FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Reasons to hate hatrack (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Reasons to hate hatrack
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
#1 You came here because you want to be a writer, but you will NEVER be as famous or as good as Card. If you were, you wouldn't waste your time posting on a good writer's BB.

#2 Bob is still funnier and wittier than you.

#3 Unless your screen nick is Dobie, or possibly Dobbie, your Dobie's suck. I'm sorry, but they do.

#4 Tom will always have more posts than you.

#5 I will always make more money than you, be married to a better looking woman, and still be able to kick your ass on any day of the week. I know, it isn't fair, you should be better than me at SOMETHING. But you aren't.

#6 You read the posts on this BB, and realize most of these people are far smarter than you are. This makes you sad. Then you go to foobonic and realize most of them are also better looking than you. What do you have to offer the world? Not a lot.

#7 Even the gay people are bored as hell by gay marriage threads. I personally would offer my body to Karl Ed as his love slave if it would guaranty that no one would ever start a thread about gay marriage ever again. I feel safe as can be making that offer.

#8 The really funny chat conversations will always happen just before you get into the chat room, or just after you leave. We'll mention them in vague and infuriatingly teasing ways later.

#9 ClaudiaTherese is smarter than you, has more degrees, and is better read. She is only patient with your idiocy because she has absolutely nothing to prove. She and I make fun of you when you aren't around. Go ahead, ask her. She'll just smile condescendingly.

#10 No matter how long you are here, no matter how respected you become, no matter how vast your post count is, the pre turn of the century members will still call you a newbie. You will not live a hundred years to take that out on the next century's members. Sucks to have a short life span, huh?

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I'm beginning to really get a complex about Tom and his frequin' post count!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever, newbie [StB].

[ March 02, 2004, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: Richard Berg ]

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] [Mad] [Grumble] [Mad] [Mad] [Cry] [Cry]
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Slash is NEVER on AIM. Even when you KNOW he's posting.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Except right now...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw him in chat once. Then I said "hello", and he left.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Then you go to foobonic and realize most of them are also better looking than you
Not really.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Run Karl RUN!

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, a lack of humility is unbecoming in a newbie.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Slash, find one person who'd disagree with me.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
You're right. Adios Hatrack!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, you produce nearly two posts to my one. So let me remind you: relax. It is, indeed, inevitable that you will pass me. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but your registration number will always be lower.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Slash: --I--

He's been meriting a lot of those lately.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
wait just one second...since when is kat on aim?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Since a few weeks ago, generally only at night. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
dang, and i've been leaving the laptop at work in the evening.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I've been taking one home this week, Costello. [Smile]

I have vague aspirations of getting my Web site back up, so I borrowed a computer and got a DSL line. However, both are working only intemittantly.

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

This is it, your time is through
You're boring!
You're rambling on, no end in sight
You're boring!
No need to thank your parakeet
You're boring!
Look at Catherine Zeta-Jones
She's snoring!
You could have rushed up to the stage
But you were lollygagging!
They're turning off your microphone
And cutting to a commercial for Del Taco
Del Taco! Del Taco! Del Taco!

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
[Dont Know] Did Sopwith, just leave Hatrack! [Dont Know]
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Slash! You'll always be one of my favorite newbies!
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Let me just roll that head.

[ROFL]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]

Now there's lots of heads rolling.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

#11 Periodically, the following guy will show up:

ENDER RAWKS! I THNK THAT STAR WRAS KID SUKS NO WAY THAT LOSER CAN PLAY ENDER BUT MAYBE THAT OTHER GUY WHO WAS IN THAT BRUCE WILLS MOVIE CAN PLAY HIM BUT HES OLD NOW SO I DONT KNOW DOES ORSON EVER POST HERE OR READ THIS BECAUSE I THINK HIS SCRIPT SUCKED BECAUSE HE TOOOK OUT THAT THINK WHERE THAT ONE KIDS GOT KILLED THAT SCENE WAS THE BEST IT SUCKS TO TAKE IT OUT ENDER RULES RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE RULES YOU PEOPLE SUCK AND HAVE NO LIVES AND I HAVE TONS OF SEX AND YOU DONT AND IM NOT 13 SO STOP SAYING THAT LOSERS CUZ YOU SUCK

Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Slash, you can have your good looking wife. It is an undeniable fact that my delicious husband has the sexiest accent on this board.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Margaret Thatcher had a sexy accent. Doesn't mean I'd want to smooch her into the wee hours of the night.
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
That image . . .

>_<

. . . now that's a reason to hate Hatrack!

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

<-- has the sexiest accent on this board

Sorry, Amka.

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know...

A seven foot tall Lizard-dude and old Prune face...?

It could work.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're going to smooch her, I guess the wee hours would be the best time.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
#12 No matter how hard you try, Slash will always be more of an ass than you.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
When I said delicious, I meant it. Chiseled mediterranian features with lithe, well defined muscles. Drool...

Kama, you are a girl. I give you your sexy accent, and will say it the sexiest on the board, but I still wouldn't married to you. So I think I can say I'm the woman married to the spouse with the sexiest accent and is very good looking to boot.

Here is my proof.

http://www.vcode.com/images/family.jpg

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Goat, I freely admit to being an ass. It's one of my defining characteristics.

However, your sad little attempt to add to my list should actually have read:

#12 No matter how hard you try, Slash will still be more interesting and entertaining than you

That would have at least been more accurate, though still not very funny.

Keep trying, newbie! You'll get it eventually.

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate it that when I have an opinion, I can never argue it as well as those who oppose my opinion.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Jenny, I disagree, and I don't think you made your point very eloquently.
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
#14 Slash never devours the people you really want him too.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
#15 The Hatrack community in general is made up of such nerds that Slash really
quote:
is
the coolest one of us.

It's like the big fish in a little pond kind of a thing, sure, maybe we all suck and all, but but being the least sucky of the sucky still kind of sucks.

[ March 02, 2004, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Jacare Sorridente ]

Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Jacare, you are not allowed to change a bit of that post. That's the funniest emphasis I've seen.
katharina
Member # 827

Noooo!!!!!

Crap.

Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
I changed it back for you kat.
Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Oh, thank you! You do like me! *grin*

[ March 02, 2004, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
16. Just when you think you'll never have to hear the word again, DB will bring up "memes" in some seemingly innocent thread.
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
17. Those painful early days of newbiehood when you think Jatraquero is something minors go to Mexico for Spring Break in order to participate in.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a meme!
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] to the all thread.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Realizing you just explained what habeus corpus is to a lawyer, or original sin to a pastor, or used an obscure phrase in a foreign language to someone who speaks it has their first language.
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I want to know why Slash is never on AIM anymore. [Mad] [Razz]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.