FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Tom...post in here next!!!

Author Topic: Hey Tom...post in here next!!!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

If I got this right, you and I have the same post count. I'm going on a trip tomorrow, so you'll be the post leader again, perhaps by a huge amount as I'm going to be off doing some very important stuff and won't have time to post at all.

But I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how much I've come to admire your mind and spirit here at Hatrack and to recognize, once again, that my higher count is not indicative of higher quality. Not by a long shot.

You are the man!

And I've enjoyed following you for all this time.

Can't wait to actually meet you, and Christy and meet your new little one!

[Hail] Tom

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
You've passed him, Bob.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob is officially one post past Tom.

This is a moment of sublime Zen in the history of Hatrack...

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm going to be off doing some very important stuff
*hmmm... wonders if it is trip to Iowa*

*snicker*

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

twinky, I know exactly what you mean.

This is very solemn. A changing of the guard has taken place, and even the birds calm and quiet in reverence of the moment.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Zen-like moment? Zen-like moment?!

Look, you two (three, counting Twinky): I had come to adjust to existing in a Hatrack universe where there were certain immutable truths. Things like homosexuality threads, last-post threads, Mafia games, flip-offs, people being devoured, and Tom having the highest fricking post-count!

Well now that's just shot to hell and not even back. I mean, what's next? Will the sun set in the east, and the moon suddenly wane and wax instead of wax and wane?

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Rakeesh, love your post count.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm perfectly content to pass this particular mantle to Bob. I'm neither the oldest NOR the most prolific poster here, and it's always been kind of a statistical aberration that I happened to be, for a while, old enough and prolific enough to make the charts. *laugh*

I'm glad you're around, Scopatz. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, now you're equal again.

It is the eternal battle of Good vs. Evil

But who's evil?

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
You just did that so you could be tied, didn't you Tom?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*revels in grace of thread*

[Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] [Kiss] [Hail]

:another high quality post:

[Big Grin]

[ March 22, 2004, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Raises up a pint of ginger ale to Tom and Bob.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
<ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm>
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, thanks for pointing that out, Katie. Considering my last name is Fore, that was a pretty cool occassion. To think, I blew it on either a rant concerning Israel or Tom and Bob!

Curse you!

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Thnikkaman
Member # 6330

- posted      Profile for The Thnikkaman   Email The Thnikkaman         Edit/Delete Post 
*thinks Bob and Tom are just names used by the same committee to dominate Hatrack*
Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Rakeesh, what a darn shame!

[Razz]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Would that make Bob=kat or Bob=AJ?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hat_Bob
or
Bob_Rack

Kristine, could you get to work on the name change?

New logo too?

[Razz]

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
If Bob is either, DKW will be greatly disappointed.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Thnikkaman
Member # 6330

- posted      Profile for The Thnikkaman   Email The Thnikkaman         Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of takes your breath away, doesn't it, Rivka?

Dan, how do you think Bob and dkw met? Committee Meeting.

[ March 22, 2004, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: The Thnikkaman ]

Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daedalus
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Daedalus   Email Daedalus         Edit/Delete Post 
An era has come to an end...

Are Bob and Tom going to leave these shores?

Posts: 641 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
An era has come to an end...

Are Bob and Tom going to leave these shores?

Wait. So who had the third ring?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

anne kate, of course.
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] This is great. I love Hatrack!
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, definitely the wonderful Anne Kate Ard.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

♫♪♪Into the West

Ah...Annie Lennox...

You're too kind!

I'd like to thank all the little people...

[Wave] [Wave] [Wave] [Wave] [Wave] [Wave] [Wave] [Wave]

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Little people? How about us petite-deprived individuals?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Quiet "Long-shanks"!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob & Tom are the names of the owners of the company I work for. Bob & Tom dominate Hatrack. Hatrack & work dominate my time. Coincidence? I think not.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Back to work, solo! *glares*
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
*throws Bob a big celebratory party with lots of good food and wine*

*kisses Tom warmly*

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Thnikkaman
Member # 6330

What's amazing is that the Bob/Tom Committee actually hired scriptwriters from Days of Our Lives to come up with the current crop of romances, and leaned on them to make the romances come off as warm, lasting, and happy. That's how much clout they have.

Additionally, I have evidence that Hatrack is really housed on a K.A.M.A. 2100, owned and operated by---you guessed it---the Bob/Tom Committee.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Thanks Christy!

I haven't forgotten how nice it was being held by you during the Midwest gathering...nestled up to your lovely cheek!

Tom's a lucky man!

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
This is indeed a very history-changing thread:

In years to come, people will be asking, "Where were you when Bob passed Tom?"

[ March 22, 2004, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Thnikkaman
Member # 6330

As far away as possible. Not a pleasant sight.

[Angst]

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I was at a play rehersal, completely ignorant of what was happening, where were you?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so I really wanted to post this somewhere.

Bob, here's a celebratory treat for you!

[ROFL]

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Suneun, I'm in Atkins heaven!!!

[ROFL]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.