FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I know I'm not the only one...

Author Topic: I know I'm not the only one...
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
...who hasn't seen RotK yet.

Fess up.

Don't let me feel so alone.

I'm going to break ranks tomorrow anyway, I hope, and go see it -- and if not then, definitely by the weekend after that, but for now I feel like the only one in the country.

Has nobody else savored the feeling of anticipation? I've followed this movie for three years now, scrabbling for posters and soundtracks and sneaks since January, and now that it's here I don't want the feeling to go away -- I mean, in my lifetime, how many films will match this trilogy? Hell, look at the past forty years of film-making, and the best they have to offer is, what, Star Wars? And what's left to see, Cheaper By the Dozen?

God, I hate Ashton Kushter...

No, I'm going to enjoy torturing myself. All the way to the movie theater tomorrow morning. And I can look down on all you masses with no self-control as a result of my pain.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it.

But I just saw The Two Towers - EE on a projection screen in the living room, and played ROTK on XBox so now I have to go see it. It's a moral imperative.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
You're right about the anticipation Lalo. I miss it now that it's gone. I'm wondering what to look forward to now. [Dont Know]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
For it to come out on video.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
For me, it's a toss-up between the EE and The Hobbit. [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

But for now, to kill time, I'm rereading The Silmarillion. [Smile]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it yet! I waited to see the other two as well until I could see them with my family over Christmas break. We're planning on going next Tuesday though, so it's not too far away...right? [Wink]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
butterfly
Member # 5898

- posted      Profile for butterfly   Email butterfly         Edit/Delete Post 
I admit I haven't seen ROTK, though I probably would've by now except that I haven't seen the first two, Fellowship of the Ring and the Two Towers, yet.
Posts: 91 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Holy Moly!

You have a lot to look forward to then! [Smile]

Frisco, the Hobbit is a long shot, but I'll start looking forward to that. Thanks for the new ray of hope. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

It's not as long a shot as, say, a Silmarillion miniseries. [Razz]
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Big Grin] Yeah. I suppose you're right.
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
*hasn't seen it*
*has tickets for tomorrow* [Smile]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand*

Not my fault, though. It only starts on January 1st.

[ December 27, 2003, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bn
Member # 5526

- posted      Profile for bn   Email bn         Edit/Delete Post 
I havn't seen it, and wont do until at least after January 14th. I don't know if I can stand the spoiler on every corner [Big Grin]
Posts: 18 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it yet, Lalo... it came out about four hours after I flew for Israel, when all of my friends went to see it! *pout* [Grumble]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not seeing it till Wenchcon.

Eddie, you only hate Ashton Kutcher 'cause you're jealous. [Wink]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it yet. I was going to go yesterday, but... anyone who lives in Salt Lake will understand why I didn't. Anyway, I like the series, and I liked the books, but I'm not as fanatically obsessed as some people I know. I still haven't seen the EE versions of the films. For some reason, the weasely way they were released (regular edition first, then extended edition some months later, in an obvious attempt, especially with FOTR, to trick those who haven't done enough research into buying both) makes me suspect that when they're all done there will be some manner of uber-special trilogy release, and I'm patient enough to wait just to be sure. Anyway, I haven't seen it. I'm sure I'll get to the theatre sometime in the next few months, after all the rabid crowds are gone, and I'll enjoy it when I see it. But until then, I'm not losing sleep.

Kill Bill vol. 2, on the other hand... sign me up for opening night on that one. [Smile]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Jealous? Of what? I'm kind of jealous that he sleeps with Demi Moore, but if I wanted a 40 year old woman made of plastic, I'd go buy a classic Barbie.

AK's the worst example of a manufactured celebrity. He's a godawful actor, he's not funny, he's not entertaining, and he's famous solely for his political relationship with Demi Moore (notice how the two got into the headlines for no other reason than their willingness to screw each other).

I can't wait to see him, and Hillary Duff, and every other manufactured celebrity represented in that idiotic Cheaper By The Dozen die in a fiery death.

That goes for Steve Martin, too -- I inexplicably like the guy, and think he has the potential to be extremely funny, but thus far he's given me nothing but disappointing slapstick performance after disappointing slapstick performance. He's a white Eddie Murphy.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I just like him 'cause he looks nice, Eddie. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Sigh.

You know, with an eyes-closed (or eyes-open regarding his controversial "prettiness") policy like that, you're likely to end up voting Republican someday...

mackillian
Member # 586

Pffft. I'd date YOU before I voted Republican.
Lalo
Member # 3772

Well, yes.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing it today! (No money before Christmas...)
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it either! Only because I haven't had time [Frown] Hopefully my friend will want to see it when he visits...

quote:
some manner of uber-special trilogy release
I'm expecting one too but my sister has pursuaded me to chip in to buy the regular DVDs as they come out...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Eddie, I guess that is a small taste of why folks wait for the wedding night. Be strong and keep those eyelids together!
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Two things I'm looking foward to now that RotK is out...well three...

1)RotK-EE, and possibly the trilogy EE showing
2)Narnia the live action movie: http://www.narnia.com
3)The Lord of the Rings Musical in London...though I know not when I'd be able to see it: http://lordoftheringsmusical.com/

Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it, and have no particular interest in doing so. I didn't see the second movie, and I fell asleep during the first one. I've tried to read the books several times, and failed at that, too.

Sorry -- J.R.R. and I seem to operate in very different worlds, and P. J. couldn't bridge the gap.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rudolph
Member # 3236

- posted      Profile for Rudolph           Edit/Delete Post 
pAPA MOOSE YOU JUST NEED TO TRY HARDER

ARE YOU A BOY OR a girl?

Posts: 217 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Me & mack, we're just like that. *crossed fingers

WenchCon for us both.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[Big Grin]
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen any of them. I'm waiting for them to come out on DVD, and then I'll buy them and watch them all in one sitting. I figure, they made them all at once, I'll watch them all at once. [Razz]

Besides, it's just too hard to go to the theater with the kiddies. I take them once a year, right between their birthdays.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Papa, I am with you on the books. I keep trying to want to read them, but I can't make myself. However, I did get excited for the movies, and I very much enjoyed the first two (ROTK on Tuesday! [Big Grin] ). I guess PJ got through to me at least! [Smile]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I had a hard time getting into the books. TIP: skip the Hobbit. I think I would have gotten through LotR the FIRST time if I hadn't been stopped by the Hobbit 4 times!! [Smile] (I love the Hobbit now though, don't worry folks!)
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*dances a happy dance*

I finally saw RotK yesterday!! YAY!!! [The Wave]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I have not seen RotK yet.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I asked this question in another thread, how many times have some of you already seen it? (I'm curious because I heard of people on this board seeing TTT upwards of 15 times in the theater and it baffles me!)

I'm finally going to see it for the second time today! Yeehee!

Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Twice. Certainly a third time with friends here in Dallas, and a fourth time in January.

Maybe another time by myself somewhere in there. Maybe.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StigLarson
Member # 5579

- posted      Profile for StigLarson           Edit/Delete Post 
I refuse to see any of the Lord of the Rings trilogy until the as yet unplanned Disney "song and dance" version becomes freely available on Betamax.
Posts: 85 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.