FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My own Thoughts

Author Topic: My own Thoughts
Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
As I watched Rotk some major thoughts hit me. Seriously someone was tossing around these new toys called thoughts during the film and a couple of the really big squishy wet ones smacked me in the nose.

As the pitifully small contigent of Gondor's soldiers ride toward the orc in fested city, The song of Pippen struck me to the core. It made an already powerfull scene even more dramatic. Admit it you tough guys. How many of You got misty eyed there. and by the way while the charge was courageous, it would have been more courageous if Vorimir had stood up to his father.

As the riders of Rohan charged into the orc army, My first and strongest thought was "Now thats courage." When they charged the Oliphants, "Whoah nellie, Thats courage."

Something these movies did not do well enough was show the change and the greatness of the spirits of Pippen and Merry. The scouring of the shire was what i wanted to see the most. I wanted to see the three greatest hobbits get their due. To me Frodo was nothing without the strength of Sam.

I also remember wanting to puke everytime they cut to a scene with Arowyn.

Sam rescue of Frodo in the tower was a lot more dramatic in the book, as was their trek across mordor to doom. Remember them traveling with an orc company in orc armor.

All in all just like the books, I liked fotr least, Loved the battles in TT, and revelled in the Rotk.

Unfortunately unlike the books, i was left with a feeling of imcompletness.

The movies showed to a certain extent the greatness of the human spirit and the human condition while also showing its deprevation well.
It just did not portray it as well as i would have liked.

However I expect that from a movie.
It is not a book.
while it may give you visual images to go along with the mental pictures you developed from reading the books, it can never fullfill the totality of the imagination that a book brings out.

Thats why i will surely enjoy the "Ender" movie, but on some level it will be a disappointment.

[Hat]

Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Arowyn the love child of Eowyn and Arwen?
Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
Why not oh yeah thats how ya spell it

like i said brain turning to mush.

Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the scene with Denethor and Faramir. That was my favorite scene in the movie.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER!!

Is that enough?

I liked the part when Denethor fell flaming off a cliff. [Cool]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yebor, for what it's worth, I understand how you feel. I'm just too lazy/uneloquent to put it down in words like that. Thanks.

That said, I need to go see the darned movie again. There was too much to digest at once. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.