FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OK Kat, it’s time

Author Topic: OK Kat, it’s time
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we all agree, you must return to your original user name. Javert Hugo is long past expired and it’s time to return to the username that made you great. Now either write the landmark or switch back without it.

It’s time Kat.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Seconded.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Aye.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] This weekend. I swear.

I know. I'm both lazy and reluctant, but I'll do it.

What, y'all don't like Hugo? Of course, this completely blows my cover for the only other username I still possessed.

The syllables do look rather harsh, although it is a softer name if said with a French accent.

I don't do a French accent (per the agreement), so I admit this name does not feel like me.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, Kat, but Hugo was the name of a character in a game I played long ago that I mercilessly killed over and over again. He eventually got stuck in a VooDoo Priest's cage and never saw the light of day again.

Penelope and Hugo, I believe it was called. Spent many hours killing him as a youngin.

::tie vines to brigde::
*you tied the vines to bridge, bridge is passable*
::walk here (middle of bridge)::
::untie vines::
*you untied the vines and fell to your death*

And that is what I think of the name of Hugo.

::looks around::

Right...

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm writing it AS I TYPE.

Well, not exactly as I type. I'm writing this post as I type. But I will be writing it as soon as I post this. Except it's almost lunch, and since I am still catching up on sleep (eleven hours last night - I woke at nine!), I didn't eat breakfast and am very, very hungry.

Very hungry. Maybe pizza?

[ January 23, 2004, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Javert Hugo ]

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think kat has forgotten her password.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I find the name distasteful, though I have not read Hugo, because I don't think the character Javert is the one he would have attached to his own name if he only could.

I thought you were a saucy little upstart until I realized it was you. Now I think you are a saucy oldbie. [Kiss]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Javert Hugo is Kat?

...and here I was wondering where Kat had gone... [Frown]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

*grins* You missed me?

----

It's Javert Hugo because Javert, and forgive me Javert, was taken. [Smile]

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
She is definitely saucy, whatever else she may be. But Javert Hugo does not seem to fit.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She is definitely saucy, whatever else she may be. But Javert Hugo does not seem to fit.
As soon as you said saucy I started thinking about that sauce they pour on burritos at Cafe Rio...Maybe that belongs in The Random Thread.
Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

Or the out-of-context one.

[ January 23, 2004, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Javert Hugo ]

Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a perfectly normal male fantasy to have your naked body covered in delicious hot sauce isn't it?
Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I'm really digging myself a nice little hole here, wouldn't you say?

[ January 23, 2004, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Liquor and Fireworks ]

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

It's a perfectly normal male fantasy to have your naked body covered in delicious hot sauce isn't it?

Well, not your own, no.

Besides, that would hurt like hell for a lot of hot sauces. You aren't one a them hot candle wax on your backside fellers, are ya?

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Javert Hugo is Kat?

...and here I was wondering where Kat had gone...

Ditto. I thought you left after the altercation with Lalo (Eddie).
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you people pay attention? Didn't you notice the "zamboni" in her e-mail address? Sheesh.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

Oh, are you kidding? Lalo's a sweetheart.

And, from the voice of experience, trust me. That was nothing.

[ January 23, 2004, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Javert Hugo ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! There have been many far more kat-astrophic altercations than that one.

[ROFL]

(Actually, I missed the one with Lalo, so I have no idea of what I spake -- I just liked the pun).

I think I'm going kat-atonic.

But I LOVE the name Javert Hugo. So there.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I also love the name Javert Hugo. I think one of Kat's knacks is picking great hatrack nicks.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Who wouldn't like this Hatrack Nick? [Razz]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This weekend. I swear.
It's the weekend.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
You're forgiven. [Smile] ....NOW POST YOUR LANDMARK ALLREADY! Heheh
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Really? Well I didn't know until I read this thread, but we have been enjoying posts from katherina over at sakeriver.

So?

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Give her some time, guys. She has some rough stuff she needs to talk about, and it's not easy.

Take your time, sweetheart.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait. Seriously. But I think it's kind of freaky that Javert Hugo has 500+ posts... It's about time to write your landmark when your avoiding-a-landmark SN is approaching its own landmark!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Seuss
Member # 2487

- posted      Profile for Dr. Seuss   Email Dr. Seuss         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, this landmark avoidation thing is catching on...
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posable_Man
Member # 5105

- posted      Profile for Posable_Man           Edit/Delete Post 
Kat,

I didn't want to "step on" your landmark post by making one of my own...

(mines not all that impressive in content, though).

Shall I just go ahead or are you nearly ready?

-- Bob

Posts: 82 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

Oh, it's written (mostly). I could post it today, but... everything's so fun around here, I don't want to flip the spotlight on over to me. Plus, any sort of meaningful landmark for me is a little bit sad, but it has a happy ending, but it's a little sad. And I don't FEEL sad, and I don't want to, well, kill any buzz, so I'd say forget it, except it really is now or never time.

So... please, post yours! That would be great. [Smile] I'll just slip mine in from the wings this afternoon. [Smile]

Posable_Man
Member # 5105

Well, crud...mine's on my home computer.

Sorry. I can't post until late tonight anyway.

[Razz]

You go ahead...

Posts: 82 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

Oh no, I don't want to pre-empt out The Bob...

Actually, at this point, my hesitation comes from the fact that it's a serious buzz-kill, and I don't want to throw off Hatrack's groove at the moment. On the other hand, it's the sine qua non of Katie... What do you think?

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Go for it.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh for garsh sakes! kat, Bob, I want to read both of your landmarks. No actually, I need to read them. I don't much care who posts first, but please, both of you, POST! ASAP!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, now you're both just taunting us!
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

*sympathetic* I know. Bob is such a tease.

----
Fine. You asked for it. [Razz]

[ January 26, 2004, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Javert Hugo ]

Posable_Man
Member # 5105

I stand up all day with a metal rod shoved up my spine and you want to tell ME about what a tease Bob is? [Eek!] !!!

[Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.