FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Could you lend me a hand?

Author Topic: Could you lend me a hand?
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A suicidal 23-year-old Maine, US, man who tried to crucify himself. The man phoned emergency services after nailing one hand to a homemade cross and then realising that he couldn't finish the crucifixion.
[Roll Eyes]

http://www.suntimes.co.za/2004/03/21/news/news15.asp

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you're going to eff something up, suicide is one of them.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
That's histerical
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Back in college, I took Set Construction as my fine art elective. During the obligatory "scare them to death" speech about the dangers of power tools, the professor told us about a man using a nail gun to assemble a door jam missing one of the pieces of wood and nailing his hand to the backing piece. They cut the wood out from the door and took him to the ER.

The doctor came in and looked, scratched his head, and left the room. He came back with two other doctors who looked puzzled.

Finally, one of them said, "Why didn't you stop hammering?"

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I spent two years working with nailguns and firing maybe 5,000 nails a day without accidents, but I had some close calls I'll tell ya.

My boss on the other hand, shot himself in the knee by accident, nailing two bones together.

The doctor in the ER literally used a hammer to take it out. Apparently its common enough of an accident that they keep a hammer in the ER [Smile] .

[ March 27, 2004, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phil Tice
Member # 6370

- posted      Profile for Phil Tice   Email Phil Tice         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I thought they were just making stuff up in Happy Gilmore.

-PT

Posts: 35 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.