacks
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey Getzin_:
Sorry, I was unclear. Has anybody rational changed his or her opinion on Bush since the last time I posted here?

Jeff

Wow. I think you just said more about yourself than you did about Dag. If anything, he's too rational.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin_
Member # 10333

Interesting. Still supporting him. [Smile]

Jeff

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rakeesh,

Well, can he be represented by a fraction? I say no, sir.

Jeff

Maybe he's an integer. Did you ever think of that?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag=Dag/1, though.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but pi = pi/1 too.

Jeffrey,
I am an outspoken critic of President Bush and his administration and I think you are very out of line here and doing more damage than good.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:
Yes, but pi = pi/1 too.

I was responding jokingly to Jon Boy. Any integer can be represented by a fraction.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, I was just throwing out a quick one and didn't pick up on that.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
*Still irrational*

see: Jim-Me (note the presence of "e", an irrational number, in my screen name)

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeffrey, what is your point? Do you expect to get real answers if you are going to be a jerk to people who give you the courtesy of a response?
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay:
1.) Cause he puts up with liberal partisan hacks

No doubt! He needs to put all the complainers in Guantanamo with all the other Enemies of Freedom.

If he's not going to use the no-due-process parts of Patriot II, why did he bother pushing it through congress?

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just curious: has anybody changed his or her opinion on Bush since the last time I posted here?

Jeff

No, but I do fear the partisan hatred more now than ever.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I haven't changed my mind on Bush.

However, I read back through this thread, and aside from the troll and other arguing, I must admit: I truly enjoyed a little nostalgia. More specifically, I loved Odouls268's post on this page. After looking at the date, 2003, I understood why. I distinctly remember reading that post, back then, and I agreed with much of it.

In December 2003, well, that was a while ago. [Smile] I worked in retail at Circuit City for almost three years, and I knew my abilities and skills were being wasted. However, without another job possibility, it was difficult to move forward. To make the story short, I stuck with it until I found my present job. Obviously, I don't have much in common with Odouls268, but I found some similarities between his story and mine. Judging from what he wrote, he's probably the stronger person between us. At any rate, have I said it was a post worth reading again, yet? [Smile]

Oh, btw, it was good to remember newfoundlogic again. [Smile]

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tstorm:

Oh, btw, it was good to remember newfoundlogic again. [Smile]

I was just thinking that.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jim-Me:
*Still irrational*

see: Jim-Me (note the presence of "e", an irrational number, in my screen name)

And not only that, but you're subtracting it from Jim, which has an "i" in it! You're both imaginary AND irrational!
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Wow, I thought the likes of Bean Counter were reserved for the right.I always felt a little uncomfortable politically because every time I read something blatantly offensive it was from someone from my side of the political spectrum.

But alas, Jeff came and proved both sides produce that...ick. Thank you Jeff.

You exemplify rationality while Dagonee is just an emotional troll. [Hail]

By the way, are you going to answer Rakeesh?

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
HUZZAH RAKEESH!

uh Jeff...

You know what, I don't love prez bush, but I somehow doubt gore would have us anywhere else.

and unemployment is primarily voluntary! There is always a job out there. You may not enjoy it, you may not love it, it may not engage you, but DO IT!

Nikola Tesla, the most intelligent man this side of ever worked manual labor for several years between establishing some of the most influential inventions that have ever been dreamed up. And don't blame Bush, get some impetus in your life.

And you cannot maintain I am an irrational person. I am a bloody paragon of logic. People hate me because I am so damn logical.

By the way, I am a libertarian. not republican, or democrat. I am heavy liberal, but believe in personal responsibility.

I will not apologize for any of this, so don't even think about it.

And just for the fun of it, I will sum up what these BABs are saying...

Oh shucks, the american people voted for this guy, but we don’t like him, so lets be angry!

We don’t like war, and he possessed Cheney and Halliburton and Rumsfeld, which is why he is evil, also, he can’t find Osama, even though the war involves trying to stop him… oops. He also is supporting the military that is keeping us safe! So evil. Bad bad bad. Lets go move to Tehran, where we don’t have any rights! Also, I didn’t vote for him, and neither did the popular portion of America, but lets ignore the fact the founding fathers established the system so that we wouldn’t have a democratic dictatorship. Also, we don’t like it when the courts disagree with us, even though he won the electoral college, but he didn’t REALLY… even though he did. And those american troops were so obviously forced to fight in Iraq, I mean, none of them actually volunteered to join the military… except all of them. By the way, did you know he does not approve of gay marriage??? Lets make it so that he espouses only OUR beliefs, and ignores the beliefs or the rest of america! By the way, he founded FOX news… out of his own pocket. Really. Its truthy! And deregulation… so mean. we should control everything! Worked for Mussolini! Also, he is trying to wean us off middle eastern oil. What a jerk. His family too… wow, my family is perfect, no weird people at all. Also, free trade… what did I say about Mussolini??? And he causes so much damage… lets not notice the fact that the US has rockets that can hit within six inches of a target after being fired out of a jet… Also, investigating peace activists who are violently going after those who disagree with them…bad.

I cant even continue…. Sorry.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
You honestly, seriously believe that if Gore had been president, we would currently be engaged in a war with Iraq?

And a majority of the people voted for Gore, not Bush.

We'll never truly know what would have happened if Gore had taken the office, but I'm willing to bet everything I have that we wouldn't be in a war right now, and we'd be well on our way to being free of foreign oil, which is more than the bone Bush is trying to throw us.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
We'll never truly know what would have happened if Gore had taken the office, but I'm willing to bet everything I have that we wouldn't be in a war right now, and we'd be well on our way to being free of foreign oil, which is more than the bone Bush is trying to throw us.

I bet we'd be involved in a war in Afghanistan, at least. If not, I imagine our hypothetical world would have had scores more Bali/Madrid-esque terrorist attacks, each killing several hundred people. And I imagine the current job/employment outlook would be significantly worse. And we still wouldn't have universal health care.

Like you said, we'll never really know. It's easier to imagine the green grass, but there's bound to be some brown, too.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Funny:
And not only that, but you're subtracting it from Jim, which has an "i" in it! You're both imaginary AND irrational!

Oh!

*vanishes in a puff of logic*

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, that's a pretty padded list.

I should make padded lists too.

764. Nook-YEW-lear!!!

765. Drove a car drunk into a hedge!!! when he was like 22

768. Once tried to go out a locked door LOL!!!

769. I don't like him!!!!!!!!!!

770. Is the devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

771. By which I mean satan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueWizard
Member # 9389

- posted      Profile for BlueWizard   Email BlueWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
772. $8 Billion fushed down the toilet, or more likely passed into the hands of the very terrorist we are trying to stop.

Whose brilliant idea was it to send $12 billion in hard currency to Iraq to be handed out freely like Holloween candy?

It is likely that all that money was wasted, simply lost to the criminal elements of Iraq, however, only $8 billion can't be accounted for.

Think of the school we could have built, the diseases we could have cured, the hungry we could have feed?

My problem isn't so much that the money was there, but that it was handed out with no consideration to where it went. $12 billion dollars and likely a substantial protion of it is being spent to fund the war against us and make the Iraq wealthy that much richer. It's a disgrace I say, a disgrace.

This it typical of this administration continue lack of accountability for their actions. Billions more have been paid out to unscrupulous contractors most of whom are buddies of the administration.

Personally, I believe that goverment needs their own police force. By that I mean, someone needs to have absolute crimial police authority over the government.

I propose that we give the General Accounting Office police authority to arrest, and procecute anyone in the government who commits a crime. The next time the Military spends $600 on an ashtray or starts drawing up detailed blueprints on an Oreo cookie, the GAO can swoop in and give them a swift kick in the gonads.

Just one man's opinion.

Steve/BlueWizard

Posts: 803 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SenojRetep:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:

I bet we'd be involved in a war in Afghanistan, at least. If not, I imagine our hypothetical world would have had scores more Bali/Madrid-esque terrorist attacks, each killing several hundred people. And I imagine the current job/employment outlook would be significantly worse. And we still wouldn't have universal health care.

Like you said, we'll never really know. It's easier to imagine the green grass, but there's bound to be some brown, too.

My bad, I agree, we would probably be engaged in a war in Afghanistan, though unlike Bush, I'm betting Gore would have left enough troops in Afghanistan to actually secure the country, instead of ensuring poppy production was higher than ever, which creates the world's heroin and funds terrorists, and ensuring that most of the country was back in the hands of the warlords except for small heavily armed pockets of Allied controlled territory.

As for your other two points, I don't know where you get that. But again, I'd be willing to bet that the overall number of innocents killed would be drastically lower worldwide, from terrorism, than it is now. And the economy one day is going to have to pay for Bush's exorbitant spending. That must also be taken into account. It's not just about what our present state is, it's about the future problems we're going to have cleaning up today's messes.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BrianM:
99 is an obvious parallel to Martin Luther.

Not so much. There were only 95 theses. Of course, it's a little late now to correct the mistake.

Source: Link

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.