FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Last Post Thread (Page 85)

This topic comprises 90 pages: 1  2  3  ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90   
Author Topic: Last Post Thread
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
No, you didn't miss the party. It's just getting started. Would you like some key lime pie?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, please! I brought a family favorite that I'm sure you will enjoy -- Chocolate Pecan Pie. And it is completely safe for people who are allergic to nuts. Because, after all, this is not reality.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm. Chocolate Pecan Pie. Yum. *snarfs*
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoy. Have some ice cream with it -- a delight with warm chocolate pecan pie.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh Pecan Pie. Speaking of which, how do you pronounce that? PE-cahn? pe-CAN?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
I say pe-CAN...and I would like some cherry pie please.
Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm. Pumpkin pie. Yum!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
With Cool Whip, Mmmmmmmmmm. [Smile]
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Ew. Real whipped cream, please.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

<Throws a whipped cream pie at quidscribis. Oops! Misses! Pie hits a Keystone Kop, who was investigating the party.>

Hilarity ensues.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm... pie...

*licks pie*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I think I will make Oatmeal Raisin cookies. With lots of cinnamon. [Big Grin]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

That's my favorite cookie!

And, uh, Telp. You a licking too much stuff. It is kind of grossing everyone out. You may want to cut back on that little habit.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

I need a recipe without sugar, though. I've been off the stuff for a while and would like to avoid it if I can. So I've been hunting for sugar-free recipes for, you know, cookies, brownies, that sort of thing. [Big Grin]
kojabu
Member # 8042

No sugar? But sugar cookies are some of the best out there!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Yep, sugar cookies are good, but I can't have 'em. No way, no how.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Man. How does sugar free chocolate chip taste?
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Don't know yet. [Big Grin] I substitute honey when I can, but mostly, I just don't eat sweets. [Frown]
kojabu
Member # 8042

Ah I see. I don't eat sweets that much either, but every now and then I get a craving and it's so yummy!
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Yeah. Sigh. I miss chocolate.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Why did you decide to go off of sugar?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Um, quid. These aren't real desserts made with real sugar. This is all fantasy. If you want, create a fantasy sugar replacement and use it in your fantasy cookies.

*brings lots and lots of chile-laced fantasy chocolates to the party, just for quidscribis*

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Oh hey, Tante, I know, I know! But it's getting me to want the real thing!

Kojabu - health reasons. Sugar is bad, very very bad. It impairs the immune system, and I'd been getting sick all the time. I'm getting sick less often now that I've been off it for a while.

kojabu
Member # 8042

Interesting. IMO, sugar is very very good!

*scampers off to eat a piece of the [fictional] chocolate cream pie I mentioned a page or two ago*

quidscribis
Member # 5124

*strangles kojabu*
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
*steals last post while others have their hands full with homicide*
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

You want it that bad, DH, you can have it.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Are we sure kojabu's dead? Has anybody checked for a pulse?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
*Tackles DH*

*Steals Last Post*

*Runs with it*

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I am very happy to report that I am not dead in spite of quid's attempts.

Now, we should go back to the party instead of fighting over the last post.

Stan the man
Member # 6249

But it was mine! [Smile]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Party?

<Turns on dance music>

Hora! Hora! Hora!

quidscribis
Member # 5124

*twirls*
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

<Admires quid's twirly party dress>

Nice twirly party dress!

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I just found out that Tante is French for aunt. I learned it in class the other day. It made me think of you, and I thought of my real aunts too.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm bored.
Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Would you like a nail and hammers? Maybe you could make a bird house. Everyone likes bird houses. As long as you have more than just the one board.

And, now that I'm done telling bad jokes, in the eternal words of this teacher person whose name I don't remember anymore:

"A creative mind is never bored."

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I meant a hole has been drilled clear through me.

I think the creative part of my mind is asleep right now. Or it refuses to be creative because I'm at work. I'll probably be fine in 35 minutes.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Work doesn't have to be boring. If possible, hum something. I'll even give you a song to hum. You do know the Inspector Gadget theme song?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Hey, you guys are bringing down the party.

*throws pies in faces of Steve and Enigmatic*
*misses*
*accidentally hits faces of Keystone Kops*
*hilarity ensues*

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I hope that that wasn't Key Lime Pie. Because I'd of rather had it in my face. I like Key Lime Pie.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

*ducks and runs*
*tosses pie at Tante*
*hits square in the face*
*giggles*

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

OW! Did you have to throw the Chocolate Pecan Pie? Oh well, pie's pie, and this is some mighty fine pie. And what can I toss your way?
kojabu
Member # 8042

Excedrin?
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
*peeks in, sees pies and excedrin flying around the room, ducks out!*
Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Here Kojabu, have some Excedrin. And an ice pack. Go lie down in the back room with the coats, and when you are feeling better, we can Hora together.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Meanwhile, let's party!
kojabu
Member # 8042

Aw man, my headache won't go away until tomorrow!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Where are the clowns? Send in the clowns!

Don't bother, they're here.

kojabu
Member # 8042

And I just got offered the Heimlech because I couldn't stop coughing.
  This topic comprises 90 pages: 1  2  3  ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.