FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey dkw, what's this Methodist Lesbian Trial all about? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hey dkw, what's this Methodist Lesbian Trial all about?
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps to lay some groundwork before going into the GC.

As a Methodist, I do believe that my denomination, if anything tries to bend over backwards to be as fair on every subject as it can. I've always felt we were encouraged to pause, sit quietly and listen for that small, soft voice inside of us.

Myself, for one, wishes I was better able to do that.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Linky

While I don't personally support homosexuality, I do think a democratically (more or less) run church needs to be free to determine its own fate. I feel for this minister, it seems hers was a test case to clarify matters for the church.

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiger Eye
Member # 6353

- posted      Profile for Tiger Eye           Edit/Delete Post 
i hope that this all works out well for her...i'd hate to know that someone was put on trial for who they love.
Posts: 30 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
NPR reported her cleared of charges and free to resume her ministerial duties this morning.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scuzzball
Member # 6355

- posted      Profile for Scuzzball   Email Scuzzball         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And add that very few people on either side of the issue are “scuzzballs.”
Oh yeah?

[Razz]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.