FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Welcome for new people (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Welcome for new people
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
I met three new people in parachat the last few nights, and I saw that at least one of them has posted since then. I just wanted to welcome the new people. You know who you are. I'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you. [Smile]

And to say that parachat rocks.

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
I echo Anne Kates Welcome!

Yes, Parachat is great! One can often meet new people there.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to you all! [Wave]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, new people.

*basks in aka's warm, glowing light*

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. [Hat]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yo.

Psh. Parachat. What-ever.

[ January 28, 2004, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheese is good.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to The Assylum.
[Evil Laugh]

*steals cheese*
*runs off cackling*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
... the "assylum" being an asylum for whom?....
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
All of us crazy Hatrackers.
Anyone here who isn't crazy is just visiting.
[Evil]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arya
Member # 6160

- posted      Profile for Arya   Email Arya         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I'm new. A friend of mine told me about Hatrack and said that I might like it. So, here I am. [Smile]
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

Welcome, Arya! I love that name! I hope you enjoy yourself here. [Smile]
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arya
Member # 6160

Nice to meet you [Wave] , and thanks. It's the name of an elf woman from the book Eragon, by Christopher Paolini. Have you heard of it?

[ January 29, 2004, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Arya ]

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Welcome Arya!! [Wave]

I'm Raia. I hope we can be friends! [The Wave]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Arya, I know who you are. [Razz]

Welcome to Hatrack! [Big Grin]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nice to meet you , and thanks. It's the name of an elf woman from the book Eragon, by Christopher Paolini. Have you heard of it?

wieczorek has.
Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

I've heard people talking about it here, but I've never read it. It's a very cool name, though. [Smile] And if Ela knows you, that makes you doubly cool!

[ January 29, 2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: aka ]

Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah.
Welcome and all that crap you newbs like to hear.

And Rhaegar's right, cheese is frickin' good. You got anything against cheese? Cause if you do...

[ January 29, 2004, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Liquor and Fireworks ]

Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arya
Member # 6160

Hi Ela, how are you? I know you too [Wave] . Long time no see! I should stop by sometime.
Hehe, thanks Aka. You should definitely look into reading it, it's great.
Thanks everyone [Smile]
Oh... and I like cheese.

[ January 29, 2004, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Arya ]

Ela
Member # 1365

Yes, you should! But you moved a bit farther away. [Smile] I promise not to feed you tofu. [Razz]

Oh, and cheese is good. [Big Grin]

[Wave]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

You'd better not be lying, 'cause we don't take that cheese-hatin' crap here.
Arya
Member # 6160

Well, I can always come over for a little after school I guess... Yay! No tofu! *Jumps up and down for joy*
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

*hijacks thread*
[The Wave]
Discuss.

Ela
Member # 1365

[Big Grin]
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

The purple one is almost certainly the best.
Arya
Member # 6160

The purple wave guy?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, what's wrong with tofu? Yum! *finishes off last bite of tofu tiramisu (inspired by the tiramisu discussion the other day)*

Anyway, welcome Arya, even if you don't like tofu. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Not a single one of them is purple!
Arya
Member # 6160

Thanks Rivka. It's a long story, but Ela made me try a tofu square because I had never eaten it before, and I just didn't like it very much... it took a lot of convincing for me to even try it... after they started reading me Green Eggs and Ham , I gave in. Wasn't a pretty sight.
Yeah, the 2nd one on the left is purple. It tis the prettiest of them all... (and I didn't even need to consult a mirror on the wall for that one!) (ok... that was corny... forgive me)

[ January 29, 2004, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Arya ]

Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

quote:
The purple wave guy?
He's just soooo cool. I met him one time after I ate some expired steak.
Arya
Member # 6160

Hm... wouldn't you have met the green one then?
rivka
Member # 4859

I like plain tofu; but it's definitely an acquired taste. My kids like it too. I have to buy extra to allow for nibbling. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

quote:
Hm... wouldn't you have met the green one then?
I don't really pay attention to color, unlike SOME people. Racist!
Arya
Member # 6160

[Taunt]
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course the pruple wave guy (second from the left on my screen) is the best, my history teacher last year went on and on about how purple showed refinement and culture, and it being the color of royalty, etc. [The Wave]
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

He's not purple!!

He's PINK!

aka
Member # 139

My Yoga instructor says that purple is the color of spiritual things. Of the spirit. I don't know where she got that, but it sounds nice. I've always been fond of purple because it's just a strikingly beautiful color to my perception. But I'm not really all that fond of any of those wave guys. I sort of don't much like things that blink or move on my computer screen. Why I don't just turn off the animations, I'm not sure. [Smile]
Raia
Member # 4700

It's PINK!
rivka
Member # 4859

*pat pat* Raia, you need to adjust the color settings on your monitor, sweetie.
Raia
Member # 4700

*glares* it is NOT purple, it's PINK!

Who's with me???

Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I call it deliscious purple. To the uneducated, it often appears to be pink.
*flees*

rivka
Member # 4859

Um, Raia, why exactly do you so want it to be pink?
Raia
Member # 4700

I don't WANT it to be pink, it IS pink!!!! [Wall Bash]
rivka
Member # 4859

I see. And how long have you felt this way?
Ela
Member # 1365

It's magenta - part purple, part pink. [Smile]
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why I don't just turn off the animations, I'm not sure.
How do you do that?
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Yes, it's magenta... but it's a pinkish magenta! [Wink]
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. aka spawned a new newbie thread.

*awe*

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
In defense of the color pink, it does have it's own song by Aerosmith, not that I have an opinion of what color the smilie is [cough]it'spurple[/cough] [Razz]

[ January 29, 2004, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Koga ]

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Ic, hit the Escape key (in IE, at least).

Raia, yes dear. *pat pat*

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.