FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Question for all the Buffy fans

Author Topic: Question for all the Buffy fans
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I have recently gotten the first couple of seasons of Buffy on DVD. I don't have cable so I am not able to watch the show when it normally airs.

I find that the lady who plays Giles girlfriend very interesting but I can not find any info about her. I assume from the credits that her name is Robia Le Morte or something, but that sounds like it is not a real name. I have gone to IMDB and they do not list her anywhere.

What am I missing here?

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
*is saddened by Marek's decision to not post for a while*
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zip
Member # 4710

- posted      Profile for zip   Email zip         Edit/Delete Post 
Imdb has something on her under robia la morte, must be the same person.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0478750/bio

She used to tour with prince, cool.

Posts: 24 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's definitely her: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0478750/.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW I have memorized the entire musicla episode, sad eh?

Rhaegar

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Rhaegar,

my immediate reaction was "Cool! I wish I had that episode memorized."

But all that may mean is something sad about me. [Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
NO! Sndrake, we can be obsessively compulsively cool together!
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Ooh! Ooh! Do the bunny song!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

*Giles*

I've got a feeling, that its a demon, a dancing Demon, no something isn't right there*

*Buffy*

I've got a feeling, that I should kill it

*All*

It's getting eiry whats this cheery singing all about?

*Anya*

It could be bunnies

*Dead Silence*

*Giles*

I've got a feeling...

*Anya*

Bunnys aren't just cute like everybody supposes,
They've got their hoppy legs, and their twitching little noses,
And whats with all the Carrots, what do they need such good eyesight for anyway?

*Tara*

I've got a feeling...

*Anya*

Bunnies bunnies it must be Bunnnnnniiiieees (soonds like Bunnayyyyyhhhhayyyyyyyyys)

*What can we face song by all*

[ March 02, 2004, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Rhaegar The Fool ]

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Any requests?
msquared
Member # 4484

Is she still around? I am half way through season two.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

*applauds wildly*

That was one of my favorite episodes.

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Is Anya still around? Or Tara?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

*Is she still around? I am half way through season two.*

Oh my. You're not gonna like episode 15 or so of that season...

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

*Bows*

Dagonee, any requests?

Dagonee
Member # 5818

I thought he meant Ms. Calendar.
msquared
Member # 4484

Ms. Calneder. I think she is hot.

msquared

Dagonee
Member # 5818

No, I gotta write a brief tonight [Frown]
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Miss Calender dies about season four guys, remember Angelus and the whole oooooo I'm evil part with the Judge?

Rhaegar

sndrake
Member # 4941

Rhaegar,

you might want to give a *spoiler* warning or at least ask msquared how detailed you should get.

Msquared,

Be careful what you ask for. [Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

True, anyone want any bits of knowledge or song?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

** SPOILER ** (But he did ask)

It's season 2, Rhaegar:

Season 1 - Master
Season 2 - Angelus
Season 3 - Mayor
Season 4 - Initiative/Adam*
Season 5 - Glory
Season 6 - Back from the Dead
Season 7 - The First (and the Last)

Dagonee
*Coincides with the first season of Angel.

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

My deepest appologies Dagonee, but never the less, well done.
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Did anyone else think the first half of season six was kindof lame?
sndrake
Member # 4941

(Psst - Hey, Dagonee. Have you looked at your post count lately? Is it Landmark writing as well as brief writing time?)
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Spring Break starts noon on Saturday - that's Landmark time. Of course, you've made me waste one of my precious pre-landmark posts in answering [Smile]

I'm thinking "Why Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is an evil song...

Rhaeger, Season 6 started slow, but by the end I thought it was one of the best. And the Trio was just hysterical.

OK - I'm really, really disconnecting my network until my brief is finished...

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

I said the first half of seaosn six was lame, the Trio are the best thing to ever happen to Buffy, the Star Wars van! Yay!
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Oh, well except Druscilla, agh I have such and obsession with her.

Rhaegar

cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
My obsessions with Angel - David Boreanz - yummy!!!

Must admit though I've been warming to Spike in the last series though - despite the awful English accent.

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the first half of season 6 - and I loved the way Once More With Feeling acted as the turning point from 'happy silly episodes' to 'dark nasty internal everyone is doomed' episodes, simply by airing a few secrets.

*is also a Buffy dork who has all the songs memorised.*

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Yay for Imogen!
imogen
Member # 5485

*sings* Every single night, the same arrangement...

[Big Grin]

I am watching the new series of Angel right now - the one where Spike is seeing spectres. Is it just me, or is Spike getting chubby?! The razor sharp cheekbones just don't look the same...

*sings* They got the mustard out

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Incidentally Rhaeger... After Giles' first line the bunnies song goes

Willow (Alyson Hannigan really can't sing): "I've got a feeling, some kid is dreaming.. and we're all stuck inside his wacky broadway nightmare"

(cue Broadway hand fluttering from Tara)

All: "I've got a feeling we should work this out (sung oow-oh-ut) It's getting eerie, what's this cheery singing all about?"

Zander "It could be witches, some evil witches" (cue camera cut to Willow and Tara looking ticked off) "Which is ridiculous 'cos witches they were persecuted, wicca, good and women power, love the earth and I'll be over here."

Anya "I've got a theory - it could be bunnies"

*cut to Rhaeger's version*

[Big Grin]

I did warn you I was a Buffy geek.

The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked that episode so much I got the sound track. LOL. haven't memerized it yet but working on it.
Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
:: cuts hair real short, peroxides it, puts on leather jacket,takes deep breath::

*sings*

I died
So many years ago
But you can make me feel
Like it isn't so
Why you come to visit me, I think I finally know...

You're scared, Afraid of what you feel
But you can't tell the ones you love
You know they couldn't deal
Whisper in a dead man's ear, it doesn't make it real...

Uh Hahh....

That's great, but I don't wanna play
'Cause being with you touches me
More than I can say
So since I'm only dead to you, I'm saying stay away...

And let me rest in peace

(Cue 80's rock beat)

Let me rest in peace, let me get some sleep
Let me take my love and bury it in a hole that's six foot deep.
I can lay my body down but I can't find my sweet realeaaaaase...

So let me rest in peace...

(so, do I get to be a member of the "buffy geeks who've memorised the whole musical episode" club??)

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Drat...I like Buffy's theme but can only recall a few lines.

I touch the fire and it freezes me
I look into it and it's black
(Later)
So I will walk into the fire
and let it (burn).
(Repeated many times before anyone actually says the last word.)

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question for you all too.

Why is such trash so widely enjoyed? You are like hobos by choice of the entertainment world.

[ March 13, 2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: jebus202 ]

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
From memory:

quote:

I touch the fire and it freezes me
I look into it and it's black
Why can't I feel?
My skin should crack and peel
I want the fire back

Now through the smoke she calls to me
To make my way across the flames
To save the day
Or maybe melt away
I guess it's all the same

So I will walk through the fire
'Cause where else can I turn?
I will walk through the fire
And let it...

I could go on, but I'll spare you.

jebus: My monitor is covered with post-it notes to encourage and inspire me when I write. One of these notes says "Tell the truth". I firmly believe that Buffy, the show, tells the truth. The emotions that the characters go through are so, so real. The show, to me, is not about fighting vampires--it's about life. Trash? I don't think so.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I've only watched a few episodes and always felt the emotions conveyed where extremely cheesy, and badly acted.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, there's definitely a cheese factor to some episodes. And sometimes, actual cheese as well. [Big Grin] (I wear the cheese; the cheese does not wear me.)
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, you meet the most appalling sorts of people here. [Wink]

Incidentally, three of my kids have names from BtVS. Accidentally...on purpose. Sort of thing. [Blushing]

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
For those who would care, Buffy's Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia) recently posed for a"tasteful" Playboy photoshoot, due out sometime this summer [Blushing] [Evil]
Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
To follow the general thought about the show being cheesy, I agree. However, the cheese seems like real cheese. When I watch the show, I point and say "Hey, that's exactly how I would react if *fill in the blank* happened" because, let's face it, real people are cheesy and corny.

My roommate, who has an obsession with the show, just asks people to look at Buffy and then look at Dawson's Creek. Which show has characters that are more believable? I say Buffy.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rolf Singer
Member # 3972

- posted      Profile for Rolf Singer   Email Rolf Singer         Edit/Delete Post 
The cheese factor has always been there but it has also been played up to. Theres always a wink at the audience when they're being cheesy to let us know that THEY got how cheesy it was and they meant it that way.

What annoyed me about season seven was they began to take themselves seriously.... [No No] They seemed to have forgotten they had a sense of humour until the very last episode.

Posts: 90 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
There was still some good moments..."My goodness, it looks like someone slaughtered an Ambercrombie and Fitch catalogue".

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.