FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It Looks Good on Paper

Author Topic: It Looks Good on Paper
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
What can you think of that sounds good initially, but didn't work out quite the way you thought?

When we brought Ryan home, every single diaper had poop in it. All the books, though, said that within a few times that would drop down to as low as one poop every couple of days.

Oh Joy! [Big Grin]

It didn't occur to me that the total volume of poop would remain the same. It only comes every few days, but when it happens, it's ... substantial shall we say. [Eek!]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I was visiting a friend when her new baby went from the “poop in every diaper” to the “save it up for three days” phase. Actually, I was holding the baby when the first three day cycle ended. You have my sympathy.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Looked good: Last night we were invited to visit one of my wife's co-workers for a holiday party. She is a fun person, and my wife talks about her often so I thought it would be fun.

It was fun, but....

The Reality: This woman and her children must have had over 3,500 Santa's in her house. They ranged from small thimbles to six foot tall inflatables. Many danced or sang or jumped or moved in some unnatural fashion. She had half a dozen christmas trees (full size) in her house. Underneath one was several collections, in various sizes, of the entire cast of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, including all the unwanted toys.

I am a big Santa person, but this was just scarey.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Going home for Christmas!

Going home always sounds fun, but then you get there and get stuck in the political family-ping-pong. It never turns out the way we intend.

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, going home for Christmas, when you can see all your old friends, party, and catch up.

...and then you actually get there. And you realize that all of your "friends" are caught up in this stupid "scene" crap. They all talk about you behind your back and call you a slut.

So you spend all day sitting in your house watching talk shows and playing on the Internet.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
That is so true!! I'll turn that around and say having people COME home for the holidays...

My brother and sister-in-law moved up here a few months ago. Well, that looked good on paper, but the political family ping-pong is just that much closer and more CONSTANT than it ever was before. *sigh*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.