FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » the fluffy threed that was going to be a debate about Bush

Author Topic: the fluffy threed that was going to be a debate about Bush
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Enough with the fluff threads. I joined to hear debates, so here is one. Is there really a village in Texas missing it's idiot. My answer is yes. Bush should have lived up to his promises, when he didn’t, he lost the conservative votes, but gained the liberal votes. Now he is wanting to permanently ban gay marriage, this looses the liberal vote. So here he is, an idiot with no support.

[ March 18, 2004, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: J T Stryker ]

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
It's about time someone started a thread about Bush.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think he has done ANYTHING to gain liberal votes. What are you talking about?

And if you mean his spending more than any president ever has, and at the same time LOWERING taxes, you've got to be kidding me. No liberal wants that!

And I think he should lose every fiscal conservative. He's been the most fiscally irresposible president in history.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite type of bush is Pyracantha coccinea. It’s pretty.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, this looks more like it has the makings of a fluff post than a thread that's going to encourage serious debate.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He's been the most fiscally irresposible president in history.
Amen to that, but he was gaining libral support with his tax cuts.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Some bushes have fluffy leaves.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

hey bob, don't corrupt my thread already
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a bush once.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
And my eyebrows are bushy.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

and i thought my sister was anoying [Wall Bash]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Oooh - I think Igea makes a little electric doo-hickey for that.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
What, exactly, is a bush? I mean, does it have a certain bushy density it must achieve?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

It would hurt less if you banged your head into a bush.

Unless the bush had thorns. That would hurt some.

Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard any of their albums. Are they any good?
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

so much for inteligent conversation [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash]
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Sixteen Stone was an EXCELLENT album. The next one wasn't great though, and no idea what happened to them.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Since we are all enjoying our computers in this forum, I think it's awfully nice of you to have thought of Bush. I'm glad we're not taking him for granted.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
has anyone ever seen an episode of "That's my Bush?"
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee, My grandfather Sam Bush grew them espaliered on the front of his porch. They smell really good, too. One of my favorite childhood memories is standing on the smooth hot sidewalk in bare feet smelling the pyracantha.

Rain (Bush)

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong Stryker
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelily
Member # 6298

- posted      Profile for angelily   Email angelily         Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like to mention that Bush, the President (unfortunately) not a bush plant bush, has a strong resemblance to a monkey. I saw a picture of him on CNN, and with his arms at his side just kind of hanging there, he really did look like one. Is it just me?
Posts: 58 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhilipTraum
Member # 6331

- posted      Profile for PhilipTraum   Email PhilipTraum         Edit/Delete Post 
No, it's not just you, angelily.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Bush for all those feel a yearning to know the actual real true definition of one.

It's actually interesting, apparantly a bush used to be another name for a pub. Hmmm!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe everyone would stay on track more if they knew what a threed was?
Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
You need to have something specific about Bush you want to talk about. "Let's bash Bush" isn't going to make for intellectual conversation, even if you do give reasons for wanting to bash him.

Personally, I think Bush is using gay marriage to cover up the fact he hasn't done anything about abortion. Why exactly did this suddenly become such a huge issue? I mean it's an election year, but isn't he going to lose more votes than he'll gain by pushing this?

I live in a very liberal city, so it's sort of hard for me to comprehend a large percentage of people opposing gay marriage. Do they? Will this be an issue that independents will change their vote for? I sort of assumed that only people who were already republicans would agree with Bush on this.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Another example of the careening train flying madly off the tracks that is Hatrack.

[Smile] Derailment in positive action.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

See, if real life were like this, there wouldn't be so many wars.

"Hey, let's have a war!"

"<insert witty replies causing distraction and derailment>"

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
so much for inteligent conversation
I'm sorry. I didn't realize name-calling was considered intelligent conversation.
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Good grief! If you want a serious debate, don't post in a thread that has fluffy in the title.

On the other hand, if it said "serious" in the title, it just would have invited more fluff.

More fluff, fluff for everybody, fluffy trees and bushes...

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

the title was "Bush" until it was currupted with fluff. now i'm just letting it die
Shlomo
Member # 1912

- posted      Profile for Shlomo   Email Shlomo         Edit/Delete Post 
For the record, boys and girls, you do not kill starfish by cutting off their legs. THEY GROW BACK. Please remember and internalize this fact.
Posts: 755 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but I don't eat starfish. :vomit smiley:
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Some people IRL call me Patrick Starfish.
Teshi
Member # 5024

Because you can cut off your legs and they grow back?

[Confused]

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Yes.

That and my name is Patrick.

And my IQ level is close to his.

Teshi
Member # 5024

Charming.
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

**burninates Teshi**
Teshi
Member # 5024

You know, that is the first time I have been burninated.

Heh. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Charming.
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh look, a charming starfish!
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

**Burninates imogen**
Patrick the Starfish
Member # 6365

- posted      Profile for Patrick the Starfish           Edit/Delete Post 
Can I get burninated too?
Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

I spend my entire life being mocked. People tell me I'm funny because they like to mock me. [Roll Eyes]

*cuts off Patrick the Starfish's leg*

EDIT: was going to change this because it's so awful...

[ March 23, 2004, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Patrick the Starfish
Member # 6365

You're so funny, Teshi.

OUCH! MY LEG! MY LEG!

IT HURTS! THE PAIN!

**grows new leg**

[Cool]

Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

*shakes head*
Tiger Eye
Member # 6353

- posted      Profile for Tiger Eye           Edit/Delete Post 
has anyone ever tried starfish sushi? do they make it?
Posts: 30 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick the Starfish
Member # 6365

Stupid Tiger eye.

Like, duh.

[ March 23, 2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Patrick the Starfish ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.