FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I just met my first Jatraquero

Author Topic: I just met my first Jatraquero
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I just had lunch with Architraz Warden. I ask you to keep him in your thoughts, as he has 2 job interviews tomorrow.

Another Jatraquero in Phoenix, yeah!

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
All right! You're real!

Good luck Architraz Warden!! *sends good vibes!!*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
No, actually, you're only real after you've met 2.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Derrell))))) Yay!
(((((Feyd))))) Yay to you too!

I'm sure you guys had a blast, I wish I could have come too!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Derrell! You're half real. [Wink]

Best of luck, Feyd! Knock 'em dead!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, come on. Obviously, by the reality of these two, logic says that any Arizonans should automatically be deemed real. I mean, besides Utah, which likely doesn't exist, and Florida, who probably met eachother accidentally anyway, are there any other states where two people have been confirmed real? And if there are, do they have cacti? I rest my case.

Anyway, Feyd, good luck with your job interviews though I'm probably a little late to say anything. I would second rivka's "knock 'em dead," but I don't want to be considered an accomplice (I really don't know what kind of 'jobs' you're applying for...) So break a leg - it's not a crime if you do it right!

[ January 25, 2004, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

California. And yes, we do have cacti. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Da Goat. He's applying for jobs as an architect.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Wisconsin and Illinois both also harbor "real" citizens. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

But very few cacti. [Big Grin]
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but...um...

Okay, fine, have it your way. Anybody from Arizona or Southern California may be automatically considered real.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, actually, you're only real after you've met 2.
Doesn't it take a real person to type and post a message on this forum? [Razz]
quote:
Okay, fine, have it your way. Anybody from Arizona or Southern California may be automatically considered real.
*is from Sacramento* [Razz]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, it took me 7 years to meet my first jatraquero.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posable_Man
Member # 5105

- posted      Profile for Posable_Man           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck on the job interview!!!
Posts: 82 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
A number of jatraqueros met in the frozen wasteland of Canuckistan last year. No cactii out here. You just have to try harder.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.A.M.A.
Member # 6045

- posted      Profile for K.A.M.A.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Doesn't it take a real person to type and post a message on this forum?
Apparently not.
Posts: 44 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in AZ....

FWIW

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!

Hey now, how sad is it that Rhode Island has at least four real Jatraqueros? Not bad for the lil'st state in the union [Big Grin]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
not real
Member # 6151

- posted      Profile for not real           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, K.A.M.A. is right.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

But, I wanna be a real boy. [Cry]
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you really want you can classify yourself as second-hand-real. I've met more than two hatrackers, so I'm real by most accounts. And you're half way there. Ironically, I will live about as far as you (Derrell) from an Aunt Chilada's. FYI for all you Arizonians (and SoCalers), the party planning shall continue.

Interviews went well, though not much has change since last week. The first official job offer I've gotten is still the most promising for and attrative to me. Saying that this particular offer was spur of the moment would not be giving it enough emphasis. It was one of my blind drops, and on the way out the door I was stopped by the secretary sying they were interested, and if I had some time they'd like to talk to me. About an hour and a half later, the offer was made. I think the chances of me taking that job are good enough that I've started the application process for an apartment about a mile and a half from there.

I do think I might have gotten impatient and dropped off too many resumes. Or I'm just having really good luck. Or the building industry (in Phoenix at least) is on the verge of a boom, and they just don't really know it yet. I dropped off 20 resumes in Phoenix (ten one week, another ten the next.) I've gotten one interview / job offer from the first batch I delievered. I've had two meetings (exploring contacts and other jobs), four interviews, and two job offers from the second batch. And, I'm just now starting to hear from the Tucson firms (one interview with them, one info meeting, and two out right "no-thank-you" letters.

But, the prospects are lining up, and I really hate chosing. Anyways, I'll probably be living near 51 and Shea Avenue for those that know the city. It's pretty central, but that doesn't matter too much when all the Jatraqueros are in other states.

Well, I'll keep you advised as things change...

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Kewl! I'm glad things are going so well. It was good to meet you. [Smile]
Raia
Member # 4700

I've only met one, but I knew 4 or 5 beforehand, does that count? [Dont Know]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess this means Raia's real and I'm not. [Frown]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*pat pats Eru*
rivka
Member # 4859

I'm not sure if people you knew even before they joined the 'Rack count. After all, they could be figments of your imagination . . . [Big Grin]
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Colorado! (We have cacti, right?) [Wink]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that to be real, you have to have met a Jatraquero who has met other Jatraqueros, who have met other Jatraqueros, and so on. For you to be real to me, there must be an unbroken chain of real people between me and you. Ideally, we would all be tied together in a net of acquaintance, where a link between any two people can be found. One big, happy Philotic Web. Oh, wait...wrong site.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I"m glad you're getting settled, Feyd.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
I'm not sure if people you knew even before they joined the 'Rack count. After all, they could be figments of your imagination . . .
What if those people have met more than two other 'Rackers? [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

O_O

It's a CONSPIRACY!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.