FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heckling Bob

Author Topic: Heckling Bob
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I was listening to the Monsters of the Morning, a local talk show, last week. They do a lot of promotions at the arena football games here in town and for the past weekend's game, they were interviewing hecklers. Apparently, coach of the opposing team was a real hothead and they wanted to get him so riled up, he would get kicked out of the game. If you were chosen and could do it, you could win $5000.

One guy called in and when asked for his credentials, said he had spent a lot of time at jai-alai razzing a loser named Bob. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
For any Hatrack newbies, a while back, Bob, Icarus and I went to a jai-alai game here in Orlando. We bet too much money on Bob and lost all of it I believe.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
In fact, Bob is the worst jai-alai player on the planet and the only reason they let him play is that he owns the ball.

Bob is the primary reason I didn't get a Trifecta for hundreds of dollars.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, it is time for my dumb jai alai story.

Every time(until, like, maybe five years ago) I passed a sign that said Jai Alai // Fronton, I thought, wow, what a coincidence, this state has a town called Jai Alai right next to a town like Fronton, too!

Duh.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
What on Earth is jai alai???
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

Oh darn, where is my link from the last time we went?
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

You know, it's been some time since we went to Jai Alai.

Or to a Predators' game.

lcarus
Member # 4395

Just saying . . .
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus,
Sounds like a Hatrack bachelor party to me.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, I need to talk to you & Cor...Good things.

But it'll have to wait until tomorrow (Tues). I'll call you!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

I'll be in class tomorrow night. If you don't want to wait, I'm on AIM now, or I can call you if you tell me too.
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Ic, I sent mail to your work e-mail, since I didn't know you were back home. Will you get that soon or should I re-send to your home address?
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

I saw it today. Sowwy for not replying right away, but it was just as I was leaving, and I can't be late to meet the bus, and, and [Embarrassed]

FWIW, count on us being there. We will do whatever we have to to attend.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. Sorry I got impatient. I just wanted to make sure you got it.

[Smile]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

And you know--or you should know--how much I adore you. [Smile]

-o-

And I want to be a part of any bachelor party that takes place. [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.