FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is this weird, or what??

Author Topic: Is this weird, or what??
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine and I were going to a flower shop, so he could get a flower for his girlfriend, my roommate, when she returned from spring break. We came back from the shop and I realized that I didn't think I'd locked my door.

Well, when I got to the car, it was locked, so for the moment I thought that I was all right. Then I unlocked the door and got in the car... As I turned the car on and started pulling out, I felt a draft and started to panic. The window was rolled down!!

I checked all over my car, trunk, back seat, everything... I almost had a minor panic attack, exacerbated by a pained throat.. (One of my TKD friends felt it would be OK to choke me during a pillow fight. I feel the need to attack his weak point, such as his fear of things touching his eyes... [Laugh] [Eek!] ) Anyway... There was nothing there..

Is it not weird that someone would go into my car just to roll the windows down? I was thinking I maybe interrupted them, but I didn't see any activity when we came up to the car, and I'd taken my purse in with me, thankfully. I was thinking of leaving it in the car... Although then I'd probably have locked it.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you left your lights on, and they opened the window to shut off the lights? But why would they need to open the window?

Your registration was still there?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I keep my drawer-thingy locked.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
One time when I got back to the car from the zoo with my niece, I noticed the window was partially down that I had left up. That was weird! And the carseat was GONE! I was so bummed! Someone stole our carseat out of the zoo parking lot. When I got inside (I had sort of a hard time getting the key to work in the door) I immediately rolled up the window. After all, there were thieves about. Then I noticed that they'd left a stick shift in place of my automatic transmission, too.

So we laughed, locked that car up, and got in our OWN car, a Honda Accord of the same color and model several spots down, carseat intact. I wonder if, when they returned, they were very puzzled at how their window got rolled up? But after all, I felt I should protect them from the thieves. [Smile]

[ March 28, 2004, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: aka ]

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

That's a great story, aka.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

ha ha!!!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

LOL! Something like that happened to me about a month ago...

I was renting movies and since my driver's side door doesn't lock, with the electronic lock or the key, I never press the button, I depend on my passenger to be in charge of whether the passenger side door is locked. My best friend, who was with me, has major trouble keeping the door locked.

So we finished with our movies and were going to put them in the car and go to the grocery store a few doors down. When I got to the car, I opened the door... It was unlocked. Lecturing my friend, I put the movies in the car and locked it. Shutting the door, I realized... PANIC!!! My laptop was no longer in the back seat!!!

Then... I looked at the car and realized that not only was it not my car... I had just locked my videos in the car that was not mine! Luckily, the owners of the car were in the Blockbuster, and we got them to come out and unlock it... My friend laughed at me, saying that I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't been too busy lecturing her to pay attention to whether or not it was my car...

Of course, when we got back to my car, I was enraged to notice that she ACTUALLY HADN'T LOCKED THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR!! [Mad]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
aka - you managed to UNLOCK this other car with YOUR keys?!

Doesn't that bother you?

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that was sort of odd. It was a little bit hard, but it worked.
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, nother stupid story. My mom and I came out of Costco with a load of groceries. it was around the holidays, so the place was packed and as soon as someone realized we were leaving, they followed us and waited for our parking place. Well, we got to our van and realized it was unlocked (which we thought was strange), but anyway, we opened the tailgate, LOADED IN ALL THE GROCERIES (and there were a lot), and got in the front seat. I looked between the seats and realized that there was a console storage thing there that WAS NOT supposed to be and my mom and I looked at each other, screamed, and lept out of the car. We proceeded to unload all the groceries and run away and I can't imagine what that person must have thought of us who was waiting for our parking place. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
After dinner one night as my mom and I walked towards my car, it seemed that it was on. I was sure I had turned it off but sure enough when we got to it, the keys were in the ignition and it was running.

Sweird

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
One time, I locked my keys in the car.

While they were in the ignition and the car was still running.

*accepts the title of biggest moron in the world*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
That's impressive. My car has a keypad on it so I could get in.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia- I've done that too. I didn't even notice until I went to get in my car after dinner and found it running. Luckily my parents were there to unlock it for me.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad once locked the keys in the car when he and I were together. What was really frightening, was when we were trying to figure out how to get the door open, a woman walked down the street near us, and saw what we were doing (we had a Toyota). She pulled out her keys (which had the Honda emblem embossed on them) and stuck it in the keyhole. The door opened.

[Eek!]

We arrived at the conclusion that she was a professional car thief.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Once I went out to my car, loaded in the groceries, started it up, drove it home, unloaded the groceries, locked the car, and went inside.

After reading all your posts in this thread, I'm worried that I've been driving somebody else's car ever since! [Angst]

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Eheheh... Actually, once or possibly twice, my best friend's inability to lock the door has come in handy. One time at the library, I locked the door with the keys in the ignition and the car still running. There was a moment of panic before I realized that my friend had once again not locked the door...
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Due to the fact that I have locked my keys in My truck before, I keep a spare key around my neck on a chain.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I once ran out of gas in the middle of a busy street. I walked over to the ATM to get money, and realized I had left my purse in the car. I went back to the car to get it and realized I had locked the keys in it. I went a little bit ballistic. A police officer came over and said "You need to move this car." I yelled back: "No F***ing DUH!" and stormed back to the store to call my husband. On my walk to the store, it hit me that, yup, I had just sworn at an officer of the law, and I was in biiiiig trouble.

When I walked back there, I hung my head and said "I'm really sorry." He said, well, are you calmed down? I just wantd to help you move the car.

He let me sit with him until help came in the form of an extra key and money for gas.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.