FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is there to do in Baton Rouge?

Author Topic: What is there to do in Baton Rouge?
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I mean, really. Because a friend of mine wants to go there during my spring break.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kinglear
Member # 6211

- posted      Profile for kinglear   Email kinglear         Edit/Delete Post 
Q: What is there to do in Baton Rouge
A: Get a car and drive to New Orleans

Posts: 100 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
She lives in New Orleans...
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kinglear
Member # 6211

hmm,, well i guessi should have read the user profile.. I will now attempt to firmly lodge my foot into my mouth...

ahem... *draws leg back, swings, connects, realizes that the sole of his shoe tastes like cat litter*

oops...

Posts: 100 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, she can turn the hell around and drive back to New Orleans...
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Yeah. I'd much rather stay here, but one of his friends told him that Baton Rouge is just _so_ cool. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kinglear
Member # 6211

I've spent the night in both places,, and I must say that in N.O. its alot easier to find fun things to do.... thought i guess you know that...

hey, you're a student in NO? you go to tulane?

Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
go to the top of the state capital

roll down the indian mounds at LSU

Visit the Louisiana Museum of Arts and Sciences-go to the IMAX Planetarium there-there's only six of those in the world.

Tour the USS KIDD, its pretty cool

Walk along the levy

Watch the incredible LSU speech and debate team rehearse [Wink]

gamble

go on swamp tours

And having been both places, I am forced to say-I WAAAAAY prefer Baton Rouge.

[ March 22, 2004, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Toretha ]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I go to Loyola, actually.

He's coming to visit for a week, so I'm sure we'll have time to go out there to Baton Rouge for a couple of days.

pH
Member # 1350

*bump*

In case anybody at work today has any ideas.

Maybe I'll try to talk him into going to Pensacola Beach, instead. Actually, what sorts of places are fun to go to that are within 5 hours' driving distance of New Orleans?

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
LSU is a professional party school. I'm sure you'll find something, or, hey, maybe someone to do there.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Thnikkaman
Member # 6330

- posted      Profile for The Thnikkaman   Email The Thnikkaman         Edit/Delete Post 
Find the red stick.

[ March 22, 2004, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: The Thnikkaman ]

Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, one of HIS friends told HIM it was a cool place? And according to Hatrack there's nothing to do there but turn around and go back to where you started?

Heh. I can think of something he's probably thinking of *doing* during his stay...

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

[ROFL] Bob.

Well, his _other_ bright idea was to rent a car and drive to Tampa. I don't like that plan, either.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.