FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Black List for Newcomers, because Hatrack just ain't welcoming enough (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Black List for Newcomers, because Hatrack just ain't welcoming enough
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to stop derailing Amka's thread, so I have started a new one.

Newcomers should post here and admit that only posters who agree with me (an old-timer) should be allowed to post on this forum.

How come *I* am not on the black list?

I will make a New New Year's Resolution to be far more inflammatory and um...posty. I don't post often enough to make a bad impression. I Resolve to fix that, starting NOW!

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*points at jexx's postcount* LURKER!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

ROFLMAO

I knew someone would point that out.

[Grumble]

I was pretty sure it would be you, rivka.

[Kiss]

Or mack. mack likes to pick on me.

[Cry]

Enjoying the graemlins today, it's a snow day don'tcha know?

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
That was actually *my* next question--why am I not on the blacklist? Also, WHO is putting out this blacklist?

Come on. Fess up, Verbatim. You're just joking.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

DRAT! I'm predictable! [No No]

I should be blacklisted! [Eek!]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
<--- confused

Which thread is this a reply to?

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
join the crowd!
[Party]

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not a Danite
Member # 6185

- posted      Profile for Not a Danite           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, believe me, you're all on a list.

And one of these days...

Posts: 9 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, what Icarus said. What are you guys talking about?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Ooh, a long list! So, does this mean you won't be talking to a whole lot of Hatrackers?

Any way I can get on this list?

BannaOj
Member # 3206

http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=022333;p=3

Starts here.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

Silly Verbatim. There is lots of bandwidth on this here forum. And you could always delete it when everyone read the list.

It's a long list, you say? Doesn't sound very 'clique-y'. If it is a very large group of people, that would be the majority, wouldn't it?

Every board has a group of active members who post a lot and have a rapport. The only way to break into that rapport is to post a lot and have excellent discussion with members. This doesn't mean that a person is not going to be 'allowed' to post unless this person 'agrees with certain members on the list'.

Preposterous.

There's NO WAY a person is going to be able to agree with everyone on your mysterious list, they can't even agree with *each other*. Sheesh, man, have you never READ this forum? It's seething with differing opinions. It's fabulous!

MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
*Wonder's why no one ever points at my post count and screams lurker*
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*puts head in hands* Guys, I swear that (1) I'm nice in person, and (2) that's really me. I mean, I guess the Wrath of Katie thing is me, too, but it's mostly a defensive reaction. For most of my life, if I didn't defend myself, it didn't happen.

This is not directed at the alleged newbie who is an obvious troll; this is in general.

[ March 17, 2004, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*hugs kat*

Oh wait... according to Verbatim I'm hugging myself!
[Wink]
AJ

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a pretty new member (been posting on this side for 2 weeks), but I never got anything like that.

Verbatim -- if you deleted this non-secure attachment without reading it, how were you able to remember some of the names on it?

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're here to join a community, I would say this isn't the best way of going about it. If you're just looking to ruffle some feathers, you'll find that easy enough to do for a while.

quote:
They issued a warning to all new members to avoid interacting with members who derail the threads and accuse the new members of being old trolls to slander them, in such a way the old members ensure they are the only ones around and allow only those who already know them and agree with their ideas to be part of the forum.
If you believe this to be the case, why on earth would you even want to be a member of this community? Please use your brain and watch your tongue and you'll get a lot more friendly response.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

::looks for the Cedrios button::
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*sings*
"If I only had a brain..."

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

*hugs Banna* [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
If this is a joke, verbatim, it is a very poor one.

If this is an attempt to break up the forum, again, it is a very poor one because the idea of someone putting together a list, with descriptions of styles that includes even members who don't post here, is rather ridiculous.

If this is real, then the person who sent (edit: and created) that list has some serious problems on a number of levels.

There is just something not quite right with the whole thing.

[ March 17, 2004, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Amka ]

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

*hugs kat and AJ*

Now I feel like I am in the hugging thread. *grin* Wait! I started (well, re-started) that one too! At this rate, I am *definitely* going on a black list.

kat, I haven't always agreed with you, but I have always liked you. There, I've said it. Enough mushy cr@p, I'm trying to get blacklisted here.

I'm also apparently trying to reach a landmark post. Durned Marriage is Good thread. Ruined two years of semi-demi-lurking.

[Grumble]

TroII
Member # 6099

- posted      Profile for TroII           Edit/Delete Post 
*looks at his copy of blacklist*

Yep, you're all responding just like "they" said you would.

Come on, Verb. Let's blow this joint and get some yogurt.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Yogurt. Oh dear. The quality of trolls has seriously gone downhill.

*hugs jexx* [Razz] [Smile]

[ March 17, 2004, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
*cackles evilly* Welcome back, jexx.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Soon I'm going to have to employ the time honord landmark procrastination method and go back to Banna_Oj. Though I believe having an underscore in ones name is considered sacrilicious according to the Book of Bob 5:12

AJ

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
What's with all the obvious lying lately? That's it. I'm leaving Hatrack.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ask other new members if they have received the same, mine contained also a non-secure attachment, therefore I thought it safer to delete it.
Who could we ask? Hhhmmmm.

Let's ask OSC_fan. I bet if anyone else got it, he did.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
Verbatim, if you want to troll, go here where that has become pretty much the purpose of the site. You are not fooling anyone here, and you will probably get more bites over there anyway.

Also, was I on the blacklist? I need validation.

Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you kidding, Amka? This is GREAT!

Some of Hatrack's funniest moments come in response to trolls. It's a time for everyone to post whatever the hell they want to and not walk on eggshells. I often feel like I should be thanking them for providing me with so many laughs.

So, vertbatum, so far you've made my day a better day. I almost hope you stick around [Big Grin]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

BtL, that's kind of why I made this thread. I didn't want the Marriage thread derailed, but I was interested in how far Verbatim would tap-dance to assert his/her claims.

Plus, I want to see the black list.

Oh, and Danzig, I'll put you on my green list if you like (in honor of St. Patrick's Day). I will even put a little smiley face in the 'i' of your name.

*wink*

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I only called for things to end after I found out that I wasn't blacklisted. I mean, I did call Ms. Fan the wankiest wanker who ever wanked. She quoted me and everything! We had something special going.

Now she doesn't write, she doesn't call, she doesn't blacklist me. You think you know someone...

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
*crosses fingers*

Gee I hope I am on the black list!

heh, the thought of Kat and Tom being the same person, or even having a shared agenda makes me laugh [ROFL] .

Pleas tell me I am Verb...

[ March 17, 2004, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

[Laugh] BtL

I still love the "wankiest wanker that ever wanked" line.

You're the bestest.

*puts Bob the Lawyer on the green list, making the 'o' in Bob into a happy face*

MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I on the list? How can I get a copy of the list?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just amused that kat and I were, according to Verbatim, two of the "most recent" names on the list.

I mean, who else did they have on there? Richard Berg? John Binder? D. Michael Martindale? Maybe Annie, as Morgan Majors? [Smile]

Seriously, though, we should MAKE a list. *grin*

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Way ahead of you...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
When I think of someone taking the time to make a Hatrack Blacklist, I picture Dustin Hoffman in Rainman.

OW! OW! UH-OH!

Serious emotional injury list, newbie:

Slash, #47 in 2003- Threatened to digest me.
mack, #81 in 2002- Stuck up her middle finger at me.
kat, #3 in 2003- Gave me virtual wedgie
Tom, #119 in 2002- Grinned condescendingly at me.
Lalo, #22 in 2004- Called me a Bush-loving ignoramus.
Icarus, #8 in 2004- Made me feel inferior for not having been to Disney World.
Bob_Scopatz, #1 in 2002- Told better joke than me.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*hugs kat*

Oh wait... according to Verbatim I'm hugging myself!

[Wink]

AJ

That is blatant self-love... another onanism rears its ugly... um... you know. No wonder you guys are on that list. Corrupting minds to know end. [No No] Shame on all of you... I mean you. [Evil Laugh]

Kinda wondered about Verbatim and the infamous black list ever since I read this line: respected member of hatrack. From what I've seen, anyone respected in this group would have the hutzpah to make that list public and not sneak around sending a silly black list to newbies. Kind of ironic... someone claiming those on a list of subversive behavior actually performing subversive behavior by sending out such a list. Strangeness.

[ March 17, 2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: larisse ]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

That, and any list that can include Kat, BannaOj, and TomD can only have been made by OSC-Fan, who was hardly a respected member.

-o-

And if there was really a list out there, it would eventually get leaked. Not every newcomer hates all oldtimers. One of the cool newbies would share it.

-o-

And Verbatim didn't save the e-mail because of an unverified attachment, but (s)he did open it to read it?

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a "human being" list, and that's the happening list to be on. The NOT happening lists to be on are the imposter human lists people have been trying to start recently. [No No]

Oh yeah, and if Verbatim is OSC-fan, (s)he is probably all mad because we're onto him/her AGAIN. That makes me laugh.

[ March 17, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get an email about the black list, so I must not be on it. Am I at least human?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

I admit guys, I sent Verb the list. I just secretly hate some of you and am building a cabal to stand against both the liberal and conservative ones!

It consists of somewhat lame newbies who are willing to look up at me as their god on earth. We are somewhat small now, but slowly taking over hatrack!

We were set back somewhat by OSC-fan leaving, but in his place two more lame newbies popped up! We're like heads on a hydra baby.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
PSI, how does one get on your human list? Am I on it?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I have only started it and I think there are five people on it so far. Don't worry, Zan. You're cool enough that you'll end up on it anyday now. Just keep amusing me.
lcarus
Member # 4395

[ROFL]
lcarus
Member # 4395

B

Would you look at that. My ass fell off.

Xavier
Member # 405

You know, "ridiculize" is my new favorite word.

I'm going to try and use it in a sentence today. Good going my most trusted minion!

Snuffles
Member # 4332

- posted      Profile for Snuffles   Email Snuffles         Edit/Delete Post 
::snerk::

Grrrrrr!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

It's at this point that I have decided OSC-fan is a veteran in disguise. Or at least not what (s)he seems.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.