FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Rock On! (A cool web game you all MUST play)

Author Topic: Rock On! (A cool web game you all MUST play)
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
No, Rock On! is not the name of the game; that would be Project Rockstar. The premise is simple: jump into the persona of a musical group manager, create bands (1 per day), in various genres, and then hire blokes to fill the spots (mind you, there's only GBP50,000, and these guys get daily [1 day equals a game week] salaries). Get them to practice up their skills, write and record a hit single, put on a tour, or promote their upcoming album! Get enough cash, and sign you band to a label, or even better, start your own!

Here are my managers/bands:

1) Tiq E. Tack: Manages ReLaxative, a Drum and Bass group, and Da Frogwalkers, a hip-hop group for the new millenium

2) Deb O'Nayre: Manages Homeless Tycoons, a raucous Bad Religion-influenced punk band from Silicon Valley, and The Jumpin' Jehosaphats, an indie band from North Dakota.

So go to it, and post your manager/bands. Maybe we can start a Hatrack label someday!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Yes, I'm lame, but the game is cool, here's hoping some interested folks reply.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I built a band called Tank'd, an all-girl punk band.

Now what?

[Smile]

They are filled with self-hatred and very very very little talent. But hey, they're Punk, so it doesn't matter, right?

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Now read the help file (what is your manager name[EDIT: btw?]).

The game is turn based, with 1 turn per day, so I am told that it starts slow, but speeds up. Also, you can create a new band every day.

Also, have you decided whether to get Tank'd practicing, or writing a hit tune? If an icon is blinking on the page, it's a good idea to click it and see what you need to do next.

-Bok

[ February 06, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Bokonon ]

jexx
Member # 3450

Ack, should I make them write songs first? Or 'practise' (silly Brits, spelling stuff wrong! hee)?

Ack!

Do you have AIM? My nick is jexx30 if you want to chat me through it *grovel*.

My manager's name is 'Jenned Sweet' and he's got a really grotty icon, I'm going to have to find another picture for him...for the band, too...

edit: I created another manager, "Tarantella" who is managing a Solo Vocalist (much more economical!) and now I have to go do dinner and stuff because I'm a mom [Smile]

[ February 06, 2004, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: jexx ]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I created a manager and band.
Manager: Asher Witick
Band: The Cascading Style Sheets (ska)
I have no idea what to do now.

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Check out the forums, particularly PR Help.

They recommend you go and write a song to start. This may be a good idea, since it gets you learning the entire interface first.

For the record, I just started playing yesterday [Smile] I read the help and skimmed the forums to get most of my info.

-Bok

jexx
Member # 3450

Anyone else still playing this game? I'm up to six bands (split between two managers), and I have a recording contract for one of them!

I'm sooooo not using my potential in this game, but it's fun to make them do stuff, and it's fun to buy goods at the shop.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.