FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hi, I'm not at Wenchcon

Author Topic: Hi, I'm not at Wenchcon
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, I'm at home studying this weekend. [Frown]

But I'm still trying to feel somewhat validated as a human being...

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
What? No Hobbes to give you tiger kisses? [Confused]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm here hanging out with my friends. (is alone) So lonely.

(OK, OK, I lied, I have tons of plans this weekend. But I want to be at Wenchcon!!! [Cry] )

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I know! *sigh* But at least I have my trusty mini-Hobbes to keep me company.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

Psssssssssssst! Annie! Post in the brand-spankin'-new validation thread! [Wink]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
She went to bed. Everyone went to bed! There's no one awake! I'm all alone. ::searches for something interesting on TV::
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

Aww... and me going to all that effort, even making a new thread. Oh, well. (((Annie))) (((RRR for being bored)))
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi... um.. yeah... I am not at Wenchcon either. Oh well. It's okay. Really... honest... oh who am I kidding. [Cry]
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Grrr stupid Atlantic ocean and stupider work grrrrrrrrr [Mad]
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not, either, although an unused plane ticket says it should have been otherwise. [Frown] (And my heart aches at mack's photos) My cousin, a Florida physician, died in his callroom after staffing a long heart operation. He was a year older than I (about 34 or 35). I'll link to an obituary when it comes out and tell you all more about him -- he was a pretty extraordinary guy, and he lived a remarkable life.

I stayed to be around for the funeral this weekend, but apparerntly it won't be until his sister can get in from England on Tuesday. Still, I would've had to cancel anyway, as we now have 2 sets of 24-week twins with some 27-weekers likely to arrive any minute and yet more special needs kids. All vacations were cancelled -- the NICU census went from 11 to 21 in a couple days, and we are way shortstaffed.

Anyway, I'm not there. I'm sad. I've been called in for a 24-hr shift today, but I'm going to try to access Olivia's trusty cellphone when things slow down.

I miss you guys!

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I don't want to work.

I don't want to be sad.

I want to trade jokes and play with figurines, and watch Jenny prance happily in the sexy boots, and hide from mack's camera. And give Olivia a big hug, and see all of you, and listent o you laughing.

Have fun for me. Send me your good vibes!

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry you didn't get to come, Claudia. I'm about to leave for there right now. (Wish I could've gotten off work a day earlier...but that's small potatoes.)
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Thanks, Maccabeus. Say "hi" for me, and travel safely.
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss the hatrackers too, even if I never met one.
[Cry]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
This must be the self-pity "not havin' fun at the party because of real life crap" thread.

I feel I belong.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I belong here. Exaaaaams.

[Cry]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in San Francisco working. We are sort of short on electricians, so I'm actually working for a living today, being an electrician. It's kind of fun, but very tiring! I came up to my room to rest for a little bit. Office jobs are so cushy! <laughs> Blue collar workers never have to go to the gym!

They are taking good care of me here at the hotel, though. They found me a room here for a very good rate, and they are letting me eat free in the employee's cafeteria, when I can find something I can eat.

I miss you guys a lot, though. Have fun for me. <<<<<hugs for everyone>>>>> I did my hair Tinuviel style yesterday, in honor of Wenchcon. I never did find the right diaphanous gown to wear, though. <grins> It may have looked a little odd at the jobsite, anyway.

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not at wenchcon either-having been presented with a choice between that and going on a speech retreat in kentucky to write speeches, then going to a tournament in arkansas. My speech is still being worked on, and I didn't break in debate, but I'm not regreting my choice, it's too much fun doing all this stuff. And there was SNOW in Kentucky!!!!!

*waves at anne kate* Hi! I tried to call, but apparently my phone has exhausted itself trying to get a signal in kentucky (no one could get a signal at jason's mom's house)

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
<Waves back at Anna.> I sure miss you! But I'm back on aim now from my hotel in San Francisco, so I'll talk to you when you get back to school. <<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>> Have fun at the debate thing. Hit one out of the park! [Smile]
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not at wenchcon either...and it's annoying because it's just full of jatraqueros that I haven't met yet!! But I'm glad to see Nathan wearing his jacket (though I'm missing the tights too Lalo. [Smile] He promised!!!)

[Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
How not to go to Wenchcon

Step one, have other plans that make it financially impossible.

Step two, offer Hobbes a lift to catch the caravan headed through your part of the country.

Step thee, get directions from mapquest and throw them away. (I didn’t do that, but I may as well have. They included a street that doesn’t exist.) After wandering around for a while and not finding it, consult your atlas, find intersection of street you’re on and street you need to be on. Proceed to intersection only to discover that it, too, does not exist. Give Hobbes the atlas. Once he’s gotten you onto the correct street, proceed to make him laugh so hard that neither one of you pays any attention to anything on the street and magically find your way onto the interstate. (If you can manage to accomplish this by making a few remarks about one of your fellow grad students that will surely ruin your reputation with your peers when Hobbes repeats it to him, all the better.)

Step four, turn around and basically start over since you have no idea what exit you need.

Step five, turn into a random plaza at Hobbes’ request, ta-da! It’s the right one!

(Steps 3-5 should take twice the time the directions say plus 30 minutes.)

Step six, order a margarita. 3 hours in the car with Hobbes insulting you can only be cured by tequila.

Step seven, wait for the rest of the party (Jenny Gardener, kwsni!, psychotriad, who didn't make the pic). Eat lovely dinner. Try not to embarrass yourself too much. Let psychotriad borrow camera. Woo hoo!.

Step eight, give the party so much junk that you’re practically a participant.

Step nine, drive off very quickly so as not to be seduced into going. Discover that you cannot get onto the loop in the direction you need to. Go though town instead (but not lost this time). Get home and entertain company like you were supposed to be doing all evening. [Big Grin]

[ January 17, 2004, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Step thee, get directions!

Verily!

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

*sending good vibes, feelin' the mack-luv
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
So THAT'S where you are, Toretha.
<--has been moving into her dorm

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
Bah! I'll have my own Wenchcon!

With Blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the Wenchcon! [Big Grin]

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anybody prank called them yet?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's difficult to prank-call when they didn't answer the phone. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat prolly has caller ID on her phone.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, mayday, I've been over here. ANd I bet we got WAAAAY better food than you've been getting. Jason's mom baked us six whole cakes. SIX! *bounces happily*
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Not only am I not there-despite initial plans to go and time off gotten-I went to the first one, and so have some inkling what I'm missing.

*sigh* At least I can take some snobby pleasure in being old school, and part of the WenchCon that made this WenchCon such a draw. Sorry for your loss, Doc [Frown] Have a blast at WenchCon all who are there for this year's-I know I did [Smile]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs CT* I hope your 24-hour shift was all right... take care of you, okay?

*waves at non-Wenchcon-attending Jatraqueros*

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
CT, so sorry about your cousin. That's really sad. [Frown]

And I was really looking forward to meeting you and others who didn't make it. Hope we will have another opportunity.

And I didn't even get to talk to you on the phone, CT, cause you had to run off to take care of patients.

Jeff, if I had known you weren't coming we would have offered to stop by in the car and pick you up. It would have been crowded...Make that REALLY crowded...but it would have been worth it for an opportunity to meet you and have you share in the fun.

**Ela**

[ January 21, 2004, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::hugs CT and jeff::

We missed you guys.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.