FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What ever happened to Legos? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What ever happened to Legos?
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
The legos site has the classic sets!

I can FINALLY get the castle sets I've wanted and asked for every christmas since I was small!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
And we FINALLY know what to send Jamie in bulk.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
So is there a Legos Legolas?
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the Bionicles.

They are seriously a kick in the pants. Dallin gets all of them, but I can honestly say that none of them are in their original form -- he destroys two to make one bigger one, then takes that one apart to make 3-4 others. And they look cool. And they have a pretty fun storyline.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.peeron.com/inv/theme/LEGO_SYSTEM/Space

Here you go Jon Boy!

They don't have every type of space figure, but that have tons.

Basically it helps you find sites that sell them. Something like 70% of the space toys have sites that can sell them to you.

Enjoy [Big Grin] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.bricklink.com/index.asp

WOW!

This one has every toy, and tons of them!

Both new and used [Smile] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Xavier, you are my Hatrack Hero of the Day.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=93108
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
You're so gay, Nathan.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

[ March 25, 2004, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Trogdor the Burninator ]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::winks at Trog::

Sorry, but Lalo has already claimed me, if you're looking.

I better tell my bishop right away.

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, remember Playmobils? You know, those cool things that mom would buy at the little independent toy store that didn't carry Barbie? Not only are they still around, but I found a set that is a hazmat crew!
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

**gives T-Smith a noogie for taking the joke in the right way**

Now run along, Sport.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
My first Legos was a set of red bricks, with a little window, and a door. And that was back when all the people had the same face.

I loved the space police!
My brothers and I would build bases (unfortunately mine looked all blocky and stupid), and little ships, and attack each other (and my brothers always won [Frown] )...it was so cool! [Cool]

quote:
Actually, I understand Lego makes a fine robotics kit to connect your motorized creations to your PC.

http://www.usfirst.org/jrobtcs/flego.htm
(but the REAL robotics is cooler... [Big Grin] )

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Suprised no one has posted this yet Lego Mugging and ...Article -minus pics

There were pics attached to the second article when I read it last week, mysteriously removed now. Strange happenings are afoot in LegoLand....

Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Playmobils? *shudders* The hazmat crew is hilarious, though.

And now I'm having entirely too much fun browsing around on Bricklink.com.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Playmobil rocks! I got them for my kids when they were little, and kept adding to the sets. The pirate ship is so cool. I am still collecting them myself now.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Feyd introduced me to the Escher lego structures a while back. Those are so cool.

Hey, Trogdor, would you be interested in a Bionicle board game? I might have one collecting dust.

Has anyone else seen the Lego Room episode of while you were out?

quote:
Beth's love of the small modular plastic toy has, to put it mildly, taken over her home. Apart from the couches, most of her living room furniture is made out of Lego, including a grandfather clock that took over two years to assemble.
link

Be sure to click on the little view link to see the room.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I was bummed when the NIMBYs succeeded in pushing Legoland out of Prince William County.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.