FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A comedy show in Portland that hatrackers might be interested in

Author Topic: A comedy show in Portland that hatrackers might be interested in
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Eric Snider is doing a show here in Portland this month. He is very funny, and I hear his shows are quite good. I know a lot of Hatrackers live in the area, so I thought I would mention it.

It's quite the inexpensive show, so it is probably worth a gander even if you aren't familiar with his work.

I plan to go.

[ March 10, 2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Slash the Berzerker ]

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I'm planning on being in Portland either the 19th or the 20th or both. Maybe I should get tickets. How far in advance should I get them? Anything I should know about the comedy? Is it like Gallagher, where I should bring plastic sheeting to protect myself from splatter? I pretty much don't get offended by anything, so it doesn't matter about the topic,language, etc....
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the real news here is that Slash is a registered member on Eric's message board.

I didn't know you liked slumming with the Mormons so much, lizard man. I mean, I figured, Hatrack was the big exception. Now it's beginning to look like a habit.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Eric's web site is mostly humor. Yes, there are a freaking lot of Mormon's on his board, but the up side is I get to be really funny and irreverent there.

I don't think you can buy tickets in advance. I think it's just 5 bucks at the gate. His comedy is mostly a mixture of music (funny songs and such) and storytelling with some light standup type material.

I've heard his LOTR song is gut bustingly funny.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Slash posts on Eric Snider's message board? Since when? I used to post there for a while, but then I kind of stopped.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
So do I.
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to. It was one of those forums that I joined but generally found un-fun to participate in.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I ever registered for the new forum.

I liked it best when people could add comments at the bottom of his columns [on *his* site -- not the stupid Daily Herald thing]. Because it didn't require registration there were always some hilarious trolls and or clueless people to bait. It led to some funny stuff -- and as a plus it's how I first discovered Schlock Mercenary.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I did enjoy it more in those days.

I enjoyed Eric more, too.

Maybe it's because our lives have diverged. I was a big fan of his when we were both single students at BYU. But it's six or seven years later, and I've gotten myself married with three kids -- his stuff just doesn't connect as much with me anymore.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

quote:
I've gotten myself married with three kids
My condolences.

[Laugh]

Pat
Member # 879

It's really not that bad, Slash. If you need help on how to do it, I'm sure there's lots of people here at Hatrack that can help you through the, um, motions.
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I'll pass on that one.
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Oh, yeah, I'm reading the birth experiences in Christy's thread and it sounds like a blast. Which part is better? The 20 hours your wife is in labor? Or the ripping as the kid comes out? Because that's gotta be a tough call. [Smile]
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

[ROFL]
Pat
Member # 879

The making part of it, Slash.
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Jeez, Pat, is that how you explain it to your wife? "Honey, sure you go through 20 hours of labor and rip apart, but it's a lot of fun for me at the beginning!"
Pat
Member # 879

To be honest Slash, we did have long talks about it. My wife rips worse than most. After our first, she had to spend three hours being stitched back up.

It's a good thing we got such a good kid out of it.

Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Now I'm wondering if Mr.Head knows that this is an ongoing fun filled argument that Pat and I have carried on for years. Because otherwise, it could look pretty mean.
Pat
Member # 879

Tell you what, Slash, I'll send my oldest boy, Dallin to live with you this summer and you'll see it's not that bad.

Whaddya say?

Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

They should market birth control as "Marriage Lite! All the sex and zero kids!"

And it cracks me up that people with kids will hold them out as evidence that they have had more sex. Come on, we all know that couples without kids have WAY more sex than those with. [Smile]

Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Hahahahaha!

By the time he came back he would be swilling beer, swearing like Cartman, and addicted to violent video games. My parental skills are not finely honed.

Pat
Member # 879

No way. He'll have you reading the Book of Mormon, swearing off coffee, tea, booze and all that other stuff and kicking your ass at Halo.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.