FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Awwwww, nuts

Author Topic: Awwwww, nuts
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I injured my knee about a month ago or so. maybe more. It's fine by now, but the thing is, I'm a pretty active guy; if I can't run and lift weights, I feel like I've done absolutely nothing for the day. So, not being able to run or swim, that month was pretty bad.

I've been back at running for about three weeks, but last night on a trip to Wendy's I stubbed my toe.

I know that sounds pathetic. But this is no ordinary toe stub. This is the super galactic apocalyptic post-nuclear war kind've toe stub. They apparently had cut down a street sign but had left three inches of it hidden in the gravel, and I, wearing flip flops, walked right into it. At first it just hurt, but then I looked down and half my foot was covered in blood. Seriously. Apparently the edge of the post had gotten underneath the nail and lifted it up and cut into a vein or something, because the entire sole of my foot was coated.

And it hurts a lot today. All the time. I hope I can run on it, but no promises. So, in conclusion, nuts.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yow! Cutting your toe is no fun.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooaaaaahhhhhwwww. That's not a scream, it's a sympathy noise.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kyle Katarn
Member # 3567

- posted      Profile for Kyle Katarn   Email Kyle Katarn         Edit/Delete Post 
I smash my toes at least once every 6 months, usually just in time for a big event where I have to stand for a long time (like my wedding). Last time I had to gimp around in a goofy shoe after cracking a bone in my toe. Before that, the whole side of my foot was a black bruise (probably broken then too, but didn't get an x-ray. I did for the other one because my little toe was point off to the side instead of forward). So, I feel your pain all too well.
Posts: 85 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(pales) Ow? ... Uh.... Ow??

(hands Book some chocolate)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Well, I just walked to class on it, and apparently I just beat it into submission because it doesn't hurt as much. I assume I'll lose the nail eventually, but whatever.

I remember my pinky toe was broken for about a year or so. I kept breaking it again over and over again, hitting it on stuff, nothing too serious. Just kinda achy, but there's not much you can do for toes.

Man. Reading over this, I sound like a total klutz.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you up to date on your tetanus shot?
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I have actually bashed furniture with a mallet and thrown it away over stubbing my toe. Not out of anger, but just because I'd rather get rid of something than keep hurting myself on it.

You should have seen me kicking the loveseat to pieces. [Evil]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

There's a little useless pocket halfway down the leg of a pair of jeans I always wear. At home, my mom had placed an antique armoir along a fairly narrow hallway, and it was juuuuuuuuuuuust at the same level of one of the knobs. I musta caught my jeans on that thing at least a million times. Then one day it stopped.... but later in the week I discovered a myterious lump in the pocket.

I had ripped the knob right out of the armoir. Next time I went home I handed it over.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.