FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I come for the dream man!

Author Topic: I come for the dream man!
Ronin
Member # 1749

- posted      Profile for Ronin           Edit/Delete Post 
AKA Bob Scraptz. As I recalll I think he had big book on dreams or somthing and he interpreted some other peoples dreams.

So here goes, warning to everyone this is a cwaaazy dream.

I had this dream right...

A Girl and I had gone into some building that we saw downtown. I kinda think it might have been a church or a club or somthing and this girl and I were sneaking into it. We ran from someone and we got away from them and we were in a room, richly decorated, lots of red and gold moldings, big carpet. There was a fireplace where 2 kids were facing away from us watching the fire. There was anohter fireplace with some stuff on the ground. I thought there were pieces of wood but the girl I was with picked them up and turn them over and was like "hey cool a bible" Then when she opened it most of the words were marked out with marker and some symbols were drawn on it. She was like "what the heck" and I was like "oh no! Satanic bible! LETS GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" We turned and the kids that were watching the fire were now watching us. They had no eyes and symbols on thier faces and we started running.

This is somthing I hate about dreams, where you dont know what happens for a while but then you remember what happens later. We got out of the building and ran a little ways off from it and it exploded(by our doing)

Then like a saved game we went back because we didnt like the outcome of the building exploding. So then we let our selfs be caught and pretened to be part of thier cwazy satanic cult thing. We followed some other people into a huge auditorium where we sat down on the very back row. There were tons of people in there and the girl and I sunk down in our chairs to be less noticable. A man walked out into the middle of the room which was a kinda above the rows of seats, like a stage. He was in robs and started talking and he said he needed 8 volunteers for somthing(which I knew was bad) and a bunch of people stood up on the other side of the auditorium and started yelling to signify that they'd volunteered. It was about this time and the girl and I realized it was time to leave. We slipped out the back.

Then theres another fast forward, we've freed some people from the control of these crazies and the girl Im with is gonna take htem out. I tell her to leave and Ill meet her outside. We're on the second floor of a large lobby now and she has to take the elevator down. I tell her to wait because theres a cockroach trap. Basically when you walk to the elevator these cockroaches shoot out of holes(about ankle level) and make you die. I somehow duke one of them out so it explodes on a random wall hurting no one. The girl goes into the elevator and I have some sort of confrintation wtih, if not the leader guy from teh auditorium, some other big guy.

Fast forward a bit and we're out of the building running having freed some people and the building is collapsing...but not really colapsing just like...umm..its destroyed but not physically. I dont know how to explain it.

Good luck! and thanks in advance.

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob Scraptz? Is that Bob Scopatz's evil twin?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronin
Member # 1749

grrrr
Posts: 1896 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Be glad you have the power of semi-concious lucid dreaming. And even happier that you don't consider killing "all the bad guys" to be the most desirable outcome even subconciously, and thus reach back into the dream's past to reach a point where the outcome can be changed to a more merciful ending.

[ February 08, 2004, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Relieved this isn't a "that kind of dream" thread.>
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
<Pulls out Bob's Giant Book of Dream Imagery -- Video Game edition>

Ah, let's see...

quote:
A Girl and I had gone into some building that we saw downtown. I kinda think it might have been a church or a club or somthing and this girl and I were sneaking into it.
We know from past dream interpretations that buildings -- usually houses -- represent the dreamer's own mind. But let's see what else the book might say...

quote:
A building or structure in a dream is often a representation of the world in which the person lives. If it is a home, that structure represents the person themselves -- or the mind of that person to be more precise. But when the structure is of an indeterminant type or has a specific function, like a car wash, a laundrymat, a dance club, etc., then it is important to review the surroundings more closely. It is certainly a representation of an aspect of the dreamer's current life, but how it relates will be determined by other key dream elements.
Okay, so we need to look a little further into this. Let's look at the further descriptions.

quote:
We ran from someone and we got away from them and we were in a room, richly decorated, lots of red and gold moldings, big carpet. There was a fireplace where 2 kids were facing away from us watching the fire. There was anohter fireplace with some stuff on the ground. I thought there were pieces of wood but the girl I was with picked them up and turn them over and was like "hey cool a bible" Then when she opened it most of the words were marked out with marker and some symbols were drawn on it. She was like "what the heck" and I was like "oh no! Satanic bible! LETS GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" We turned and the kids that were watching the fire were now watching us. They had no eyes and symbols on thier faces and we started running.
Two children you say? And two of you? Hmm...The kids are obviously the two of you in a more innocent state (not earlier you, but a representation of your innocence). Rather ominous, no?

And I'm forming a partial impression of this building, but I want to go a little further with the kids first.

quote:
Eyeless humans are usually found in what dreamers later classify as "nightmares" but there is no reason to be afraid of this powerful image. Often, the eyeless one is an avatar of the dreamer's own lack of clarity or "vision" in the waking world.
Then a little later:
quote:
Replacement of the eyes with other objects (body parts, glass, markings, bright lights, etc.) is almost always a symbolic representation of the thing that is blinding the dreamer in waking life. It is not uncommon for the eyes to be replaced by sexual organs, for example, and the usual interpretation is that the person is being led (unwillingly?) by his or her sexual urges into something he or she does not want or may feel unprepared for. In this way, the direct symbolism of most eye-replacing items can be resolved. Reflective glass, vanity. Religious symbols, faith, and so on.
And then there's the crossed-out Bible and your reaction to it as Satanic. I don't necessarily buy into the last part, by the way -- that this WAS satanic. I'll come back to this at the end because I think I see where this is going... But as for Bible images in dreams, here's what the other good book has to say:

quote:
The presence of a Bible in a dream can be difficult to interpret. It is worth noting what pages are turned to as the meaning can often be deduced from that. One dreamer we worked with had consistent images of turning to the front few pages and the back few pages which were always empty. It took awhile to realize that in her case, the Bible was a symbol for family (the front and back pages being used to record the family history of births and deaths, marriages, etc.) and that she was longing to belong to a real family. Most often, of course, a Scripture is chosen for reference. It is a good sign that this is a Scripture of current relevance in the person's life. Another clue to the interpretation of the dream, obviously...
...On rare occasions, the Bible is disfigured or its contents are somehow obscured (erased, blotted out, etc.). This is usually a signal that someone is affecting the dreamer in waking life -- destroying their faith in something they feel is of bedrock importance. A disfigured Bible is usually a sign that in waking life, the person is embroiled in some sort of dispute over interpretation of events or is undergoing a radical departure from being in agreement with other important people in his or her life.

Well, that's pretty clear, eh?

quote:
We got out of the building and ran a little ways off from it and it exploded(by our doing)

Then like a saved game we went back because we didnt like the outcome of the building exploding. So then we let our selfs be caught and pretened to be part of thier cwazy satanic cult thing. We followed some other people into a huge auditorium where we sat down on the very back row.

Ah! Now we're getting somewhere with this building. You blow it up, but that doesn't feel right. You actually edited your dream on the fly and left both parts in there (i.e., you remember both blowing it up, and rewinding to go back in for a different approach!) Very rare indeed!

Here's an expert's opinion on this kind of thing:

quote:
We reviewed over 10,000 dreams and found only two in which an event was replayed with a different outcome. Usually repetition in dreams is a matter of reinforcing the basic message of the dream -- as if the subconscious is afraid the waking person might not "get it." But revising the outcome or sequence of actions is exceedingly rare and worth special attention. There's the element of reinforcement of the basic message, but there's more too. It is saying that there's a choice to be made here and that either both choices are equally bad or equally good. The point being that the dreamer is being told through the dream to make a choice, not necessarily which choice to make.
So let's see where this choice leads...

quote:

There were tons of people in there and the girl and I sunk down in our chairs to be less noticable. A man walked out into the middle of the room which was a kinda above the rows of seats, like a stage. He was in robs and started talking and he said he needed 8 volunteers for somthing(which I knew was bad) and a bunch of people stood up on the other side of the auditorium and started yelling to signify that they'd volunteered. It was about this time and the girl and I realized it was time to leave. We slipped out the back.

Then theres another fast forward, we've freed some people from the control of these crazies and the girl Im with is gonna take htem out. I tell her to leave and Ill meet her outside. We're on the second floor of a large lobby now and she has to take the elevator down. I tell her to wait because theres a cockroach trap. Basically when you walk to the elevator these cockroaches shoot out of holes(about ankle level) and make you die. I somehow duke one of them out so it explodes on a random wall hurting no one. The girl goes into the elevator and I have some sort of confrintation wtih, if not the leader guy from teh auditorium, some other big guy.

Fast forward a bit and we're out of the building running having freed some people and the building is collapsing...but not really colapsing just like...umm..its destroyed but not physically. I dont know how to explain it.

Ah, the building "changes" but it is neither destroyed nor is it still the same.

Okay, we have some great clues here. Without knowing what you are currently dealing with in your life, the building could represent your involvement with school, your family, work, your actual church, or even just "life in general." You'll have to fill us in on that. Something about this tells me it is your family that is the subject here.

But the status of the relationship between you and that "entity" (school, work, family, church, whatever) is the subject of this dream. You are approaching a crossroads in that relationship. Basically, you see the organization as going off in a direction you cannot in good conscience agree with or support. You have two options -- leave altogether or work from within for change.

Now, the Girl...what does she really represent? She's the thing that has you convinced that you are right and the others are wrong. If this were a real girl and the dream was about your family, I'd be guessing that you were in love with someone the family doesn't approve of, but you know in your heart is the one for you. But given that this is all symbolism, I'll take a step back from that and say that the girl represents the thing in your life that you are now most committed to, and the thing that is driving a wedge between you and the entity represented by the "church" and "cult."

As I said, you are approaching a decision point. You can leave or work from within. Leaving is destructive (as shown by the building exploding). And you really don't want to do that, apparently. What you hope for is to bring some enlightenment to the organization by staying and holding your ground.

And the dream is giving you a way to do that. It says you should lay low, don't draw attention to the rift, or be demonstrative in your disagreements with the group. But quietly go about the business of recruiting others to your way of thinking. The dream is also saying that you'll know when it is time to leave.

And, you know that there will be obstacles on your departure, but that you have the keys to resolving them. Some through avoidance, and some through direct confrontation. And you'll know which is which when the time comes.

There's one other thing here. The final split from whatever group this is will be over something other than the issue represented by the girl. It's about something else because you send her out first. So, in effect, I'm thinking that your working from within is in part to find other issues you know must be wrong in that group so that you can use them as leverage to free not just yourself but a bunch of other folks from the tyranny they (and you) live under.

How's that?

code:
NOTE: There is no actual [i]Bob's Giant Book of Dream Imagery.[/i]
All interpretations are made up and signify nothing
other than a desperate desire for attention at Hatrack.

It allis for entertainment purposes only.
Don't live your life based on a dream or an interpretation thereof.

Live your life to give more attention to Bob.

[ February 08, 2004, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Bob.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
The Bob is definitely a cool guy. He might have some fun with my dreams, but it would take me awhile to write them all up. I tend to remember a large percentage of my dreams in detail, and I am a huge lucid dreamer, either knowing I am dreaming from the beginning of the dream or something within the dream making me aware that I am dreaming.

BTW, has anyone heard of Dream Journal. I have an account there, but have yet to use it.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, I think you may have missed your calling. Now, I'm not sure what that calling would actually BE, but there's got to be something involving off-the-cuff psychoanalysis out there, right? [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronin
Member # 1749

Thanks for the dream interpret. Its been on my mind so I was wondering what it meant.

this is what I THINK it might mean.

Im getting ready to go on my mission soon and so Im gonna have to leave my friends behind. one of my friends is a member and hes become less than active so Im worried about him and then 2 of my other friends just took the discussions and hopefully will get baptised. With this comes alot of attack on faith through thier family. They think the LDS church is a cult so I keep getting really wierd questions from them. Which has attacked my faith a bit.

I think that fits the bill fairly well with the building in my dream repersenting these third parties.

Whoo, thats probably more then I should share but what the heck.

BookWyrm
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for BookWyrm   Email BookWyrm         Edit/Delete Post 
I read the title of this post and thought someone was looking for me and I was gonna have to break someones heart and tell them I was already taken which is something I would REALLY not want to do..... WHEW!!!!

Runon sentences leave me breathless [Wink]

Posts: 986 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Im getting ready to go on my mission soon and so Im gonna have to leave my friends behind. one of my friends is a member and hes become less than active so Im worried about him and then 2 of my other friends just took the discussions and hopefully will get baptised. With this comes alot of attack on faith through thier family. They think the LDS church is a cult so I keep getting really wierd questions from them. Which has attacked my faith a bit.

I think that fits the bill fairly well with the building in my dream repersenting these third parties.

Yeah, that was my second guess.

[Big Grin]

Actually, it DOES sort of fit. Cool.

TomD... [ROFL] I was actually thinking of looking into the requirements for being a psychotherapist in FL. I think TX might be similar. Not a lot of hoops to jump through to hang a shingle given that I have a PhD in Psych already. It's just that my degree is in animal cognition not clinical and it would be a gross misrepresentation of my skills and knowledge.

So, I finally decided that I would be incredibly ill-equipped to handle people with actual problems and I didn't want to be responsible for someone failing to get real help. And thus another dream of easy money is crushed by the conscience.

I wonder how many people do go that route though. Dr. Joyce Brothers, for example, got her Ph.D. in Experimental Psych and ran rats and pigeons in learning studies...just like me.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.