FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » KamaCon activities.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: KamaCon activities....
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
...coloring books?

I suppose a night of shameless boozing and whoring's out of the question? Even if it's just me and everybody's hot wives?

But really, coloring books? I guess this Con really shouldn't be called RawkCon...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie, by the time you manage to bike into Chicago, we'll be peeling you off the pavement. Coloring books might actually be TOO intense. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.A.M.A.
Member # 6045

- posted      Profile for K.A.M.A.           Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose Mooselet will enjoy coloring books. Are you saying you're superior to Mooselet, Eduardo?
Posts: 44 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Boozing and whoring will be done, Eddie. Moose puts down the tequila pretty well for an old man ( [Wink] ), and if we can get Ralphie out of Oregon, it'll be hard to keep us sober. [Big Grin]

Actually...we'll do the boozing, but you'll have to do the whoring for the lot of us.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
KamaCON: Coming Soon...
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.A.M.A.
Member # 6045

- posted      Profile for K.A.M.A.           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

[Kiss] Taal

Vote on the Con name now!

Posts: 44 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
That is cool, Taal.

I love the "prove your existence"

How do I vote on sake?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Click "Login" in the top right, if you haven't registered yet, do that first [Wink]
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.. I'm almost sure I registered before (the registration page looks extremely familiar) but now I don't remember which username/password I used.

Guess I will have to create a new account.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I love the tag line!

[ January 29, 2004, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Moose doesn't put down tequila except to place it on a counter or insult it.

Gin is my drink. Good gin.

Just thought I ought to clear that up.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl, I thought the exact same thing, that I had registered already. Must have been on an older implementatino, I have a feeling the database was wiped a few months ago.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I like them all so as of now I'm not voting.

(how's that for indecision?)

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
As for the activities: if I manage to get to Chicago before the actual con begins, I could go grocery shopping with Banna and then cook something Polish. It might also be cool to organize a Polish night or something, for you to see a Polish movie (but the thing is that a DVD bought in here won't work across the ocean and I'm not sure if there is a chance to get a Polish movie in the US) or listen to some music while we're eating.

Hm?

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

btw I've been counting the number of polish delis I see on the way home. I'm up to at least five, and maybe more dependent on the route I take.

oh yes and at least two polish movie rental places

AJ

[ January 29, 2004, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Oh cool [Cool]

So what do you people think about watching a movie? I'd make up a list of what I think would be most interesting, with description, and you'd choose what you want to see

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I wonder if I could find an independent international video place that would have English subtitles? I'm guessing I could. I don't know if the all Polish movie rental places have subtitles or not. I'll make a note of exactly where they are tonight and maybe stop by one of these days on my way home from work and ask about subtitles. It would definitely be easier on us non-Polish speaking folk.

AJ

Kama
Member # 3022

They should have subtitles.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I googled for polish videos Illinois to see what I could find.
Only called one place so far:

POLISH-AMERICAN VIDEO
RENTAL, 2622 DEMPSTER ST PARK RIDGE, IL, (847) 759-9255

The lady was very nice but said they didn't have english subtitles, it was polish speaking only. I'm posting it here so I can pull it up in a pinch

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Maybe you could read this page Kama?
http://ksiazkatelefoniczna.com/company-data-loader.php?p_sLetter=asxc48yhja89

It says it is the Polish Yellow Pages for the area. I think it is written in Polish but I know it is referring to Chicago area businesses.

AJ
(edit... forgot link!)

[ January 29, 2004, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Kama, you might or might not be interested in this too.
http://pma.prcua.org/

Apparently it is the Polish Museum of America located in Chicago. It might be kind of wierd to see though. I might be tripped out if I went to see the American Museum of Poland in Warsaw. Though I guess it would be educational to see how another culture or modified immigrant culture views its original homeland.

AJ

Kama
Member # 3022

Which page?

[Confused]

(yeah, yeah, make my post look silly) [Razz]

[ January 29, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Kama ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I added the link above, sorry didn't realize I forgot to paste.

Here's an excerpt from the museum history (you can choose to read the entire website in english or polish from the main page)
quote:
There were two events that caused the rapid expansion of the Museum’s collections. The first originated from the 1939 World’s Fair in New York City, New York. The year 1939 marked the 20th anniversary of the Second Republic of Poland and the government of Poland marked that anniversary with a large exhibition at that World’s Fair. Unfortunately, in September of 1939 Poland was invaded and war had gripped Europe. At the close of the World’s Fair, it became clear that the Polish exhibits could not return to Poland and their disposition was uncertain. In order to preserve at least a portion of the exhibits the directors of the Museum determined to purchase from the government of Poland nearly three fourths of the exhibits. Display of these exhibits required a very significant expansion of the Museum’s public display areas into the 3rd and 4th floor auditorium facilities of the PRCUA headquarters building. In June of 1941 this expanded display area opened to the public. Thus, the Museum was able to preserve a very significant collection of art from the Polish inter-war period, 1919 to 1939, as well as significant Polish historical items...

AJ
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Here's another link you might find interesting. It is a listing of Polish-American events in the area. It only goes through to March but we can see what they have available in August.

http://www.polorg.com/Org/Calendar.asp?Language=Polish
(you might have to select "region- Illinois" from the pull down menu)

Kama
Member # 3022

This yellow pages site is wierd. I'm not sure if the phone number goes with this entry or not. [Confused]

Plyty,Wideo & Kompakty Records, Video & CD's Komputery & Elektronika Computers & Electronics Central Video Chicago ILLINOIS zip :23491 UNITED STATES tel :773-205-0525

BannaOj
Member # 3206

well you are doing better at deciphering it than I am... I'll call and let you know

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

That is the correct number. They have a few with English subtitles. The girl was very nice. It would probably be easier to call them again once you get here than to try to figure out exactly what movie now. Their movies do run on standard american machines.

AJ

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl and Zev: The database at sakeriver has never been wiped, so I'm guessing you folks never actually registered. You may have posted, though; I allow guest posting.

Everyone else: There is the faint (and I do mean faint, although perhaps really faint or even faintest would be more accurate) possibility that I might make it out to the Con. No promises. I don't have a case for my guitar and don't trust airline baggage handlers not to destroy it, but I do carry a pick with me pretty much everywhere. Aside from which, harmonicas are quite portable.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't decide whether to bring my accordian or my spoons.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.