FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Your last first kiss (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Your last first kiss
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
*glares at you with a plain face* ... extremely..

-Jack

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Corwin, you are a genious.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see this thread the first time around. Wow. And now, I'm gonna tell you my story.

It started with a trip with a layover in Hong kong for 11 hours, then there was the whole marriage proposal and plans and such.

And then I arrived in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Departed plane, went through immigration, then customs, where there were many men with big guns, and stepped through the ginourmous empty lobby through a set of doors where Fahim was waiting for me. This is the first time we ever laid eyes on each other in real life, and we'd met online barely two months before that. Luggage in the trolly, crowds around us, we kissed for the first time.

Five minutes later - maybe longer - the guard insisted that we stop blocking traffic and move on out. Less than eight hours later, we were married. [Kiss]

I'd have to guess that the kiss was worth it. [Big Grin]

Edited because I really really hate repeating myself. Edited because I really really really hate repeating myself.

[ February 25, 2005, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: quidscribis ]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Anna: Or just searching for a kiss... [Wink]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
On the cheek, no problem, Corwin : [Kiss]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My last first kiss
Member # 6326

- posted      Profile for My last first kiss           Edit/Delete Post 
I was just remembering this thread and figured I'd ressurect it to see if we can get some new stories.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
What, my story isn't good enough?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Unlikely to get any new stories from me. [Smile]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, quid your links don't work anymore. I wanted to hear those stories.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
b boy
Member # 9587

- posted      Profile for b boy   Email b boy         Edit/Delete Post 
my first kiss was in grade 7. we'd planned it all out. every night for about a week or two before it happened, we would talk on the phone and sweet talk about what type of gum we wanted to be chewing and where we were going to do it, how it would be done.. all very scientific and typical capricorn. but it was very sweet because i would get told how beautiful i was all the time, and we were both so eager to do it but really too shy about it for a long time. there was a lot of quiet blushing going on on my end of the phone.

then on the Big Day, we were about to do it and being so awkwardly cute about it with the feet shuffling and the looking at the shoes... but then i noticed a ball of spit on my beloved's chin that just sat there staring at me, and i at it... the big event turned into a little peck and it was all very anti-climactic. yeah, i broke it off after that for reasons i didn't understand until now but the build up was so sweet i guess it didn't matter that the actual event was pretty lame.

Posts: 58 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm only about 10 posts away from landmark territory and somewhere in this thread way back when, I said that it would be my landmark. So you'll just have to wait.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
My first and last kiss was during a game of Truth or Dare at high school. It was Passover and I had brought the ever popular, matza with egg salad combo with me to lunch. . I didn't want to kiss this particular girl so I stuffed my mouth full of food to discourage such behavior.

She french-kissed me, her tongue trying to get past the wall of teeth that had come down whilst I tried not to gag.

I honestly think that's the cause of my non-kissyness. I'll cuddle and nuzzle like nobody's business though... [Wink]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
We were sitting on the couch, and we'd just finished watching some TV-on-DVD (Freaks and Geeks). We sat there for a while afterwards, and just talked, and looked at each other.

There came a moment when she said, playfully, "I bet you can't make me laugh."

"Yes I can," I said.

"No, no you can't."

I kissed her. I didn't even think about it. I just ...did it.

She was surprised, and giggled. Then she realized she had laughed. I had won. "That wasn't fair," she said.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said. And then I kissed her again.

This time, the kiss was returned.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to write it out, but yup, not happening.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Okay, have updated links. [Big Grin]

First, there was the Eleven Hour Tour. Then there was the Dear Hatrack, I'm Moving to Sri Lanka and Getting Married thread. Then there was the Laurie and Fahim Story, the Good Parts Version.

JennaDean
Member # 8816

Oh, Quid, I'm all misty now.

And I learned something new: I never knew you were raised Mennonite. Or was it just raised among Mennonites? Either way it was interesting.

My last first kiss. I'll have to think about that for a while before I write it. But this is a fun thread.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

No, not raised Mennonite.

My parents were both raised Mennonite and they both rejected that religion. When they got married, the deal was to move 400 miles in any direction - away from the Mennonites, which they did.

You could say that I was raised in a culturally Mennonite home, but not religiously Mennonite. If that makes sense?

Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was in kindergarten I was kissed by this boy on the cheek. I was the only person that was nice to him. Everyone else teased him and i actually lost friends when I stuck up for him. It was the last day and we were watching a video and he leaned in and kissed my cheek. I was too embarrassed to do anything but just look straight ahead, but I was touched.

I know some might not count it because it was not on the lips but that is far better then my real first kiss.

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read all six pages, so maybe the discussion topic has changed and I'm being annoyingly over-literal here, but I feel the overwhelming need to observe that I think the stories should be about your LAST first kiss - as in, the last time you kissed someone for the first time. Which for me is the same thing, but for most people is not. You know?

[Hat]

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

Just remembering the exception:
quote:
If the last one is not terribly memorable, but there is another one you remember that was, then please, for all our benefit, tell both. [Smile]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay, Lissa, we love you even though you are annoyingly over-literal. [Kiss]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
The last kiss I had was with a girl wearing a burger king crown. I met her at a bar, asked if she was a princess, and went from there. Perhaps not magical or anything but there it is.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday with a girl I hadn't seen since school let out.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.