FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Your last first kiss (Page 0)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Your last first kiss
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
I assume that by "last first kiss" you mean the last time you kissed someone you hadn't previously kissed before.

My story is totally unromantic. It was last summer, when I was doing a play in which I played the young romantic lead. Two days after I met my co-star, we were rehearsing our "first kiss" scene and the director asked us to kiss, which we did. It was an O.K. kiss, but considering it was part of our jobs to do it, it wasn't anything special. Plus we were both in other relationships, so it wouldn't have really worked out anyway.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Do drama kisses count? Not that I'm disparaging your experience, Brian. I just wondered, since they are staged kisses.
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmn...

I've had lots of 'first kisses'. I get a first kiss every time I see Bernard again. And I must admit, they do feel like the very first one.

Our first kiss was...

Let me start from the beginning.

At Presidential Classroom, I got a first kiss--on my cheek. I had an early flight, and when I said good-bye to Bernard, he was talking on the phone to someone else. As the bus pulled up to the hotel, I turned to get my bags to see...

...Bernard bounding out of the elevator.

He helped me out with my bag, gave me a big hug, and kissed my cheek softly. Electricity shot thoughout my entire body, and I felt warm all over.

Our first real kiss was when he came down to see me a year ago. We were in my brother's hotel room (Bernard & my brother were in one room--Mom and I in another), and he sat next to me on the bed and put his arm around me. He kissed my forehead, I kissed his cheek, and we just leaned into it... It was surreal. Magical. Soft and sweet. He was shaking, he was so scared. We ended up almost falling asleep in each other's arms before my brother came back in.

I think my favorite 'last first kiss' was after he proposed to me. October 13th, 2003, about 4 pm (yes, our tenth month anniversary was over Kamacon). We were 'napping'--in reality, we were snuggling under the covers (get your MINDS out of the gutter!). I had my head on his shoulder, and he was playing with my hair when he looked at me and said, "I know we're young, and we're still just freshmen, but after we graduate... Would you do the honor of marrying me?"

I almost started crying and--of course--said yes. Then we kissed. It was amazing--loving, sweet and gentle.

::flutters eyelashes::

[ August 26, 2004, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: MaydayDesiax ]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwwwwww. Mayday, that is so sweet! [Smile] [Cry] [Smile]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
You totally don't want to hear mine. It's a sad sad tale of clumsiness and embarassment. (But still fun.)

Maybe tomorrow night if I can work my e-courage up a bit. [Wink]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Mayday, I have to say that you and Bernard are the most undisgustingly sweet couple I have ever seen, and that is saying a lot coming from a bitter hag like myself. Thanks for sharing your story.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Okay, for me, Hugs are in SUCH a different playing field than a kiss.

I wasn't a 'huggy' person until quite recently. But lately, I've come to realize that to many people, a hug - or even the less physical pat on the back - can be a great comfort and a well-needed release. I'll hug people that I have no desire to kiss at all .

I agree with this ONE HUNDRED percent!!! I hug people all the time, just ask the 'Rackers who know me in person. [Wink]

And Mayday, that is one of the most beautifully sweet stories I've ever heard. *hugs Mayday and Bernard* I almost started crying, that's so precious.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
MayDay and Bernard really are adorable perfect together. Sweet to each other, fun to be with, and they light up in each others' presence. Warmed my soul, seeing them did.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*is totally glad this thread was resurrected* [Smile]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
We really enjoyed Bernard and Mayday, too. They are so warm and comfortable together.

Yaay for happy couples and warm memories.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I could add some good stories...

....but since Ivygirl reads posts here at Hatrack, I think I will refrain.

I'll leave this to you youngsters in love, and just be a spectator/reader.

Farmgirl

[ August 26, 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Mayday: Oh the magic! That was beautiful!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Made even more magical by the fact that you got engaged on the birthday of Fox Mulder...and myself! Such a magical day. : D
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl, I think your omission is a great loss to the thread. But I understand. [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been kissed since I posted in this thread last, so no new stories, but in the spirit of it...

One of my favorite first kisses was in a refrigerator. [Smile]

[ August 26, 2004, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing]

Kat. In a fridge? Plese, tell me more!

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
A FRIDGE?

Wow. Mormons play wierd versions of seven minutes in heaven.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to figure out if it was an abandonded refridgerator laying on the side of a creekbank somewhere, or like a giant wearhouse, or grocery store walk-in fridge.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pirate_Smith
Member # 4780

- posted      Profile for Dread Pirate_Smith   Email Dread Pirate_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never kissed anyone in a fridge. Kudos on being unique.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
*echoes everything everyone else said about how perfect Mayday and Bernard are*
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
We hugged, I kissed him on the cheek and left.

It was not a romantic kiss.

But it was a moment I'll value and remember, because he is a true friend.

[Smile]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
After three years, I'd settle for that sort of kiss.
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
*wonders if the recipient of Kama's non-romantic-kiss was a Jatraquero*
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
the last first kiss i had was last night.. ugh.. smokers aren't the most delightful to kiss when you've never done so before. *shakes it off* Ewwness..

-Jack Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
So was it... smoking?! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
*glares at you with a plain face* ... extremely..

-Jack

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

*bump*
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Corwin, you are a genious.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see this thread the first time around. Wow. And now, I'm gonna tell you my story.

It started with a trip with a layover in Hong kong for 11 hours, then there was the whole marriage proposal and plans and such.

And then I arrived in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Departed plane, went through immigration, then customs, where there were many men with big guns, and stepped through the ginourmous empty lobby through a set of doors where Fahim was waiting for me. This is the first time we ever laid eyes on each other in real life, and we'd met online barely two months before that. Luggage in the trolly, crowds around us, we kissed for the first time.

Five minutes later - maybe longer - the guard insisted that we stop blocking traffic and move on out. Less than eight hours later, we were married. [Kiss]

I'd have to guess that the kiss was worth it. [Big Grin]

Edited because I really really hate repeating myself. Edited because I really really really hate repeating myself.

[ February 25, 2005, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: quidscribis ]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Anna: Or just searching for a kiss... [Wink]
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
On the cheek, no problem, Corwin : [Kiss]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My last first kiss
Member # 6326

- posted      Profile for My last first kiss           Edit/Delete Post 
I was just remembering this thread and figured I'd ressurect it to see if we can get some new stories.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
What, my story isn't good enough?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Unlikely to get any new stories from me. [Smile]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, quid your links don't work anymore. I wanted to hear those stories.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
b boy
Member # 9587

- posted      Profile for b boy   Email b boy         Edit/Delete Post 
my first kiss was in grade 7. we'd planned it all out. every night for about a week or two before it happened, we would talk on the phone and sweet talk about what type of gum we wanted to be chewing and where we were going to do it, how it would be done.. all very scientific and typical capricorn. but it was very sweet because i would get told how beautiful i was all the time, and we were both so eager to do it but really too shy about it for a long time. there was a lot of quiet blushing going on on my end of the phone.

then on the Big Day, we were about to do it and being so awkwardly cute about it with the feet shuffling and the looking at the shoes... but then i noticed a ball of spit on my beloved's chin that just sat there staring at me, and i at it... the big event turned into a little peck and it was all very anti-climactic. yeah, i broke it off after that for reasons i didn't understand until now but the build up was so sweet i guess it didn't matter that the actual event was pretty lame.

Posts: 58 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm only about 10 posts away from landmark territory and somewhere in this thread way back when, I said that it would be my landmark. So you'll just have to wait.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
My first and last kiss was during a game of Truth or Dare at high school. It was Passover and I had brought the ever popular, matza with egg salad combo with me to lunch. . I didn't want to kiss this particular girl so I stuffed my mouth full of food to discourage such behavior.

She french-kissed me, her tongue trying to get past the wall of teeth that had come down whilst I tried not to gag.

I honestly think that's the cause of my non-kissyness. I'll cuddle and nuzzle like nobody's business though... [Wink]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
We were sitting on the couch, and we'd just finished watching some TV-on-DVD (Freaks and Geeks). We sat there for a while afterwards, and just talked, and looked at each other.

There came a moment when she said, playfully, "I bet you can't make me laugh."

"Yes I can," I said.

"No, no you can't."

I kissed her. I didn't even think about it. I just ...did it.

She was surprised, and giggled. Then she realized she had laughed. I had won. "That wasn't fair," she said.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said. And then I kissed her again.

This time, the kiss was returned.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to write it out, but yup, not happening.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Okay, have updated links. [Big Grin]

First, there was the Eleven Hour Tour. Then there was the Dear Hatrack, I'm Moving to Sri Lanka and Getting Married thread. Then there was the Laurie and Fahim Story, the Good Parts Version.

JennaDean
Member # 8816

Oh, Quid, I'm all misty now.

And I learned something new: I never knew you were raised Mennonite. Or was it just raised among Mennonites? Either way it was interesting.

My last first kiss. I'll have to think about that for a while before I write it. But this is a fun thread.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

No, not raised Mennonite.

My parents were both raised Mennonite and they both rejected that religion. When they got married, the deal was to move 400 miles in any direction - away from the Mennonites, which they did.

You could say that I was raised in a culturally Mennonite home, but not religiously Mennonite. If that makes sense?

Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was in kindergarten I was kissed by this boy on the cheek. I was the only person that was nice to him. Everyone else teased him and i actually lost friends when I stuck up for him. It was the last day and we were watching a video and he leaned in and kissed my cheek. I was too embarrassed to do anything but just look straight ahead, but I was touched.

I know some might not count it because it was not on the lips but that is far better then my real first kiss.

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read all six pages, so maybe the discussion topic has changed and I'm being annoyingly over-literal here, but I feel the overwhelming need to observe that I think the stories should be about your LAST first kiss - as in, the last time you kissed someone for the first time. Which for me is the same thing, but for most people is not. You know?

[Hat]

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

Just remembering the exception:
quote:
If the last one is not terribly memorable, but there is another one you remember that was, then please, for all our benefit, tell both. [Smile]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay, Lissa, we love you even though you are annoyingly over-literal. [Kiss]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
The last kiss I had was with a girl wearing a burger king crown. I met her at a bar, asked if she was a princess, and went from there. Perhaps not magical or anything but there it is.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday with a girl I hadn't seen since school let out.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.