FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Moochin' off Hatrack again

Author Topic: Moochin' off Hatrack again
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
Any of you know any good, modern comedic monologues? Yes, I am searching libraries and so forth, but I thought I'd ask.

It can be something from a book, altered somewhat, likely, or a movie, or anything, really.

Thanks.

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Neil Simon's always good.

Or you could always do Ferris Bueller's shower soliloquy...

"I could be the walrus, and I'd still have to bum rides...."

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Simon's good: Brighton Beach Memoirs and Biloxi Blues both have a lot of comedic monologues to choose from.

Don't know if movies are allowed. If so, you could use the "I beleive" speech from Bull Durham, although it may be a little too racy. Some of Brody's speeches from Mall Rats might be good, if they're long enough.

And of course, you could always use Dean's speech after Iowa. [Big Grin]

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard that Conan Obrian's speech for some college is the funniest thing ever.

I'll go see if I can find it. It's on the internet somewhere.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
http://davidcoppergirl.tripod.com/quotredhairandfrecklesquottheconanobrienobsessionsite/id13.html
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Why should I give you any more help..you didn't use the last one I gave you....
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
The Producers could work. Maybe. Or the Big Lebowski.

[ February 09, 2004, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, Big Lebowski - good idea. I wonder if there's anything long enough by George Clooney's character in Oh Brother, Where art thou?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

Oh, Val, I really would've. Except it was so long I'd have to cut out most of it and ruin it.
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean "modern"? As in the last 10 years?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

It's cool Anthro, I will see if I can find something funny for you, if you still need one, that is.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

As in, not Shakespearean.

I'm afraid that in offending you( [Wink] ) Val, I have tarnished my honor. I must now commit seppuku.

No, don't try and stop me!

Valentine014
Member # 5981

*Volunteers to be Anthro's kaishakunin*

[Evil]

Dude Love
Member # 2437

- posted      Profile for Dude Love   Email Dude Love         Edit/Delete Post 
I took a bunch of Groucho Marx's lines from the movie "The Coconuts" and attached them to his auction speech and it was a huge hit in my high school speech class.

"Fourty dollars! There's a man with vision.

"Eighty dollars! There's a man with double vision."

"One hundred dollars? There's a man with astigmasim."

Stuff like that.

Groucho's hilarious.

Posts: 86 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

Er-hem.
Anthro
Member # 6087

CONCERNED, COMPASSIONATE HATRACKER: No, don't do it, Anthro! We love you too much!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.