FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Alright...confess. Last minute shopper??

Author Topic: Alright...confess. Last minute shopper??
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
Once again I've managed to leave the majority of my shopping for xmas until the last moment.

Every year I tell myself that I won't do this again next year but I end up doing it anyways.

I'm not sure why. [Dont Know] I don't procrastinate most things in my life. **SIGH** Oh well. So I'll be off to brave the crowds tonight.

Any others out there???

Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going shopping tomorrow.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight after work I have to buy my husband's gift, and some more wrapping materials. *sigh*

Of course, I only finally decided what to get for him this weekend...

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll shop for presents for about five people later today.

It's not entirely neglectful. It's just that I got a couple presents for people, and they sat in my living room for so long, and I wanted them...

Okay, I admit it. I opened the CDs. I've been listening to Simon and Garfunkel and to the LOTR soundtrack all weekend. It's wonderful.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emp
Member # 5955

- posted      Profile for Emp   Email Emp         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting earrings tonight for my grandmother. I'm so enormously frightened.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I just have a couple odds and ends to pick up tonight and tomorrow afternoon.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I got all of my Chrismas shopping done before Thanksgiving this year. It was really a first for me; often I'm so last minute in my Christmas shopping that I'm actually finishing it up on Dec. 26th.

Getting everything out of the way early didn't save me from the hoardes of last minute shoppers. I went out over lunch today to see if I could find a Jimi Hendrix CD, The Cry of Love, and a book, Work is Hell, just for myself (I've got Cry of Love on vinyl, and my copy of Work is Hell seems to be lost), and was startled by the orgiastic frenzy of commerce going on around me. It was actually just a little bit scary. Well, the parking lots were, anyway.

I didn't find either the CD or the book. Apparently Cry of Love is out of print. I can get it used for $50, but that's quite a bit more than I'm willing to pay. My parents have their turntable hooked up to thier computer, so next time I'm at their house I'll just burn myself a copy of the album.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have three people left to buy for: my sister, her husband, and my step-mother. And I have no idea what to get the.

On the up side, we haven't decided WHEN the family get-together for that side of the family will be (when we exchange gifts), so I might be able to hold off until the After-Christmas sales!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
I might go shopping xmas eve [Smile]

[ December 22, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: suntranafs ]

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
The strange truth of the matter is that we all have been conditioned to procrastinate our Christmas shopping. Think about it, when are the best deals? Why would you shop before Thanksgiving for Christmas? The closer to Christmas the better the deals.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a minute. Christmas is near? Yipes!!!

Never mind. Had me goin' there for a minute. It ain't even the 24th yet

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I still have to get stuff for the brother and sister... But that's it. Then, I'm cheaping up the Christmas this year, what with being a poor college student.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
OK all you people who THINK you are finished shopping...

remember all those good friends, coworkers, family, bosses, teachers etc who said repeatedly, "You don't have to get me anything." or "No gifts this year."

They lied.

If it was your "signifgant other" or someone you want to make your "signifigant other"--they lied, in spades.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bn
Member # 5526

- posted      Profile for bn   Email bn         Edit/Delete Post 
Guilty as charged.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't the best deals the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas? So it seems more likely that you should either do all your shopping a month early, or a year early, right?

edit: to remove an either and emphasize should.

[ December 23, 2003, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
I still have to do my chrismas shopping, all of it, I'm usually better about that, but this year I just didn't get anything for anyone yet, it just doesn't seem like christmas yet to me [Dont Know] I guess I had better go ahead and get some of that shopping done soon.
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my last odds and ends last night! I even found a couple extra really cool things for my brother and my hubby (and a present for myself too). [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I did all of my shopping for my family online this year (with some help finding deals from Bernard), and split the cost with my little brother on Mom and Dad's gifts.

And I've been working holiday relief at a department store, working in coats and women's dresses. I find it rather funny, the men who come in after years and years of marriage, when you ask them what their wife likes, they give you blank looks. While I had someone come in yesterday who knew what his girlfriend liked, but needed help picking out an outfit. [Dont Know]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Still have one more person to go...
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I just have to get a second present for my dad, who is absolutely impossible to buy for. My brother and I split on Age of Mythology, but I'd sort of like to get something else too, because we got my mom three things. I fully intend to enter the stores tomorrow and find the "perfect" gift. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
I still haven't gotten my father's present, nor have I mailed Human's or Anne Kates silly present. And I'm still working frantically to finish the real part of anne kate's present....gah! I even started early. I started present work in....September!
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Procrastination
Member # 4821

- posted      Profile for Procrastination           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew there was something I've been meaning to do...
Posts: 75 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ravenclaw
Member # 4377

- posted      Profile for ravenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't have any money until today, so my friends are getting late presents.... but I didn't see any of them today and half are miles away so that's ok right? [No No]
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.