FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Favorite SINGLE line from ROTK (don't read if you haven't seen) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite SINGLE line from ROTK (don't read if you haven't seen)
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
No one has mentioned Legolas' classic: "A diversion!" [Smile] You gotta love Captain Obvious.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*snort* I actually giggled when I saw him say that the first time. There are also several deliberate closeups on one of his 5 meaningful looks earlier in the movie that were so funny and out of place that I laughed out loud. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
"Hmm....I'm sensing something!" (Orlando Bloom in the Primetime bit on ROTK, not from the movie.)
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
"Since you are robbed of Boromir, I will do what I can in his stead. If I should return, think better of me, Father."

"Three days' ride, as the Nazgul flies, and you'd better hope we don't have one of those on our tail."

"You smoke too much, Pip."

"Lord Denethor is Boromir's father. It would be very unwise to bring him news of his beloved sons death. Best not to speak of it. And don't mention Frodo either, or the ring. Or Aragorn, say nothing of him. In fact, its best if you don't speak at all, Peregrin Took."

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
pooka- I love that line, I love Denethor's death because of that line.

The whole exchange between Gandalf and Pippin before the battle, when they are in their rooms.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Shigosei, I totally caught that during that special. It made me feel better to realize that's he's very aware of his meaningful looks and overabundance of paraphrase dialogue. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl, I haven't yet seen, but I have read the series dozens of times.

From the book, apropos for an OSC site: "The Shadow that bred them can only mock, it cannot make real new things of its own."

From the book, a favorite of mine: "For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach."

And from what I've heard of the movie, who could resist Gimli's "Certain death, small chance of success . . . what are we waitin' for?" Sure to become a classic! [Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
I also bought the soundtrack on the strenght on Pippin's voice. And speaking of voices, I will be playing Javert in a production of Les Miserables!
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Ryan!! It's so good to see you here!! Congrats on your role! That's awesome. [Smile]
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

Thanks Narn. I was in that show too. I was Aslan. And now i need to stop talking about myself before my head explodes.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys have named all my favorites. Here are a few honorable mentions:

Eomer (speaking of Merry): I do not doubt his heart, only the reach of his arm.

Pippin (upon finding out he will become a guard of the Citadel): So I imagine this is just a ceremonial position.

[ January 03, 2004, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Beren One Hand ]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

The thing Aragorn sings at the end when translated means. " I am come out of the Great Sea here to middle earth. Here I will abide, I and my heirs until the undoing of the world."
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.