FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What the hell is Firefly

Author Topic: What the hell is Firefly
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it might be in questionable taste to post this in the thread from which it spawned but..
What in the flying hell is Firefly? I tell ya, im without cable for a year or so, and suddenly Im all out of touch. Carson doesnt do TRL anymore, Apparantly Michael Jackson has done some fairly illegal things, and now this firefly business?!

On a related note, I IMDBed this Firefly, and found that this Morena Baccarin chick is a smokin hottie. Google Images here i come!
[Razz]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
The DVD set is out

Just came out last week.

rent or buy, Good stuff.

I'm sure you've read about it?

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Yeah, i did. this thread is just a reason to declare Morena Baccarin a smokin hottie before someone else beat me to it.

I just hope she's not like, 16 or something. Oh well, I stand by it. H O T

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

In the dvd set they talk about an upcoming "Feature".... [Big Grin]

Hopefully we shall see a movie in the future.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

An exhaustive Google Image search has revealed two things: Judging by her pics, 1.definitely not 16. 2. Definitely gorgeous and not 16.
raventh1
Member # 3750

Do you know what "Companion" means? If not, you REALLY need to get the dvds [Big Grin]
raventh1
Member # 3750

All of that aside, Firefly is one of the most rounded series I have seen.

It has everything there is in life, and you get to actually know why the characters do what they do.

Very well done, I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! I have to say that this was one of the best things Joss Whedon ever did. It was simply outstanding, in that the characters were real, and had interesting reactions. So sad they canned it. Horrrible example of not giving a show a chance to find its audience, because it was too expensive.

Same thing happened to Farscape. Didn't have a big enough audience to justify its FX budget or some such. TV execs are a bunch of wankers.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::pats mark::

It really is a good show. I would have the dvd by now if not for the idiotic idea i had to put it on my christmas list.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is a good thread to point out a few things I found out from an IMDB search for Firfly, Jewel Staite (Kaywinnit Lee 'Kaylee' Frye) is also a smokin' Hottie, is not 16 (is currently 21 to be precise), she also played the girl who was basically the mechanic on the show Space cases, so this is her second show about space (okay that may mean nothing to everyone else here, but I used to watch that show), and it listed her as being the same the character in a "Firefly"
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Carson doesn't do TRL anymore?! The world must be coming to an end!
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.