FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 10,000 topics to see.

Author Topic: 10,000 topics to see.
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
There were 9,999 topics here when I came in.

Will this count change, or will something drop off?

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

Cool. 10,000 topics.

I've never seen another forum with as many.

*goes to check the validity of this statement*

Dreamers of Dune has no forums that have that many.

But Philotic Web's Ender Novels Forum has 12,415.

Oh, well.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Topic number goes up and down as threads older than a year are deleted every once in a while. I think this is actually the 7th time we've "hit 10,000" [Smile]
Satyagraha

[ January 24, 2004, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: BYuCnslr ]

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

[Cool]
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
Now it's 10001. How symmetrical!
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
The other day I went and deleted my first topic, which had no responses after 10 months. And rightly so, it was a lame-o not quite dobie pun thing. I don't think the post count goes down when posts are deleted, but I wonder if the topic count does. Wouldn't it stink if you were about to landmark and someone deleted all their thread that you had posted in and you got busted back to some lower number? Hee hee. Wonder how much Jexx would take to delete the new hug thread [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
pooka=evil!!! [Eek!]
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Does deleting a thread really lower your post count and the post counts of everyone who posted in that thread? If that's true, it would be fun to bribe jebus to delete the last post thread and see what would happen to people's post counts. Only one person would get mad because only the last post counts, right? [Wink]
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Deleting your own posts doesn't lower your post count. In fact, the search engine will still find every undeleted thread that you've posted in, even if you've deleted your own posts in it.

And before this latest new&improved version of the forum, every edit was counted as a post. Most of my post count is for edits.

[ January 24, 2004, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I'm so confused. Edits count as posts? I thought post numbers reflected everyone's realtime post thingy. I did conduct an experiment on the deletion of a single post.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Okay, new theory. When you pull up a thread using a search, the post counts are not refreshed. But if a reply occurs, then the post counts are updated. Appears to work. But who's counting?

Edit: testing. Post count was 1904...

Nah, it doesn't change it. I'm pretty sure I asked that once. Lemme see if I can find it.

[ January 27, 2004, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

TimeTim
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for TimeTim   Email TimeTim         Edit/Delete Post 
Who indeed?
Posts: 218 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.