FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cheer msquared up

Author Topic: Cheer msquared up
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I know Slash and some others will hate this, but this is not a veiled attempt to get attention. This is an overt attempt to get some attention. Something depressing happended last night/ this morning and I need cheering up. Nothing too serious in the scheme of life, but enough to get me blue.

All the ladies can form a line to the left to leave huggs and kisses.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
msquared is one of my favorite geometric functions.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to write msquared's name as MM. And also... ((((((MM))))))
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
*catty look*

*cubes msquared*

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Quit moping around and cheer up now, dammit! That's an order!
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

PSI

Actually, mcubed is my wifes logon here, Mrs. msquared.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
Think of a duck-billed Platypus playing golf underwater; that always cheers me up.
Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
So would Mr. and Mrs. msquared be the mtesseracts?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yeah.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* msquared. Your family is awesome. I know you can make it through this, whatever it is.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
tesseract explained

[Hail] zan

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

((((((msquared)))))))

I really hope it gets better for you. Honestly.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to remember swearing I'd refer to msquared as 1/3m^3 + c from that point on. I never did stick to it though.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [Laugh] BtL
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
What about all the dudes? Should we form a line to the right for high-fives?

Speaking of which, did you see the one hundredth Strong Bad Email? And the spring break episode of Teen Girl Squad?

Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Ladies,

Lots of hugs but no kisses. What's going on? Having problems following instructions? Line forms to the left.

msquared

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Figures you'd find that funny, AJ, it is a little risque. I mean, mcubed is msquared's wife and an integral is the area under a curve...
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheer up.

Don't Worry, be happy.

Were are those singing smiley faces with the bare behinds we had around here somewhere.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

<--is afraid of mcubed. [Angst]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I only give people who are named like math functions chaste kisses on the cheek. (chaste kiss on the cheek)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
In sixth grade I took a class from somebody named Mr. Wagner. I forget what the class was called, but I do remember that it had something to do with design and layout (on a sixth grade level). The name was something like Media and Marketing (Except with words that had something to do with design/layout). What always got my goat was that they called it M^2 or "Msquared" instead of 2M.

In my limited sixth grade experience, I still knew that M + M wasn't M^2.

In any case, I hope you cheer up soon.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

No way, Nato. Media and Marketing wouldn't result in M + M. When they join forces, each is multiplied by the other, exponentially. Ergo, M squared. If neither had an effect on the other I might agree with you.

[Big Grin]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss] m2

Even though you do have totally wrong ideas about barbeques.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Jeni has the right idea.

Now what idea do I have wrong about barbeques?

msquared

Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Msquared.

I have never felt an overwhelming urge to drive to your house and beat you with a pipe until you bleed from all your pores.

That's gotta be worth something.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

m2, round? round? Retro-boy R U. Just bring out your leisure suit and you'll have the whole ensemble.

Real men of the 21st century use gas, supplemented by charcoal to get the right flavor, on a beautiful stainless steel rectangular grill with optional rotissary forks.

Oh, and [Kiss]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Jeni

Except for the pathetic gas comment I agree. I have always been a proponent of the square grill.

I have stated loudly and many times my undying hatred of all round grills.

msquared

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
<--- is not only already bbq'ing, but taking dips in the pool here in sunny Florida.

Oh sorry, we're supposed to be cheering you up.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss]
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

[Kiss] m2

In that case, round grills are the only way to go. I don't know why people even mess with these newfangled gadgets. Once you acheive perfection, why even continue? After all, steaks are not *square*, they're rounded, so logic dictates they would naturally cook better on a round grill.

Besides, there's something so fashionable about being on the retro side of things.

jeniwren
Member # 2002

[Razz] @ Zan
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I would really try to "cheer" you up, but I look quite pathetic in a cheer leader uniform.

I can give you my High School Cheer--

"Sock'em in the Gut.
Throw em in the mud.
We wanna see
Some blood, blood, blood!!!!"

Surpringly, I didn't go to a Catholic school.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

GAH! I can't find this quote and I am afraid to misquote it, does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

On King of the Hill, I think Hank and Kahn are arguing about mesquite versus propane or something and Kahn says that mesquite gives him "nice taste of wood." Then Hank says "I like propane. Gives ME nice taste of MEAT."

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

No, but either is better than having a nice taste of Gas.
msquared
Member # 4484

I have seen the episode you are talking about. Hank and Peggy end up grilling nude. Not a pretty sight or a safe activity.

Gas has a smell to it.

Charcoal is the way to go.

Jeni, are you being contrary?

Of course if any of you join Ornery you are invited to OrneryCon in June at my house. I already have 7 members of Ornery showing up

msquared

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Yep, charcoal is the best.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((M²)))))

BtL, I am shocked at your lack of integrity.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

quote:
Jeni, are you being contrary?
No. What a silly question.

[Kiss] m2

So, are you feeling better?

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss]

Poor baby.
[Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Gee. Such despair and agony is surely worth a [Kiss]

Poor, poor -

Here's the "cheer" from my dad's school days (a loooong time ago):

Sis, boom, bah
kick 'em in the rah
Sis boom bass
Kick 'em in the other rah.

(Public school, small country community, predominantly LDS)

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd give ya a kiss Msquared, but ummm, I dunno where you've been...
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
*Gets in line on the left. Whoops, wrong left! [Blushing] Switches lines. [Blushing] Taps foot inpatiently.*
(((M˛))) [Kiss]

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Thanks to all the lovely ladies for the hugs and smooches.

Even though my team lost in double overtime last night, I am in a better mood today. Maybe because I am going to see a zombie movie tonight. Blood and guts always has a way of cheering me up. [Smile]

msquared

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

What a great idea for a movie---

"Zombie Cheerleaders"

Oh, wait, they made that movie, but they called it "Bring it on."

skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
Chin up. If it makes you feel better, I'm going to have that song from Charlotte's web stuck in my head all day. [The Wave] This guys are actually doing chin ups. That's a stage move I've never seen before. A line of synchronized chin ups. What do you think, 7 or 8 male gymnasts doing their horizontal bar routines in a choreographed manner? Probably had in on Cirque de Solei already.

p.s. Another reason I've never really liked the French. You aren't french, are you? Well, who isn't to a tiny degree. I'm less than 10% French.

[ March 19, 2004, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: skrika03 ]

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.