FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Reflections of a friendly Burninator, OR Trog's 1,000 landmark post

Author Topic: Reflections of a friendly Burninator, OR Trog's 1,000 landmark post
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
It's with tremendous reflection that I start this thread.

I was born a poor red dragon, with a gimpy left arm on September 16, 1970. My father left before I was born, my mother was left to raise me and my two brothers by herself.

I took to the skies at an early age, and would often fly far from home before my mother would venture out to find me and tell me to go home.

One day, after flying far from home on a summer day, my mother sent my oldest brother Steven out to find me. When he did, he beat me up pretty good then flew home. Pissed off at my brother's whipping, I vowed that day to never get whupped again.

I flew home as fast as I could -- too fast, in fact. While taking a turn too sharp, I clip a tree top, and took a nasty fall. My gimpy arm shattered. I spent weeks in the dragon hospital, and while the doctors did their best, my left arm never recovered. In the past few years, I've regained some mobility, but it never grew again.

[Frown]

When I finally came to grips with my new disabilty, I remembered my vow of never getting whupped on again. So, I started working out my only good arm. Today, it's pretty beefy strong.

My brothers were still the bane of my existence, however. I might have been creeping up on them in the strength factor, but they were able to breathe fire. I wasn't. They were able to light trees on fire with only a few breaths. I wasn't.

So, I worked on it. I started by swallowing lighter fluid, lighting a match, and spitting out the fluid with the match in front of my face. Didn't work too well. You see, I have a slight drooling problem, and my cheeks caught on fire. I still have the scar.

I didn't brush my teeth for weeks. Nothing.

I took fire-breathing classes in High School. Still nothing.

It wasn't until I realized that looking at the act of breathing fire was all wrong. I needed a new inspiration. I needed to approach it from a new angle. So I did.

So, I started to utilize a slightly different method. Instead of merely breathing fire at an object, I would spew drool, spittle and phlegm, which when it exited my mouth combined to do more than ignite and burn.

Oh yes. This was the beginning of 'The Burninator.'

Nobody could rival me. If I burninated something, it burned for eternity.

PBS actually filmed me in the act one time burninating the peasants.

Since I was discovered by StrongBad I've become pretty popular, I guess. But I'm still the same friendly dragon I've always been. But now I'm badder, and can flay the flesh off your back with one simple burnination.

(Oh, and I've changed the password back to its old one again, for those of you who wish to chime in. If you want)

[ March 03, 2004, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Trogdor the Burninator ]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Trogdor))))

That was beautiful. I'm so glad you shared it with us. You must be very strong to have gone through all of that and turned into the person we love and respect so much.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why I can't figure out that password. I also kind of wish I could change my screen ID to Trisha the Modestly Hot who don't mess around with other guys.
edit: fix link

[ March 03, 2004, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Trisha the Severe Hottie ]

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Slash))))

[Smile]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Please. You know you never would have gotten this far if it weren't for us alter-egos. [Taunt]
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Rock on, Trogdor. May you keep on a-burninating.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator's Mom
Member # 5720

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator's Mom           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh! He's a snuggy-wuggums!

[Cry] I'm so proud of my boy! [Cry]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
See. I told you advertising would pay-off. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
::weeps::
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]

Icarus weeping.

Imagines the tears putting out Trog's flames, but in the process healing the wounded left arm, freeing Trog to become his whole, unblemished self and thereby saving the universe from destruction . . .

yeah - I gotta stop working OT.

Nice, Trog! I'm gonna hire you to write my 2000 landmark. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
From one one-armed superhero to another, great landmark my friend. [Smile]

Shan, I'm not stalking you, it just seems that way because I'm everywhere you are. Um... you know what I mean.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

*raises eyebrows in surprise*

Why, Beren! And here I've been specially perfuming my mail jsut for you!

[Wink]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'll usually add to the list/archive whatever is called a landmark by the author, but do you really want this in there?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Are you saying I'm not real?
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

I think he's afraid that once the villagers read about the softer side of you, it will be the end of your burninating career. [Smile]

I think all of our landmark posts are semi-fictional, even when we don't intend them to be. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

To be completely honest, there a lot of my life story in the Trogdor story.
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
trog rocketh with a rockishness only a 'dor would presume.

rocketh on, bullied baby.

[Laugh]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

[Angst]
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool post Trogdor.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it safe to hug a dragon ?
If so, (((Trogdor)))

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
To be completely honest, there a lot of my life story in the Trogdor story.
quote:
I didn't brush my teeth for weeks in high school.
This part?

(((Trogdor)))

[ March 04, 2004, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
That was beautiful. You are a testament to what a little exercise can do.

I still think your consummate v's are your best feature.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Little being the operative word there.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I loves me some burnination.

(((Troggie)))

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if Saudade ever got her tattoo touched up.

And, Trogdor, you're an inspiration. While I can't actually burninate peasants, you can bet I'm not tossing them coins or anything.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Trogdor, I've been a fan of yours for a long time. Thanks for sharing the intimate secrets of your Burnination. Did you realize you use some of the same methods for burning as a bombardier beetle? It mixes chemicals as it shoots them from its abdomen, which vaporizes them and turns them into another chemical. Your chemistry, however, burninates them all.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't know about gimp-armed dragons, Trog, but one-armed men have sure been in the news a lot lately!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
Trogdor - I always knew you and Beren were 'armless [Big Grin]
Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

**GUSHES**

You are all so nice to me here. In honor of this, I will now post the 'Gay train' smilie for my first time.

[The Wave]

I live for Hatrack. I love you all. Except the newbies. And it looks like there are some who need some good burnination about now.

fallow
Member # 6268

I have yet to be burninated. Is there a protocol?
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

**burninates fallow**
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

quote:
Trogdor - I always knew you and Beren were 'armless
I was just thinking of the old Tick joke, "Arthur, we are unarmed!"

Must ... fight ... giggle fit....

fallow
Member # 6268

(trog, protocol? do I writhe? curse you?)

defaults:

*writhes in agony, screeching like a downed nazgul*

"curse you TrooogDOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR!!!!!"

*pause*

*mmm... barbeque!*

Sheep
Member # 4433

- posted      Profile for Sheep           Edit/Delete Post 
There is a Polish story of a dragon and a sheep...

The dragon ends up dead.

Posts: 33 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

*drawls* cultural icon, I suppose? *ends drawl*
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, this post brings up an overlooked segment of abused child dragons everywhere: sibling abuse. Sure, we are always blaming the parents for flaming their kids, but what about those abused by their very own brothers?

Trogdor, I would highly suggest therapy. I have a strong suspicion that you may be experiencing Post Dramatic Stress Disorder.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.