FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Forum President? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Forum President?
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
As your duly elected President of the Titularly United Spirits of Hatrack, first let me say I am proud to address my fellow Hatrackians, Jatraqueras and Jatraqueros, on this solemn occasion.

As you know, for a long time now, we have been working diligently to contain the threat that Ornery presents to Hatrack and the rest of the world. And we have been successful, at least by surface appearance.

However, new intelligence from our CentralHackingAgency indicates that, despite our best efforts, Ornery.com continues to engage in efforts to obtain Words of Mean-spirited Defamation. That despite the soothing words of their dictator Moderator Yousay and the UD words inspectors, Ornery has succeeded in stockpiling WoMDs, as well as those datapackets to deliver them banned under UnitedDotcom Resolution1196.

More unpleasantly, we now have conclusive proof that Ornery.com has been engaged in discussions with XXX.com to obtain the naughty letter with which to build effbombs. With knowlege that their illegally possessed data packets can strike our server within 45 milliseconds, I cannot in good concience allow Moderator Yousay the time to succeed in his quest.

And so it is with heavy heart that I must announce that I have signed the order to deploy the fine digits and knuckles of our TUS Fingered Services and Reserves to the servers nearest Ornery.com for a preventative strike against Ornery.

I say to you, Moderator Yousay, the choice is now yours. Leave Ornery immediately and allow free and unmoderated inspections, and I will recall our digits. The fate of Ornery is in your hands.

OSC bless the TUSH.
OSC bless us all.

Thank you.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robespierre
Member # 5779

- posted      Profile for Robespierre   Email Robespierre         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget the president of your local Committee of Public Safety, good ole Robespierre.

Also, I promise to change the calender to something totally incomprehensible to the average person.

Posts: 859 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

- posted      Profile for shadowmaker           Edit/Delete Post 
No idea what that was about..... [Dont Know]
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
:Lifts welding mask, examines the latest modifications to the Implaccable Engine of Ultimate Destruction (tm); notices the bruhaha over forum president:

You're all a bunch of puppets.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

Puppets, eh? Could a puppet do this? *does a jig*
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Oh look. A shadow puppet.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

hahaha. Keeping the subject of this thread going, heres a presidential party [Party]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to thank those who have nominated me. Unfortunately, I just had a head installed -- it's next to my shower stall -- so I'm probably disqualified.

I hereby throw all my votes to LavaLamp.

This place needs the mellow ooze.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoever gets to be president, can I please be the leader of the religious right? Can I please?

I'll be obnoxious just like Jerry Falwell. Come on, it'll be fun!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
It just occurred to me that if a member of the Not-so-secret liberal cabal wins the presidency, they'll probably nominate my birth father as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I've always wondered: where's the Secret Conservative Cabal™?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Conservatives are much better at keeping secrets.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, if I win, I'll make sure you get your own radio talk show.

By the way, Belle's post made me realize that there are lots of important positions to fill.

Supreme Court Justices.
Poet Laureate.
Secretaries of War, Treasury, Education and Transportation.
First pet.

The winner will be extremely busy!!!

[ February 10, 2004, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
If Bob gets elected, I get dibs on being the first to criticize all his Hatrack policies and decisions!

[Wink]
FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Conservative; Liberal;

I'm the guy with the Implaccable Engine of Ultimate Destruction (tm).

Donny Osmond
Member # 5349

- posted      Profile for Donny Osmond           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I was the president of the Secret Conservative Cabal—oops, did I say that out loud?
Posts: 79 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, you keep on with your bad self!

*lowers voice*

Don't worry folks, he still hasn't spelled its name correctly, I wouldn't worry.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

There is definitely going to be a cabinet. WIth jobs such as secretary of cool, awesome, annoying, and nerdness. With your help this will be the best presidency of hatrack ever....sorta
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.