FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Aaaaaand the French are Dumb

Author Topic: Aaaaaand the French are Dumb
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Very dumb.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I must also be dumb, for I found that highly amusing and impressive.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno . . . that had me smiling from beginning to end! [Smile]
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daedalus
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Daedalus   Email Daedalus         Edit/Delete Post 
We have American Idol and you're criticizing that?
Posts: 641 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
That is one bizarre (yet amazing) talent.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently it's a movie type I can't watch, but um... you do know that it's an Israeli site, right? Not French?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Hee hee darling, it's a very amusing man playing his small suit outifitted with tuned, squeeze horns. It's not actually an insult. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Well, the guy talks in french. So I just assumed...

But, yeah, I considered it pretty dumb. Maybe not the French, just that one guy in particular.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry Annie. It's a French guy. [Smile] I'm actually quite impressed. I would LOVE entertainment like that at a party or dinner instead of a retarded stand up comic.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Now I'm curious, dangit. [Smile]

You gotta love the culture that gave us Marcel Marceau and Jordy.

[ March 31, 2004, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Annie ]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that was great! Awesome and weird at the same time...
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

So, I came downstairs and commandeered my roommate's pc just to watch it.

That is so cool! I think I'll have to learn that for the next talen show I go to.

(I Love the "Retour au classique!" after the "pop." Ha ha ha!)

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Amuuuusee... That guy's got some skills... [Big Grin]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually think its pretty intelligent humor [Smile] .

I mean, he was playing classical music after all.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahahahahaa, I have that video saved somewhere on my computer. Awesome.

Also on the web, http://www.jerry.digisle.tv/room.html

Amex decided to do "webisodes" of their Jerry Seinfeld/Superman commercials, so that they could make them longer. Sorta like "The Hire" films that BMW did ( www.bmwfilms.com )

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
That was absolutely amazing. I agree...in a culture where American Idol is King, this is head and shoulders above it. Bring back the Gong Show! This reminds me of that Japanese video with the "Matrix"-like pseudo-puppetry ping pong game. It also looked to be on a variety show and was hilarious and clever to boot. Very cool. Call me dumb, but I like this kind of stuff.

fil

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

It might not have been your intention, but thanks, Book, it was superb !!!!

[ROFL]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Nato, thanks for that Seinfeld link. that was good stuff.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
That was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. (The Seinfeld was really good, too.)
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
That was great!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was cute but I wished the audience had stopped clapping so much so I could hear him better.

Still, I liked it =)

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Man... Am I the only one who wasn't impressed by this guy?
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! The guy is funny! [ROFL]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That was better than almost anything on TV here in America.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Apparently it's a movie type I can't watch, but um... you do know that it's an Israeli site, right? Not French?
Icelandic, actually.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the trouble, for Book, is that the audience was wearing Tuxedos. I thought it was funny, but not brilliant. There have been a number of wearable instruments since the invention of the synthesizer.

It does hark back to the days of "Real People" and "That's Incredible".

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I have found my calling in life...
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Man, all I can think about is where to get those kind of horns...
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Very... horny... ha, T_Smith ? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
That's amazing!
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MormonFunk
Member # 6002

- posted      Profile for MormonFunk   Email MormonFunk         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll make one of my occasional appearances to say this is funny! Not hillarious but it is funny. Sorry, Book. You're vastly in the minority on this one.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

So I noticed.
MormonFunk
Member # 6002

- posted      Profile for MormonFunk   Email MormonFunk         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, you can find plenty of stupid videos at StupidVideos.com . With the number of active posters here at Hatrack, someone may have already linked that site previously. I don't know if any of them are French in origin [Big Grin] .
Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
i used to love stupid videos. My favorite was:

*warning...tasteless humor ahead*

where the monkey farts, cups the smell in his hand, and then sniffs his hand and proceeds to knock himself out with the smell. the fact that he throws his arms up in the air and falls of a tree branch makes it even funnier. [Smile]

I can't seem to find it there anymore.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

That's when you realize how alike we are to our noble, graceful primate brethren.

Also that poo is funny.

[ March 31, 2004, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Anyone know the specific name of those horns, or where to get them so I can attempt this? Think about it, I could be the life of the funeral if I could do this.
Book
Member # 5500

And funeral entertainment is a seriously booming industry.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Lets just say that I would run the market.
Book
Member # 5500

I've dabbled in staged boxing at funerals. You get surprisingly good tips.
Phil Tice
Member # 6370

- posted      Profile for Phil Tice   Email Phil Tice         Edit/Delete Post 
I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more. That guy was amazing. And yeah, was definitely not an Israeli site. That don't look nuthin like no Hebrew. Icelandic I'll buy. Thanks for sharing the Horn Guy. How do you say "Horn Guy" in French?

-PT

Posts: 35 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I shouldn't have come back [Wink]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Now really... April Fool's ? [Wink] Glad you're back [Big Grin]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::bump for a friend::
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] That's awesome
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.