FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The 'Guess how stupid I am' thread

Author Topic: The 'Guess how stupid I am' thread
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
So for Christmas, I get an Ipod. My uncle gets me to download the Da Vinci code to listen to during my commute time.

I start out on chapter one, then Iisten to another chapter. At the end of that chapter I hear, "This concludes The Da Vinci Code, thank you for listening."

I then realize that I had forgotten to turn off the 'Shuffle' feature and Murphy's law took hold, shuffling the book to the very last chapter.

[Laugh] Pat

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Heehee
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Doh, now how can you read the rest of the book when you know the great mystery of the DaVinci Code--

Raphael did it.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan! Spoiler warnings, please!
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Obvious
Member # 4486

- posted      Profile for Captain Obvious           Edit/Delete Post 
Pat's pretty stupid.
Posts: 74 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Smoooooooooooooth, real smooth.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

--I--
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reading The Da Vinci code currently. I lost my bookmark and had to start over, but at least I knew not to read the last chapter first.

[Big Grin]

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Bob: read the post directly above your last post.
Pat
Member # 879

The good thing is that it was the epilogue. The reason why I kept listening and didn't really pay attention is that in the chapter, the main character walks through the streets of Paris, a place i lived for a year and loved every second of it. I was so interested in the detail, I didn't realize I had jumped to the ending.

Spoiler....
About all I learned is that he finds the resting place of Mary Magdelene's bones in The Louvre. Whatever that means, however, I'm not sure.

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Well.... *Spoils entire book for Pat, the incompetent one*
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
I gave that book to my sister for christmas, and since I'm not very good at wrapping presents, I ended up wrapping it upside-down. Luckily, my sister isn't as stupid as Pat and she quickly sorted the matter out.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
jehovoid: [ROFL]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rate it 8.2 on the stupidity meter.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you rate the act of announcing and describing your stupidity in a public forum filled with wise-cracking evil people?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, I don't know if she has stuck by it but Mack gave up "the finger" when you were gone. The anatomy discussion
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
That is funny. I haven't done anything nearly so foolish with my own iPod... yet. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I got an iPod too! [Big Grin]

Sorry...please continue. [Smile]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.