FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shake, Rattle & Roll in SoCal

Author Topic: Shake, Rattle & Roll in SoCal
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Any other Californians feel the earthquake about 10 minutes ago? Measured a 6.5. I'm probably around 200 miles away, and the chair I was sitting in at the time rolled back about 6 inches. Phones are still down, but power and cable (including modem) remained on. Can anyone in the central-coast area please check in? littlemissattitude, you probably wouldn't be too far -- all ok there?

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emp
Member # 5955

- posted      Profile for Emp   Email Emp         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I didn't feel a thing. However, there are reasons I might not have felt it (though I do live in Riverside County), so I'm not the best of help.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I got nothing down here in El Segundo.

[Edit: I just called my Mom up in Carmel Valley (about 100 miles or so from the epicenter) and apparently they felt it pretty well up there, but everything is OK.]

[ December 22, 2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for asking, Pop. Everything's fine here, as far as I know.

I did feel the quake, although I didn't know it at the time. I was getting ready to get in the bath (I took my time getting up and around this morning, as I'm avoiding going to the laundromat), and walking across the floor my legs suddenly got shaky. Figured I was just hungry. Went ahead and took my bath, and when I was finished I turned on MSNBC, and discovered that the quake had happened right about that time, so I'm sure that's what it was. I've been through enough quakes that I should have known what it was. If it had been hunger shakes, they wouldn't have gone immediately away as they did.

Just saw a picture on the TV of some damage in Paso Robles, roof off a collapsed brick (probably unreinforced) building, with bricks having smashed in three or four cars.

I'm a bit worried about my aunt who lives in San Luis Obispo, but I hesitate to call right now, as I'll just worry more if I can't get through. Probably try tonight.

Take care of yourself and the rest of the Mooses.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Duck and cover! No shakes up here in the SF Bay Area....
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird. I'm down here in LA, and if anything happened, I slept through it.

Doesn't look like any of my more precariously balanced crap fell over...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.